2 entries into a CC buy-in event($5.50 each) for the winners of this contest

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KC, dont engage in conversation with him, wear a T-shirt saying, 'chat banned' across the middle, that would confuse him, and not give away any tells from your behalf.

OMG I would def do that lol.....lmao

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, there are two prizes up for grabs, each one is a buy-in of $5.50 each to any CC event at FT.
Posting requirements apply(is it 15 for CC buy-in events? someone correct this if wrong), and the only other rules are
a)you must have been a member of CC before August 2008(this year) and b)your bankroll at FT must be lower than $100(screenshot of cashier page required by me before I transfer at the end of the competition).
This contest will last from the moment this thread is posted for the following 5 days, no longer.

Contest is as follows:
Which poker pro(you can pick any, dead or alive) would you like to play HU at NL Holdem for the sum of a million pounds, if you could pick anyone in the world?
Buy-in($500,000) has been covered by CC:eek: :eek: :eek: .
I want to know who, and why, doesnt have to be paragraphs, but just your explanation, ok?
Prizes will be awarded in 2 categories, the funniest entry(judged by me), and the most-thought through one, with a proper explanation as to why you think you could take down the pro(seriously)(again, judged by me)

This contest begins now. One entry each please, either funny or serious, but not both.

Oh, mtt's must be played by the end of September, 2008, if you cash for more than $20 I want my $5.50 stake back, you keep the rest. If you cash for less than $20, you keep the lot.
Can we keep replies to this thread just to entries, nothing else, please, makes my job easier...............

Oh without a shadow of a doubt it would have to be Phil Gordon.

I have spent hour after hour on bloody Full Tilt trying to win that sodding DVD, I've gone out first hand with AA, I've gone out in third place having spent three hours trying to get there.

I've done absolutely everything within my powers to get that DVD and can I do it. Can I buggery...

So please. please. if there is s god anywhere in this universe, please let me play Phil Gordon so I can ask him to give me a copy of that frigging DVD or at least get some hints as to whats on it...

Most players dream is to win the wsop. Mine isnt. I just want a copy of Phil Gordons DVD...

I am not bothered even about the Million pounds. He can keep that..

Last edited:
Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had the chance to play one pro in a HU NL Hold’em game I would have to chose Daniel Negreanu. Daniel has always and will always be my favorite poker player. I have admired his aggressive style, the types of hands he plays, and most of all how self-poised Daniel is. I’m not going to say that I know I could take down Daniel in a head’s up match, but I would do my best. I do believe that I think it would be a great match, as I have adapted a play style, which is very similar do Daniels. We would be playing the odd cards that we do play, and making the lucky hits and the wonderful flops that would make for an interesting match. I believe the way our match would end wouldn’t be a huge pocket pair vs. another. I believe it would be two suited connectors, or some variation of suited cards, or connector cards that hit a straight or a flush, maybe even a straight flush.

Attachments

• account.jpg
    account.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you didnt win, N.D., just a loan, till you win $200 and then you pay me back.

Oh sorry, surely you understand my confusion, based on the situation. Of course that explains why $5 and not $5.50. Without the 50 cent monkey on my back, I actually can have fun. Now to decide what to do...

Oh and thank you again, but maybe even more so, since I wasn't asking for a loan either. So what's say if I can actually meet the $200 goal, I pay back and pay it forward? That seems appropriate.

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely Jennifer Tilly. Because I know it's almost sadistic but I really like her squeaky voice!

Plus, while she is a very good player, and I support her when I watch, she is easily distracted. She clearly spends much time during a poker hand trying channel her boyf Phil's thoughts for help. With all that concentration she might just check all her big hands down to me, or fold when I raise for fear I hold quads! If only Phil Ivey knew then what he knows now- Jennifer is deathly afraid of quads even when she holds a full house!
A Quad-o-phobic she is!

Honestly, though after what I've seen on TV, I just want a shot HU on her. She def breathes heavy when scared she's beat, and doesn't breathe hardly at all when she's not. With this read plus her evident quad-a-phobia, I really do think I'd have a decent chance.

I'll post my acct screen shot in a bit.

Thanks for this opportunity.

Last edited:
katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't even be eligible if I hadn't bubbled out with Q-Q on Tuesday, lol

Attachments

• fulltilt.JPG
    fulltilt.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2
dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I don't think anyone would have a chance against one of the top poker professionals. Just because you play the same game, doesn't mean you play the same game. But since it would be CC money :D ...

I would like to go heads up against Daniel Negreanu. He looks like he has so much fun playing poker and I like to chat and have fun wile playing too. The learning experience would be invaluable.

Plus, being from canada and around the same age, we would have more in common to talk about while playing.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I don't think anyone would have a chance against one of the top poker professionals. Just because you play the same game, doesn't mean you play the same game. But since it would be CC money :D ...

I disagree wholeheartedly. Part of what makes it exciting is that everyone stands a chance. Sure they'd have a huge edge what with experience and all, but you'd still stand a chance. The minute you think you don't have a snowball's chance in hell is the minute you well, don't have a snowball's chance in hell. Where's Yogi Berra when I need him?

If you watch the National Heads Up Championship videos, even pros make mistakes. Big ones too!

I for one have a huge advantage over my pick. I know he exists. I can watch hours and hours of footage of him playing heads up. He doesn't know I exist. Doesn't know a thing about me. That's a tremendous advantage. Yeah, he's got the experience, but he can't have a clue what I'd do or how I'd play.

Plus, it's high time somebody showed a big dog that us little dogs have teeth too, and we like to bite!!! Grrrr

This little dog's going back to trying to figure out how $1 + 25 cents is a good value versus $2 + 25 cents.

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOps I forgot the pic

Here is my info to go with my Gavin Smith post.

2i06xlg.jpg

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, I don't think anyone would have a chance against one of the top poker professionals.

Just shove every single hand and when the pro calls you, you'll never be worse than a 93.8/6.2 underdog (AA vs. A7o for instance). 6.2% of a million is still pretty nice EV.

If you can choose the format and go for a super turbo structure, you can even have a much better chance than that.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

First off, anybody has a chance against anybody at the poker table, Pro or not. The only status the word "Pro" gives you, is the fact that it is your JOB! I know plenty of poker players that should be "Pro's" but they are not simply because they still hold their day job.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh sorry, surely you understand my confusion, based on the situation. Of course that explains why $5 and not $5.50. Without the 50 cent monkey on my back, I actually can have fun. Now to decide what to do...

Oh and thank you again, but maybe even more so, since I wasn't asking for a loan either. So what's say if I can actually meet the $200 goal, I pay back and pay it forward? That seems appropriate.
pay it back, pay it forward, it doesn't matter, just have fun with it. if you win, that's a bonus. Just the thought of you playing poker with my 'borrowed' chips makes me happy.

Just in case anyone missed the evidence of Jennifer Tilly's quadaphobia. It's amazing!

Follow the video link below

YouTube - Jennifer Tilly Vs Patrick Antonius... Jennifer Tilly = donk
katharine, just keep this between me and you, but you've won already, but, sssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone. I might have to create a third prize so it doesnt look rigged, in fact i will. you win the secret contest for best video link! Edit: tried to transfer, you need to fill in your address info at FT, young lady, ok?
First off, anybody has a chance against anybody at the poker table, Pro or not. The only status the word "Pro" gives you, is the fact that it is your JOB! I know plenty of poker players that should be "Pro's" but they are not simply because they still hold their day job.
If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.
- Hermann Hesse
totally agree, Crummy. And your signature is my current favourite at CC. Stirs all kinds of emotions in me, thanks. Edit:$5 shipped for sig, and cause you sound like a great guy.

Last edited:
K

kazor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone feel like PM'ing me how they are getting those nice clear cashier pics done and/or how they black out certain parts. Take a moment and help out :)

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone feel like PM'ing me how they are getting those nice clear cashier pics done and/or how they black out certain parts. Take a moment and help out :)

Open your PM box and I have sent you a nice instruction guide.

Any problems let me know.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play against Greg Raymer and wear the Groucho Marx nose and glasses disguise or Jennifer Tilly and let HER spank me around... I'll give you two hours to stop that;). Great idea wish I was eligible...and believe me it's not because of the money thang:(

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much K dog! I am so excited to play in a buy-in event!

I updated my address info in Fulltilt so now it should work!

Let me know if you need anything else from me!

B

blabber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing for a million pound, I wouldn't care which pro I played against, just someone who had an extreme case of narcolepsy so that I could steal their chips while they sleep.

R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play the poker brat Phil "he thinks he's A big deal" Hellmuth. I have A great sense of humor, and could "really" make him cry and" tilt" and come up with one of his famous" He can't even spell poker "or "he can dodge bullets baby"statements, the problem with that one is if I'm shooting at him he won't even hear the shot until the "bullet" has already arrived, What fun it would be to take down the worlds most famous sniveler!!!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got a PM, from fcumred, but try picnik.com for online editting, its free, and so neat!.

Well Thank You Very Much!!!
no, Thank you!
Open your PM box and I have sent you a nice instruction guide.

Any problems let me know.
cheers, Iveys littleboy(sp?)

I would like to play against Greg Raymer and wear the Groucho Marx nose and glasses disguise or Jennifer Tilly and let HER spank me around... I'll give you two hours to stop that;). Great idea wish I was eligible...and believe me it's not because of the money thang:(
your'e eligible, I just decided................
Thank you very much K dog! I am so excited to play in a buy-in event!

I updated my address info in Fulltilt so now it should work!

Let me know if you need anything else from me!
er, I kinda shipped the money already, $5 of it anyway, purely for your avater's beautiful smile, if that's you, then, wow! Dont tell my wife I said that, she's a silent/non-reading member here, lol! GL
Playing for a million pound, I wouldn't care which pro I played against, just someone who had an extreme case of narcolepsy so that I could steal their chips while they sleep.
very funny entry, thankyou.
I would love to play the poker brat Phil "he thinks he's A big deal" Hellmuth. I have A great sense of humor, and could "really" make him cry and" tilt" and come up with one of his famous" He can't even spell poker "or "he can dodge bullets baby"statements, the problem with that one is if I'm shooting at him he won't even hear the shot until the "bullet" has already arrived, What fun it would be to take down the worlds most famous sniveler!!!
great entry, rf

T

thetrimguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would also have to say mike the mouth because i am just like him loud and agressive plus id love to piss him off and get him going

Winner Poker