****Vinylspiros smashEMup@5NL***thread

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that he called pre and the flop with a range of hands. I also think that range of hands is probably not bluffing the turn, so by x/jamming we are effectively turning our hand into a bluff/gambol. If you're cool with that then fair enough.

ur right cafeman. thnks. solid advice.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small hand's =small pots, large hands=large pots.
I always try to keep that in mind and try not to get fancy @4NL. What do you think Vinyl?

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1: Donk flop for 1/2 pot. I shit you not -- scared nits are not going to continue without a hand; AK, AJ and AT could find a fold here.

Once he flats or raises your flop bet, automatically assume TPTK is not good here, and give up. It just cost you like a quarter rather than your whole stack.

Hand 2 was too aggro. You're 5-way, and while statistically you ARE good like 3/4 of the time initially of the time by playing that fast you're narrowing villains' ranges to something that makes a set (or like, Ah2h or 75) a real possibility. I mean, Villain's hand was like one of the worse you could have run into there, and you still had to dodge 13 outs -- you were actually a slight dog. You won THIS TIME, but you allowed Villain to play perfectly; never a good thing.

One very very important thing you have to remember is that non-nut made hands are usually either marginally ahead or behind in massively multiway flops. You can't play them super fast against tight GII ranges to protect your showdown value, because you will just make sure you have none -- one or more people always have SOMETHING and if someone gets it in that something's usually flipping with or better than you.

Hand 3, b/f turn. Pair+FD doesn't have enough equity on the turn to x/r.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice grinding vinylspiros. Why didn't you buy holdem manager 3 years ago?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alexei,what cafeman meant by eh"" is that you said i won this time but i didnt win. i lost. :p

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In hand 1 you played like a telephone caller

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Small hand's =small pots, large hands=large pots.
I always try to keep that in mind and try not to get fancy @4NL. What do you think Vinyl?

I think your right. but i dont think i did anything fancy in any of these hands, besides the one with the JJ. fancy plays at 5NL are dumb. People at this limit are straightforward 99% of the time. if your raising big and they are going over the top or raising bigger, YOU ARE BEAT. 1+1=2 but sometimes i think its 3 and when i do the math and the result is obvious but i still question it, i lose money.

Hand 1: Donk flop for 1/2 pot. I shit you not -- scared nits are not going to continue without a hand; AK, AJ and AT could find a fold here.

Once he flats or raises your flop bet, automatically assume TPTK is not good here, and give up. It just cost you like a quarter rather than your whole stack.

Hand 2 was too aggro. You're 5-way, and while statistically you ARE good like 3/4 of the time initially of the time by playing that fast you're narrowing villains' ranges to something that makes a set (or like, Ah2h or 75) a real possibility. I mean, Villain's hand was like one of the worse you could have run into there, and you still had to dodge 13 outs -- you were actually a slight dog. You won THIS TIME, but you allowed Villain to play perfectly; never a good thing.

One very very important thing you have to remember is that non-nut made hands are usually either marginally ahead or behind in massively multiway flops. You can't play them super fast against tight GII ranges to protect your showdown value, because you will just make sure you have none -- one or more people always have SOMETHING and if someone gets it in that something's usually flipping with or better than you.

Hand 3, b/f turn. Pair+FD doesn't have enough equity on the turn to x/r.

thnk you alexei for input. i read through this post and get what your trying to say. It's just that in the heat of the moment,it's sometimes hard to let go of such monster hands,esp when villains hands are well hidden . these are the type of hands where you say to yoursel: "ok,im probably beat here but i cannot let this go because if i do i will be going into NIT territory and i dont ever wanna be called a NIT" ,so you just shove and if it's a cooler, it's just a cooler. not much more you could have done.

I'm not good enough to fold an overpair yet. when i get to the point where i can fold an ovberpair in cash games ,that's when ill know that i have really become a pro.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THIS IS WHERE THE HUD ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE EASIER CALLS ON THE FLOP.

VILLAINS STATS: 66/44/8 85% 3BET OVER 65 HANDS.(pretty loose i know right...:) )

GENERALLY SPEAKING,it seams as though the game is MUCH more profitable at night than during the day.

pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($7.31)
Hero (SB) ($6.69)
BB ($2.50)
UTG ($5.19)
MP ($1.21)
CO ($3.68)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif

4 folds, Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.49, BB calls $0.17

Flop: ($0.98) 5
diamond.gif
, 7
heart.gif
, 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.94, Hero calls $0.94

Turn: ($2.86) A
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.07 (All-In), Hero calls $1.07

River: ($5) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5 | Rake: $0.21

Results below:
Hero had A
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Aces).
BB didn't show
Outcome: Hero won $4.79

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After losing all of those buy ins this morning i finally learned a VERY valuable lesson. very proud here.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($17.93)
SB ($10.16)
BB ($8.52)
UTG ($21.02)
Hero (MP) ($5.01)
CO ($9.92)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

1 fold, Hero bets $0.17, CO calls $0.17, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.68) 4
club.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.34, CO raises to $1.05, 1 fold, BB raises to $3.35, Hero folds, CO calls $2.30

Turn: ($7.72) J
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $5 (All-In), CO calls $5

River: ($17.72) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $17.72 | Rake: $0.74

Results below:
BB had 7
spade.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(straight, seven high).
CO had 4
heart.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: BB won $16.98

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1; 4bet bigger pre, I know he's short but I don't even think he'll recognise stack sizes and will just call any two.

Hand 2: Great lay down!:)

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After losing all of those buy ins this morning i finally learned a VERY valuable lesson. very proud here.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($17.93)
SB ($10.16)
BB ($8.52)
UTG ($21.02)
Hero (MP) ($5.01)
CO ($9.92)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

1 fold, Hero bets $0.17, CO calls $0.17, 1 fold, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.68) 4
club.gif
, 3
diamond.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.34, CO raises to $1.05, 1 fold, BB raises to $3.35, Hero folds, CO calls $2.30

Turn: ($7.72) J
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $5 (All-In), CO calls $5

River: ($17.72) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $17.72 | Rake: $0.74

Results below:
BB had 7
spade.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(straight, seven high).
CO had 4
heart.gif
, 4
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, fours).
Outcome: BB won $16.98

citizen_cane.gif

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the fold :D yeah, if you see raise and reraise, forget it, someone has a set.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any updates vinly? How's it going?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Good luck with your challenge Spiro, and great fold with the KK.
I will be following your thread, I may learn a thing or 3.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THREAD UPDATE:

I started this thread on JULY 2nd and today is JULY 8th(7 days)

These are ALL of THE 5NL HANDS ive played in the past week.(I've also added zoom to the challenge. 5NL 6max.)

What started out GREAT started to look a bit BAD but eventually i got things back together and am back to scratch.

This is a 17K breakeven week. It's not the best result obviously and i really wish i knew why my game switches gears from time to time.

Im going to be putting in more hands and i still have untill the end of the month to see where this goes. I was hoping to have amazing results,especially after i started off so beautifull but hey!, Nothing is as easy as it may appear.

this is what i have so far people: real results. every single 5NL hand ive played from the beginning of the thread untill today.

In a few words, it seems as though the limit is harder than i thought, but im going to be on my A-game and stop being spewy when i meet resistance and keep grinding.

I'll post a few hands of "me being spewy" that i find and you''ll understand that the limit is beatable if you can avoid making tilt related mistakes.

It's pretty obvious when you see my "went to showdown and won" stat that im a station. Or overaggro but i should try to see less rivers with second or third best hands. Will be working on that.

Ihave to find the "magic formula" that i used during the first 900 hands of this graph ;)

ScreenHunter 31 Jul 08 1626

ScreenHunter 29 Jul 08 1610

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a little example of my" definition of being spewy.

Take this hand, MULTIPLY it by 100 and you will figure out the definition of me playing on tilt.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($5)
MP ($4.75)
CO ($8.47)
Hero (Button) ($6.88)
SB ($5)
BB ($6.32)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif

3 folds, Hero bets $0.16, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.34

Flop: ($1.02) 8
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.42, BB raises to $2.24, Hero raises to $6.38 (All-In), BB calls $3.58 (All-In)

Turn: ($12.66) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($12.66) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $12.66 | Rake: $0.53

Results below:
Hero had 9
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif
(two pair, nines and eights).
BB had 10
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
(two pair, tens and sevens).
Outcome: BB won $12.13

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a little example of my" definition of being spewy.

Take this hand, MULTIPLY it by 100 and you will figure out the definition of me playing on tilt.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($5)
MP ($4.75)
CO ($8.47)
Hero (Button) ($6.88)
SB ($5)
BB ($6.32)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif

3 folds, Hero bets $0.16, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.34

Flop: ($1.02) 8
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.42, BB raises to $2.24, Hero raises to $6.38 (All-In), BB calls $3.58 (All-In)

Turn: ($12.66) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($12.66) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $12.66 | Rake: $0.53

Results below:
Hero had 9
heart.gif
, 8
diamond.gif
(two pair, nines and eights).
BB had 10
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
(two pair, tens and sevens).
Outcome: BB won $12.13

you're going to let tilt spew spoil your game man, put a ****in lid on it.....or if you must lose the heed then drop to 2nl and go all in with ATC for 1 hand then close stars if you win or lose :)

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is, you need to fold PF. Now he goes for a x/r otf as PFR. You have no FE with your TP+GS, so again, fold. Yes it's spew, so just cut it out.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the looks of it vinyl; you're being way to aggressive for this limit. Remember, people don't fold...that hand you posted and realize yourself is spew is something you really need to stop now. Play a solid game; not marginal hands to stack of with someone who clearly has you beat by this point. You lost a buy-in completely unnecessarily, if you do this regularly; like once a day..that's a whole 30buy-ins nearly a month..and when you consider, you could be playing 10nl by the end of the month or be break even / losing ..decide what you want just by having a spewing once per day it's seriously going to hurt your winrate.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the looks of it vinyl; you're being way to aggressive for this limit. Remember, people don't fold...that hand you posted and realize yourself is spew is something you really need to stop now. Play a solid game; not marginal stacks to someone who clearly has you beat by this point. You lost a buy-in completely unnecessarily, if you do this regularly; like once a day..that's a whole 30buy-ins nearly a month..and when you consider, you could be playing 10nl by the end of the month or be break even / losing ..decide what you want just by having a spew a hand a day or two you're just wasting all the effort and time you're putting in.

I agree ram. and thats why i posted it. did you see the graph at the end of page 2?