****Vinylspiros smashEMup@5NL***thread

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im pretty sure the limit is easily beatable and ,its pretty obvious that you can win it consistently but apparently i have some holes in my game that i am looking to fix. But in order to fix them i must first find out what they are. Thats the hardest part. Realizing and fixing your weaknesses.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 - QQ Don't raise the flop, just call.

Hand 2 - AK - fine

Hand 3 - T9o Fold pre. Definitely a leak calling hands like this in the blinds. The flop donk is bad, calling the raise is worse. (Although you said you knew this, just seems like a spew of a buyin! )

Hand 4 - JQo, even from blinds this isn't gonna be great. Just fold pre or 3bet. Again, you donk lead? What's going on with the donk bets?

Good luck, but you deffo need to stop calling so wide in the blinds and for sure stop the donk betting.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 - QQ Don't raise the flop, just call.

Hand 2 - AK - fine

Hand 3 - T9o Fold pre. Definitely a leak calling hands like this in the blinds. The flop donk is bad, calling the raise is worse. (Although you said you knew this, just seems like a spew of a buyin! )

Hand 4 - JQo, even from blinds this isn't gonna be great. Just fold pre or 3bet. Again, you donk lead? What's going on with the donk bets?

Good luck, but you deffo need to stop calling so wide in the blinds and for sure stop the donk betting.

Your right about the hands and also the donk betting is ridiculous. I have to stop that shit as soon as possible. I do it in order to protect my hand from a suck out but it is totally useless most of the time.

Talk about im gonna stop spewing. Look how bad i am: The only reason i even played it this way was because he had a 3bet of 22% and this leaded me to believe i could pull off a play like this. COMMENTS PLEASE.

villain is running 31/25/1.5 with 22% 3bet over 35 hands?(too small of a sample to get any reads?

thing is i thought if he 3bets so much he cant have the nuts here,so i decided to represent the nuts as if i actually had them (AA)AK etc.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($5.28)
Hero (UTG) ($5.88)
MP ($5.01)
CO ($19.80)
Button ($5.25)
SB ($5.54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif

Hero bets $0.15, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.92) 4
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.92) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

River: ($3.52) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $4.13 (All-In), BB calls $3.53 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.58 | Rake: $0.44

Results below:
BB had Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Hero had 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(high card, Ace).
Outcome: BB won $10.14

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ditto rams comments on the 4 hands above.

QQ, IDK what kind of player he is. Vs some, I am happy GII here, but dont like the c/r OTF. c/c is good, or leading yourself, but this is gonna be player dependent.

AK, fine

9T and JQ, again, stats on player as to why you call and donk OOP, but I dont play much OOP unless I have a plan. I dont often have one, either not enough info, or just simply I dont like calling marginal hands OOP. 3 bet or fold in most cases. And 3 bet with these hands if you think you get folds enough, and some calls. You are folding to 4 bets in any case, so folding is defo legitimate.

Hand above, 56o, why are you raising this UTG? Thats first. Second, and prolly more important, WHY are you calling a 3 bet here?

OK, you want to rep the nutz, you are spewing here. Your hand is trash, and dont try to be a superstar (another way of saying FPS has no place in 100bb micro games....IMO at least)

Fold pre. eazy game.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ditto rams comments on the 4 hands above.

QQ, IDK what kind of player he is. Vs some, I am happy GII here, but dont like the c/r OTF. c/c is good, or leading yourself, but this is gonna be player dependent.

AK, fine

9T and JQ, again, stats on player as to why you call and donk OOP, but I dont play much OOP unless I have a plan. I dont often have one, either not enough info, or just simply I dont like calling marginal hands OOP. 3 bet or fold in most cases. And 3 bet with these hands if you think you get folds enough, and some calls. You are folding to 4 bets in any case, so folding is defo legitimate.

Hand above, 56o, why are you raising this UTG? Thats first. Second, and prolly more important, WHY are you calling a 3 bet here?

OK, you want to rep the nutz, you are spewing here. Your hand is trash, and dont try to be a superstar (another way of saying FPS has no place in 100bb micro games....IMO at least)

Fold pre. eazy game.

your right. and thank you for the opinion. i needed that cause thats the worst hand i ever played .ever.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand to show how bad they are at this limit . villain is running 41/21/2.8 over 80 hands fold to cbet 67%(if im not mistaken)

On the flop i dont see any hand that he will be reraising so i automatically put him on a bluff.not even a draw. just a bad bluff. His turn bet sizing is super bluffy so i thought on the turn its best shove based on my read.. Dont know if thats spewy. comments?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($6.25)
MP ($6.26)
Button ($2.88)
Hero (SB) ($6.77)
BB ($3.97)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3
club.gif
, A
club.gif

3 folds, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.24) 9
club.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.55, Hero calls $0.39

Turn: ($1.34) Q
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.95, Hero raises to $4.44, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.24 | Rake: $0.13

Results below:
Hero had 3
club.gif
, A
club.gif
Outcome: $3.24 returned to Hero
Well a 41/21 could have all sorts of 9x here after flatting SB raise IP, but he also looks reasonably aggro posflop, and since someone seeing flops that wide misses the flop too frequently to have something here most of the time, aejones theorem applies. :p

That said I would peel rather than raise. By raising you're folding out his total air so that he only calls with better. Unless he can fold a 3 or a weak Q to turn raise, raising is bad.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well a 41/21 could have all sorts of 9x here after flatting SB raise IP, but he also looks reasonably aggro posflop, and since someone seeing flops that wide misses the flop too frequently to have something here most of the time, aejones theorem applies. :p

That said I would peel rather than raise. By raising you're folding out his total air so that he only calls with better. Unless he can fold a 3 or a weak Q to turn raise, raising is bad.

Agreed Alexei. thats for sure .raising here is not good for any possible reason except hand protection and hand protection is usually not EV+

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($5.28)
Hero (UTG) ($5.88)
MP ($5.01)
CO ($19.80)
Button ($5.25)
SB ($5.54)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif

Hero bets $0.15, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.45, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.92) 4
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.92) 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

River: ($3.52) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $4.13 (All-In), BB calls $3.53 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.58 | Rake: $0.44

Results below:
BB had Q
spade.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Hero had 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
(high card, Ace).
Outcome: BB won $10.14

If you have someone 3betting wide; then you really need to tighten up your opening range. Given we have 56o; his 3betting range is always gonna have more equity than us no matter what he's 3betting. I'm always nearly mucking 56o UTG on any table and especially at an aggressive.

Floating the flop with 6 high is really bad too; firing the turn with half bet vs this player is never going to work either and shoving the river doesn't change anything he was calling the turn with.

All in all; I don't like any of the line you took and it's quite spewy :(

Tone down the aggression, play a solid game and be selective over your hands. I don't think even vs the absolute maniacs we need to try getting creative with garbage hands when these players wont even fold any pair. He will likely give you action even when you do have a value hand rather than playing really high variance poker.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have someone 3betting wide; then you really need to tighten up your opening range. Given we have 56o; his 3betting range is always gonna have more equity than us no matter what he's 3betting. I'm always nearly mucking 56o UTG on any table and especially at an aggressive.

Floating the flop with 6 high is really bad too; firing the turn with half bet vs this player is never going to work either and shoving the river doesn't change anything he was calling the turn with.

All in all; I don't like any of the line you took and it's quite spewy :(

Tone down the aggression, play a solid game and be selective over your hands. I don't think even vs the absolute maniacs we need to try getting creative with garbage hands when these players wont even fold any pair. He will likely give you action even when you do have a value hand rather than playing really high variance poker.

RAm, another great post and wise piece of advice. thank you. Yes i will stop that kind of spewiness cause it's just wrong.

Once every blue moon the devil gets into me in certain hands vs certain villains and i cant help myself. But im not ever gonna spew like that again during this challenge.

Ram u have a thread going on now?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i woke up this mornng with a smile on my face and a fresh cup of coffee and fired up some tables . Was ready to be on my A-game and make a-lil money.

after 187 hands i was down almost 4 buy ins.

Take a look at how this morning 20 minute session went.

I dont think i could have avoided being stacked in any of these hands. ANY COMMENTS? (these hands happened almost back to back so i decided to shut it down cause i'm on a little tilt and come here and post them to share the coolers and take a little break)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

VILLAIN STATS: 11/9/6.0 OVER 132 HANDS (HES REAALY TIGHT,MAYBE I COULD HAVE FOUND A FOLD?)

UTG ($9.96)
MP ($2.81)
CO ($9.07)
Button ($4.93)
SB ($5.25)
Hero (BB) ($4.28)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
spade.gif
, Q
heart.gif

1 fold, MP calls $0.05, 1 fold, Button bets $0.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.57) 10
spade.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.37) 2
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05

River: ($3.47) 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $3.23 (All-In), Hero calls $2.58 (All-In)

Total pot: $8.63 | Rake: $0.36

Results below:
Button had K
club.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(two pair, Kings and twos).
Hero had A
spade.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(two pair, Queens and twos).
Outcome: Button won $8.27

VILLAIN STATS: 23/15/1.5 OVER 427 HANDS

Hero (UTG) ($6.16)
MP ($12.50)
CO ($8.22)
Button ($4.81)
SB ($5)
BB ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif

Hero bets $0.14, 1 fold, CO calls $0.14, Button calls $0.14, SB calls $0.12, BB calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.70) 2
diamond.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, CO raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.30, CO raises to $8.08 (All-In), SB calls $4.26 (All-In), Hero calls $2.72 (All-In)

Turn: ($17.60) 4
spade.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($17.60) 3
diamond.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $17.60 | Rake: $0.73

Results below:
SB had 8
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(high card, nine).
Hero had K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
CO had 2
spade.gif
, 2
club.gif
(three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: CO won $16.87

VILLAIN STATS: 29/23/2.3 OVER 154 HANDS

CO ($5)
Button ($8.44)
Hero (SB) ($4.90)
BB ($2)
UTG ($14.88)
MP ($5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif

2 folds, CO bets $0.15, Button calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.46, 1 fold, CO calls $0.31, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.12) 5
diamond.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.82, CO calls $0.82

Turn: ($2.76) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.30, Hero raises to $3.62 (All-In), CO calls $2.32

River: ($10) 4
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10 | Rake: $0.42

Results below:
Hero had J
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(one pair, Jacks).
CO had 2
spade.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: CO won $9.58

OH WELL....... it is what it is, ill just keep playing now that i posted this BS.:p

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could've avoided getting stacked in all those hands.

H1 - easy fold OTR, a super tight player isn't shoving worse than TPTK there.

H2 - You're raise to $3.30 is way too big imo, it commits you and with so many players calling pre sets are pretty likely, make it $1.60 then fold if he shoves

H3 - B/f on the turn is best I think.

In my experience, if you play in the morning there is a massive lack of fish and villains generally aren't stacking off with anything less than top 2 pair.

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you could've avoided getting stacked in all those hands.

H1 - easy fold OTR, a super tight player isn't shoving worse than TPTK there.

H2 - You're raise to $3.30 is way too big imo, it commits you and with so many players calling pre sets are pretty likely, make it $1.60 then fold if he shoves

H3 - B/f on the turn is best I think.

In my experience, if you play in the morning there is a massive lack of fish and villains generally aren't stacking off with anything less than top 2 pair.

Wow.MM, i see what you mean. Good points. I think i went a bit overboard but usually TPTK and Overpairs are good. I rarely fold this hands because they are just too strong.

Question: when you bet big and villain goes over the top and you have an overpair to the board with no flush or straight possibilities ,do you let it go ? Or is it strictly villain dependant?

p.s: the 3.30 reraise on the turn vs 2 villains was because the board was draw heavy and wanted to GII while i was ahead. was for value but i guess took my ass to value town again.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the regs, especially the nittier regs, TPTK and over-pairs are usually not good though. They are setmining like anything and this is exactly the kind of setup they wait for. I constantly have to tell myself "it's just a pair" when playing overpairs postflop.

In answer to your question, if I think they are semi-decent then yes I generally let it go. If they are a fish, then probably not.

Looking back at H3, he is a tool for calling your 3bet to set-mine so you could make the 3bet bigger esp. as you are OOP

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 vs the ubernit, you probs ought to find a fold otr. I mean, he's not even doing that with TPTK himself right? In fact I'm impressed he didn't check one street for 'pot control' even with the overpair lol

Hand 2 bet flop bigger! After that it's close, but... meh.

Hand 3 nice flop bet, but what are you doing turning your hand into a bluff ott? Turn is almost a x/f unless he's a total tard. It's an awkward spot for sure. I think I bet half pot and take a river showdown, and fold to any other action.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

VILLAIN STATS: 23/15/1.5 OVER 427 HANDS

Hero (UTG) ($6.16)
MP ($12.50)
CO ($8.22)
Button ($4.81)
SB ($5)
BB ($2.26)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif

Hero bets $0.14, 1 fold, CO calls $0.14, Button calls $0.14, SB calls $0.12, BB calls $0.09

Flop: ($0.70) 2
diamond.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, CO raises to $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $3.30, CO raises to $8.08 (All-In), SB calls $4.26 (All-In), Hero calls $2.72 (All-In)

Turn: ($17.60) 4
spade.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($17.60) 3
diamond.gif
(3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $17.60 | Rake: $0.73

Results below:
SB had 8
heart.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(high card, nine).
Hero had K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(one pair, Kings).
CO had 2
spade.gif
, 2
club.gif
(three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: CO won $16.87

this always happens to me, i bet otf with my overpair then some dick re raises......they always have the set....haha just fold, i know its hard..usually laps that do it and when they do ya GTFO....

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 - Given how tight this guy is; and how he played flop/turn river. I really would fold the river which might seem difficult, but at best you're chopping. He never takes this line with AK and before I clicked spoiler; I thought he had a set or AA/KK minimum.

For what it's worth, I think you played fine pre flop, flop and the turn. His river pot bet is always for value though, so try and think of the range of hands you think he's doing this with.

Hand 2 - Bet way bigger on the flop. It's multiway and your over pair is actually quite vulnerable given we have 3 in the pot. As difficult as this might sound, when you're faced with a raise and then a SB flat, I really don't like KK here. Sure it might be difficult to fold, but I'm never really happy stacking off here given the action. I think we're going to see sets/two pairs and "maybe" some bluffs with draws but in general..it's kinda a horrible spot to be in.

If we was up against one player, I don't mind stacking off..it's the fact we have so much action from 2 players thats the problem here.

Hand 3 - Good 3bet pre with JJ, I like it given how aggro villain is. I don't mind you check shoving the turn btw given we have a diamond draw. Bet/calling might be fine too, but I don't think check/shove is really bad either. I think you played JJ well here personally unlucky.

All in all; I think you could get away from hand 1 and even hand 2 which might be difficult. Hand 3 like I say, I think thats fine.

Keep grinding, you're playing your hands better :)

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see most people think JJ we should be folding.

Maybe I'm wrong but do you not think we beat a ton of 1 pair hands which have draws too who are happy to get it in?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see most people think JJ we should be folding.

Maybe I'm wrong but do you not think we beat a ton of 1 pair hands which have draws too who are happy to get it in?

Which is why I prefer a b/f or a x/f, but I'm not overly keen on the x/r. TBH though, looking at it again, it's an awkward spot, and maybe closer than I originally thought too.

When you getting a vid up my man? We need to see all the other crazy action too :D

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 vs the ubernit, you probs ought to find a fold otr. I mean, he's not even doing that with TPTK himself right? In fact I'm impressed he didn't check one street for 'pot control' even with the overpair lol

Hand 2 bet flop bigger! After that it's close, but... meh.

Hand 3 nice flop bet, but what are you doing turning your hand into a bluff ott? Turn is almost a x/f unless he's a total tard. It's an awkward spot for sure. I think I bet half pot and take a river showdown, and fold to any other action.

I seem to think hand 2 is an easier fold than Hand 3? Obviously though you're more qualified I just think there are more combos of one pair + draws on hand 3 which we beat and often feel hand 2 we're always nearly up agaisnt two pair minimum here.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is why I prefer a b/f or a x/f, but I'm not overly keen on the x/r. TBH though, looking at it again, it's an awkward spot, and maybe closer than I originally thought too.

When you getting a vid up my man? We need to see all the other crazy action too :D

It feels kinda gross to bet/fold or even x/f in this spot though, given we have some extra equity with the diamond draw? Do you not think he could bluff/semi bluff with his Txd or 8xd draws given we checked and then feel he has to call the shove?

Really interesting hand imo.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2P? 75s? But yeah, again, it's probably a fold, all the combos of sets are there, plus combo draws, so we either almost dead or kinda flipping. I'm not happy to GII. The reason I said meh was because it's just another big pot with an overpair type hand. We need to see all those other ones :)

I think folding is fine in all these hands tbh, and I didn't realise that my initial response said anything different. When I say close, it's like, I've seen smaller overpairs/TPTK pull shit like that OTF with a drawy board 'protecting their hand', so when you start to consider those in with the draws it does become a little closer (KK hand).

And I'm not more qualified, you've seen enough brain farts from me to know better than that! lol

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It feels kinda gross to bet/fold or even x/f in this spot though, given we have some extra equity with the diamond draw? Do you not think he could bluff/semi bluff with his Txd or 8xd draws given we checked and then feel he has to call the shove?

Really interesting hand imo.
I agree, it's a super awkward spot. But I think we can rely on villain not bluffing turn here? Which is why I think we can do anything but x/r.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on hand 3,notice how i check shoved turn when the diamond came out. I represented the flush as well. Although i had the Jd for back up just in case the shit hit the fan and he had a hand like he did. In my opinion the play was good. i think he could have folded turn? or never? the flush made it on the turn and i check shoved. like whats stronger than that?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that he called pre and the flop with a range of hands. I also think that range of hands is probably not bluffing the turn, so by x/jamming we are effectively turning our hand into a bluff/gambol. If you're cool with that then fair enough.