400th Post: A Losing Players Testimony

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing online in 2008 and lost bad in the beginning due to poor/nonexistent BRM. I'm still losing in 2010 but not near what I used to thanks to reading every poker book I can get my hands on and the countless threads of great info on CC. I figure I'll be golden in 2012. Thanks to all.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i still make the mistakes you make. but most importantly i dont play on tilt, i just close the computer, see a movies, do whatever. i used to play on tilt, everyting seemed like a bad beat at the time.

ozboyy

ozboyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistakes?

Everyone makes mistakes every game, me maybe more than most. But I think it comes back to the fact that every single hand is different and mistakes ARE a good thing. NO MISTAKES, NO LEARN!!:)

T

Tonawanda

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet that the situation you find yourself in is similar to many players. Why? Because so many of us want to:

1st enjoy poker, have fun, pass some time, break even
2nd feel good about ourselves
3rd gain respect from others
4th be a winner
5th win some money
6th win a lot of money
7th be the very best
8th be a pro

The order of this list is different for every person and very incomplete, but I think you get the idea. The real question and answer is: how and what do you do, when you know what you want?

My questions to you are: What do you really want to do or accomplish when you play on line poker? How important is it to you? Are you really willing to do the things that you know you should be doing, and stop doing the things that you should not be doing?

I think a self analysis would be helpful. You may find that you are satisfied with #1 above. If so, enjoy the game. If not determine what you want to accomplish. Set a goal. Take as much time to plan as you did to write the post. Look at your plan and goal every day. COMMITMENT & DISCIPLINE may be the two things you need to add. You seem to have all the tools, Now you need to learn how to use them.

I would normally end this post with good luck, but in this situation luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Go For It