2008 Results/Graphs & 2009 Goals Thread

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice Chuck :)

It's quite striking how many of us have gone from 25nl to 100nl+ (quite a bit + in your case) in 2008, FP, Zach, you, me TB have all had big years for moving up. Like you I had no notion of finishing the year where I have. This time last year I was playing the warm-up or million once every couple of months and didn't play ring at all. Now I play the "bigs" every week and it doesn't dent the roll and have a game which I think is starting to come together in Ring at 100nl as something good.

I like what you say about stretching goals. My $1200k a month is obviously stretching... the $1200 a month is to pay off car loans, the first time I've ever made an ongoing financial committment I intend to pay off with poker money (I can afford it anyway, but that's not the plan).

My "stretch" goal is to clear 20k (my best year to date) by a margin 50k would be nice. Intending to do this by winning 1k+ a month at Ring and get some monster tourney wins. Got to hope for a final table in one of the biggies as well. I've been close enough to taste it this year and it's going to happen, just a question of when. rawr and stuff.

Rambling now, got a big post coming about stuff, looking back and looking forward.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Goal is to move from 10NL to 25NL (pretty close already) and then be up to 50NL by July or so, and be a consistent winner by the end of '09.
Also to play less SNG's becuase I suck/hate them.
Maybe take up a bit of 6max.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal for 2009 is continue to progress and learn. I won't get anywhere near the hand count that the monsters of CC get, but I still have a degree to get in 2009 before I get laid off. Working full time and school full time and posting here full time tend to cut in to the number of available hands to play.

In the beginning of 2008, my goal was to maintain a positive real-money bankroll on at least two sites. Done. I have become comfortable with BR management and now I don't sweat a $1 SnG or two a night.

Awwww... who am I kidding... I'm going to PWN the $500K tomorrow and fund my trip to Vegas in July for the wsop.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 goal

become a HU superstar (also known as, have a grasp of what the hell is going on in a years time)

1 plan

win enough to fund an america wide road trip to party up with some peeps

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope after tomorrow I can post my 2008 result of placing in the money in the Sunday warm-up! Heck Rex - you can have 1st place, I just want some cash!

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well let's just say it's been one wild, crazy and often difficult year in every way not just including at the poker tables. Way too many life set backs that negatively affected my ability to play poker.

so I'm going to just focus on the general positives here!

I was a winning player this year and went from $10 NL to $50 NL. That's what I'll take away. I really believe it could have been alot more, but this is certainly not too shabby!

This upcoming year I want to achieve the following:

1) Move on up to $100 NL.

2) Continue to take significant time studying and improving my game.

3) Make Platinum Star a minimum of 4 times.... hopefully more.

4) Play tournaments a little more often..final table one MTT.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My graph is pretty embarrassing but you can all have a nice laugh at it.

wowco5.jpg

Anyway I don't know what my goals are right now, I'll think about that later. One goal would to be stop sucking at poker I guess.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3.2BB/100 winrate Seany, there's nothing shameful in that :)

I don't have my year graph (got rid of all the 25nl, 50nl and some of the 100nl when I switched to PT3) but I would be amazed if I was >1.5BB/100 for the year.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Seany 3.2BB/100 fine, not sure what stakes it at, but there's plenty of foundation there m8. Your a winning player and you have the game to move up and develop as a player. NH imo!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill post my graph at some stage later today.

This year was very different. Being able to cash out 8K for the wedding was awesome, and since then its been an awesome year.

From the 2K i had left i now have a ~$6K roll, which in fairness is ok for 3 months :)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg i woke up still drunk i hate this
ive got a bus to ride

read my blog everyonegogoog

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My year progressively got better, but I still haven't become a winning player yet.

About Sept. I quit depositing and went strictly to CC freerolls. I cashed in quit a few and won a couple, but never lasted more than a month with my low b/r. But at the beginning of the year a $50 deposit would last me about 5 days. Now, I can easily clear over a month with a $50 f/r win.

My main problem is complacency. When my b/r jumps I tend to start playing more hands and call down lighter than I do when I start playing. This will be one of my goals for 2009; to gain a more solid game and remove said complacency.

My work is already starting to pick up a little, so with a little luck I might be able to deposit a nice b/r.

2009 goals-

-Start playing a more solid game
-Deposit ~$500 on FT
-Request a sweat session once a month (after deposit)
-Post more in HH section
-Try to move up to 25NL by end of year

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone on here play on FT and Stars? I don't feel like depositing $50 on FT and I just want to play a few sng's, so I just want to trade like $5 with whoever is willing to do it.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone on here play on FT and Stars? I don't feel like depositing $50 on FT and I just want to play a few sng's, so I just want to trade like $5 with whoever is willing to do it.

For one, this is the wrong place to post this. Two, unless you know someone here really well, I doubt this is gonna happen.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah crap, I thought this was under a different thread. :( Now I look like some miserly poker forum noob. Carry on, then.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With cash games(1 month of 10nl and some 25nl), sngs, and mtts, its looking like i made around 18k in profit. My goals for next year....

1. double this years winnings
2. take a Sunday event down?
3. play cash again starting at 25nl
4. Sn, but i doubt it(big year, graduating from college and baby)

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Seany 3.2BB/100 fine, not sure what stakes it at, but there's plenty of foundation there m8. Your a winning player and you have the game to move up and develop as a player. NH imo!

lolamentswz7.jpg

I tilt too much. And I recently tilted and withdrew everything but $250 so I'm kind of starting over. :p

Benjammn

Benjammn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My 2009 goals are pretty lowly. Then again, I'm in an expensive college, so doing these without any $ makes sense to me.
1. Start building my microroll by cashing in the Astronomer's Freeroll Tourneys on Stars. I'm way too cheap, poor, and bad to be wasting actual money on poker yet. XD I, however, placed in the top 100 in the last one I did, so I feel like I can cash soon in one.
2. Play 50k hands this year (may or may not happen, depends on what I'm doing this summer).
3. Read all of the books I just got for Christmas. I finished the first Harrington one, still have the other 2 to read and I have the Little Green Book in the mail. Not to mention that I should read all of them two or ten times.
4. Know basic strategy like the back of my hand. While I'm not terrible, I'm still somewhat of a donk sometimes (namely in all in situations, where I lose everything).

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Benjamm forget doing those thousands of players freerolls, they are like the worst form of poker.

Put $1 in a jar everyday, then in 50 days deposit $50 and play 5nl or $2 sngs. The play isnt by any means "better" really, but at least you could potentially make a profit.

Last edited:
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wtf monoxide, dont you play like 500nl live and you cant deposit 50 bucks?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Benjamm forget doing those thousands of players freerolls, they are like the worst form of poker.

Put $1 in a jar everyday, then in 50 days deposit $50 and play 5nl or $2 sngs. The play isnt by any means "better" really, but at least you could potentially make a profit.

pretty sure you're confused, bud

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

put down that bottle yo. Yeah im down $1k this week from 500nl, I love it...

On a totally unrelated note, bacon and eggs is a delicious breakfast.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the spirit of ChuckTs over-the-top goals (which I like), I'll say:

1) 500K hands
2) 40K $$

Now I just have to learn to win again! :) :(