Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

L

lucas_t_rex_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
case by case

it depends on how many you play in the hand, I wouldn’t fold if it was just a player raising, and even better if my pot is high, why not risk it

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short answer no... There is one set of cards that is ahead of me so I will go for it... All in if I have too...
Call me a mad man....:)

G

Gibmafuffi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never won against a KK Pre-Flop, so I always go for it.

P

pedro1590

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

I mean I say I could get away... but that is probably because we all like to pretend we can make hero folds!

I could fold only against one player is we got to 5th or 6th bets pre flop and they had raised early.

or if I had 3BBs at the bubble and it was 3+ handed if I called.

If I am first to act and short I am probably always shipping.

Kinginthenorth

Kinginthenorth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never say never

2 handed probably not, but if the action gets wild and 4 or 5 people are determined to see the flop no matter the cost then sure, Best preflop hand no matter what it is, isn't safe 5 handed. :cool:

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends a lot on the situation, but only if you have the whole table all in

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is difficult to decide on this, although it is necessary sometimes. But I never fold

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m never folding Kings pre in a cash game but I have occasionally done it in tournaments but only under very special circumstances

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there

No Never
This is the second best hand
Rgds

V

Vgs0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments after loosing with AA from bad card's it happen because 4 players go all in and decided to fold and be in prizes with less chips than leave tournament from simple cards

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation, what stage of the tournament we are in, our chips, what other players did before action got to us.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems like everytime I have KK and end up all-in pre-flop, it never fails that someone ALWAYS has AA. Ok maybe not every time but it happens all to often for me to just say KK is an automatic all in pre-flop. Also, there is a big difference between shoving and calling villain's all-in pre-flop. There are so many variables and factors to consider in hands like this and the question has no right or wrong answer.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with you mcmullen i would call at preflop with pocket KK's rather than shove allin because of the chance of someone having AA ;)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't think I could, even in a tournament. Looks to good to me :).

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I guess there are some occasions where I'd fold KK preflop
1) I'm playing a sattelite and already have my place guarateed.
2) Multiple all ins and the pay jump would make a difference in my life.
3) Really deep tournament and maybe 3 all ins before me with some 4 and 5-bets involved.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t even remember that I would fold KK, especially on preflop, they come so rarely.

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i would never fold KK preflop, even if He would have aces, i Block so much hands that would beat me like AK, i dont Block Aces, but the odds that hes get Aces are only 270 to 1, even if He would have Aces, i would nevertheless have 20% equity to win it, so much hand habent even that, even if i would foldet Pocket Kings and i see that he haves AA it would be a hero fold, but if i would do that in long run, i lose money, because i fold the second best hand!
Conclusion: If you fold KK, you will WILL lose money, because your Hand doesnt pay the money it have to, because it lose all the equity if you fold!!!

S

Skripka Dmitriy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded kings, more than once, having seen an ace.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not pre flop you still have good odds of winning the hand

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually go super high and back out and take loses when the ace shows up on the board

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not try to play it like any hand that I like preflop if we see the river better for sure because not only does the ace fly, I lost I full of kings against poker of 9 it is the blessed variance

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I heard about this at pokerstars in an expensive online tournament. But, I think that there is hardly anyone who will fold pocket kings preflop, unless of course this is a super expensive tournament and one player is left before the prizes.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well yes but may depend on many things... the position on the table... for me its depend also of the buy in... but thats not for everyone. and also the bubble and the number of player in the hand

Folding in Poker