Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotVincent559

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure need an exit strategy! I usually go into a table with a set amount of time I want to play. Just my way of doing it

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree to leave the table when you triple or quadruple up. or bust out.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is called bankroll management. Each one perceives the moment that starts to get uncomfortable.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I at least try to double up then change tables I have occasionally stayed too late and lost with the best starting hand

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if your kk runs to aces your 10j to ace jack and your flush draw draws thin cause he has the same only higher then I think you should run away the soonest possible.It's not your day.The soonest you accept it the less you will lose.If they let you see many chip flops and they have hands to pay you off then stay for a week.

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a certain time in advance, you need to be to schedule and play a certain time no matter you are in the black or in the red

P

pOKeRpEnGuIN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when to leave a table

if i lose half are all my stack or if i have quadrupled up or better

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I leave when I recognize everyone at the table and they all are thinking players. No point of battling over the rake.

BCK777

BCK777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I think too that the BEST time to leave is triple up. When i play cash games i always set myself the task of triple and leave the table and its often manage to me.
GL to all - play carefull and wisely !!!

C

Cleavon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man i always stay to long when i am playing live or online i run my chips up and get to greedy!

S

Sweetchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a lot of useful tips especially about money and bankroll management - tnx for that! As for me - playing before double and dump

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before i used to wait for 6 orbits or 58 hands and see if im earning or not, if im losing i'll move to another table.
Right now.. i just check the condition meter in DriveHUD which works great for me.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set yourself a reasonable target before you start, depending on your past results. When this figure is reached it is time to stop. One other way to stop, which doesn't need much thinking, is when you are broke.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am leaving table when I lost my concentration, or when I won at least the sum of money I started with playing at that table.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am leaving table when I lost my concentration, or when I won at least the sum of money I started with playing at that table.

wouldn't that just make it break-even for that table?

S

sadiulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any time you enter a cash game, you should have an exit strategy. Just stick to it and evolve your criteria as you learn what works for you and what doesn't.

Whenver you entering in a cash game , you have to be ready how to exit from it. The strategy is most important thing so it's learnable thing. GL

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel that my game become worse, I make a break.

A

arod6893

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh 75% of this comments are the bane of the profitable poker existence.

THE DOUBLE UP AND TRIPLE UP EFFECT DOES NOT WORK. It is a flaws philosophy on the table and will cause you to stay on tables longer then you should or need to. You need to understand how you're playing versus the table, how the cards are falling, and if you can adjust to the changes on the table.

When I 3-4 table, I pay attention to the factors that keep me on and off a table and how I'm playing against the table. I also set a time limit for myself. I like to play in time stints, which work for me, because now I'm not focused on a dollar amount to achieve, but now the best poker play I can make which in itself to making more money. But if I feel like my game is off totally, I'm making terrible EV moves, and nothing is going my way, and my ego is getting in the way to "level" someone, I cut bait and take a break. No need to push the envelope if I am not at my best.

Don't put money values for when to leave. Yes, you want a goal for the day, but if you dont hit that goal, let it be in the confines of your poker plays and not forcing the plays because you need to hit a mark.

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you're money got double.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would leave the table after I lost 1-2 buy-ins. Of course same thing would happen if the tables were turned. If I'm ahead 1-2 buy-ins I would leave the table as well.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use 3 factors
I quit when I Double up or triple up or when my session has reached an hour.
If I double up and the game is full of fish I'll stick around and try for the triple.

After 60 minutes when or lose it's best to log off and take a break and then start a session on another table. I'll extend my session if I see fish still in the sea

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of good advice here, so I'll add my two cents.
A general time limit is smart to keep you from getting tired, frustrated, tilt, or getting too loose when on a roll. Because the roll always ends.
I'll watch a table for a few minutes before entering. If I can quickly figure out the style and fish level of a few of the players, I'll enter the table. And then I leave when there are new players whom I can't quickly figure out.
Also, make notes on your favourite fish. Look for their tables when you come on. Don't be too obvious, following the same couple of players around every night since you'll just drive them off the site.
So, when to leave? When I feel like I'm not playing with more knowledge of the players at the table than they might have of me. Which is why it's important to not play like a robot; you have to bluff (or semi bluff) once in a while, and slow play a great hand here and there. When you're predictable to the others, you'll start losing money over time.

P

Pokerpro41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrong

This is a very important question you’re asking because people get confused between two concepts. One is what is normally called money management and one is what I would call “bankroll management”. Bankroll management is very important. Even if you are a great player, you must have enough of a bankroll to sustain the inevitable losing streaks. And I have never been opposed to that. Quite the contrary, I have been very vociferous proponent of keeping a big enough bankroll to be able to play and sustain losses. The concept that I am always trying to explain to people is the “other” definition of money management.

Money management in most people’s minds means quitting simply because of how you are doing that day, or continuing to play simply because of how you are doing that day. In other words, you are in a game and you have lost x number of bets so you quit, only to come back tomorrow. Well, that is a silly concept because it is all one game. If you are a serious poker player, you are playing by the week, by the month, not by the day. And if you for instance are in a very good poker game, you don’t quit simply because of how you are doing. You quit because the game has gotten worse, you quit because you are tired. You quit because you don’t want to win too much and have them not invite you back to the game. These are all proper reasons but not because I am going badly, I’m getting bad cards that day, because I’ve lost a certain amount, or because I’ve won a certain amount. This is simply incorrect. This is not my opinion, this is simply incorrect.

If you will play in a game where you have the advantage, the more you play, the more you will eventually win. If you play in a game where you have the disadvantage, the more you play the more you will eventually lose. There’s no way of getting around that. If there was such a thing as getting around having a disadvantage simply by money management, you could go to the crap table and win by money management. In other words by quitting at the right time or not quitting at the right time but you cannot do that.

Money management is a completely spurious idea as far as when you quit or when you don’t quit. The only thing that matters when you are gambling is to gamble when the odds are in your favor, when you are the best player, when you figure to win. And when you are in that situation play as long as you can. When you are not in that situation quit at the first opportunity. That’s really all there is to say. Bankroll management as far as having enough money – that’s different. But money management – no.

Dude it is not wrong to set a limit on per day playing. Specially if you are doing it for a living. For two huge factors. Its good to have a per day limit. One thing is some days you just wont be able to win. Just how it goes. No math supported by this. Just a poker gut thing. I play for a living i would know. There are sone days just no matter how many times u get it in good that day. It just seems like the cards are against u. This is somewhat true. And its best to keep your losing days as small as possible. Sending a daily limit helps with this . Also help with tilt factor (Main reason why picking a amount to play with in a session a day is cool with you) lets say you play with 2 percent of your bankroll. Each buy in. And you have now bought in 5 times. U now have ten percent of your bankroll gone from your bankroll and idc who you are that will affect you to a degree. And you simply wont play your best. Its a fact the best players in the world play better when there winning and worse when there losing . What makes the best players in the world . The best. Is there is no a huge difference in there choices when losing and winning. Generally they make the same choices. But there is always at least small differences that will make a difference. And lets face it. If you lose 2 percent of your roll. And come back the next day after you put the bad beat/bad playing behind you. You have a much better chance of playing with a clear head. And not playing on tilt (even if your only a little tilted) oppose to being down 3 buy ins and buying in again. What this does is it keeps your losing days small. And if your a winning player. You will hace much bigger wins than loses on avg. This is one thing i did with my bankroll management that made me a bigger winning player. It keeps me always playing in my comfort zone. And that makes me makes me play better. Its stressful if ur in a spot with 30 percent of your roll on the table. And that happens by people i have seen. Who just dont know when to stop buying in. Becuz today is not your day. (even if the game is really good. And players are bad) you can always come back another day with a clear head. I made this mistake a lot. Before i became a pro. I knew the table was weak. And it was a great game and i kept buying in. Great game is not the only factor of when you play or stop playing

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I play for a few hours until my EV is positive. Otherwise I would leave when I got around x3 buyin (in real)

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live.. i set my BR for that day.. and if i reach +50% i stop then transfer table after an orbit or two.I then keep the 50% and go to another table a few hours later.

If i lose the BR i set for that day, then i stop..

Status
Not open for further replies.