In a Satelitte i can fold
if I already have the ticket...

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None could recommand you to fold Monsters on Preflop however if you are playing on pokerstars AKA Jokestars and that you are holding a decent stack there's no need to go All In with all your stack with any of those hands AA-KK-QQ you should rather call with them and play them cautiously because we are bawling for this kind of hands and it is towards our ruin that we move with this kind of made hands Pokerstars is really exploiting us with this Monsters eating a big part of our stack each time and putting us on Tilts. I will never recommand you to fold these hands on any other room but Jokestars yes fold is a great decision if someone with a bigger stack pushes all in I have been there with aces and kings and lost most of my AA-KK-QQ hands

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a matter of chance.

I was in the same situation with AA, but that does not mean that I will stop playing them aggressively.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gotta play em, no matter what.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time you should fold KK preflop is , wait..... wait........ NEVER!!

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you get back raised all in pre-flop

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

I know that there are already simualar threads existing. But I have just lost 5 times in only two days with KK against Aces. That's why I'm starting to think more often about folding KK preflop lately.

Do you think that folding KK preflop in a normal micro stakes cash game is ever correct ?
I'm getting ultra paranoid with KK lately because every time I get 4bet by a nit I think I have to fold. But I'm still convinced these are all just coolers and I just can't get away from it. It just sucks because KK vs. Aces is a threat to my bankroll.
It is obviously just super easy to exploit players who fold kings preflop but let's say I play against a 10/8 nit with a 1 % 3bet stat and he 4bets me when I have KK. Should I really fold ?
Quick answer: Absolutely, but it all depends on various situations such as how many other players are going all-in pre-flop, what position was the original raiser? Was this player extremely pre-flop aggressive in prior hands?

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore my previous reply because I did not fully read your complete scenario.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would always get it in, i think folding it will more often be a mistake then a good play. Unless ofcourse, there is a lot of ICM in play. In a satty for example, or a double or nothing SNG you may have to fold it. But even in MTT ICM i think its going to be to strong to fold. Maybe live in a closer spot with kings + having some tell, sure. But i don't think KK is a hand to hero fold. Youll more often be ahead then behind even when facing a lot of aggresion early stage. I do understand someone may fold KK very very rarely though, but you'd must have a very good read about a specific opponents rather then just VERY tight stats. You must know your opponents play better then just tight stats.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd never fold kings, even against aces.

IamVALHALLA

IamVALHALLA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold KK pre. I am looking to go all in everytime. If I run into AA so be it.

Pretty much this. If the game was played with only 2 cards, then at that point only a single hand is beating you - I like those odds.
As well as that, the hands I see people 3 and 4-betting (and even going all-in) with @ PokerStars genuinely beggars belief.
Morons shoving with JJ, ATo, QAo, TT all over the place.

I'm shoving all day with KK pre-flop.

NeverWin

NeverWin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK is my nemesis hand! It seems to me that I have the absolute worst luck with KK. Don't get me wrong I have won tons of money with KK over the years. That being said it seems like I lose with them more than I win no matter how perfectly I play the hand. Even when I get all the money in while I am way ahead they suck out on me. I get a funny feeling every time I look down at KK haha.

There are alot of variables which decide the best way to play KK in any given situation.

When in early position with KK especially on a table with lots of pre flop raising try limping in and letting them raise behind you. When the action comes back to you make a decent sized re raise. If the original raiser then raises again or goes all in you can seriously consider folding KK if this raiser has a somewhat tight table image and doesn't just raise and re raise a lot of the time. If the player is a solid rock type player you can safely fold for sure! The downside to this move is if everyone behind you limps in and you don't get a chance to re raise. If that happens proceed with caution since there will probably be several players in the pot with you. I wouldn't invest to much in the pot at that point and I would be willing to fold if someone showed much strength.

From middle - late position make sure to raise 4 or 5x the BB plus 1x for each caller in front of you. If anyone reraises you all in its safe to fold. If they make a reasonable sized reraise its safe to call and go from there.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think i'd ever fold KK preflop in a cash game.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dang those Kings are hard to fold.

Folding in Poker