*****Vinyl's GonnaCrushDAmicros 6max thread******

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a little 5NL this month just to kill time and was ready to crush but sometimes the game is soul crushing.

Check EV difference. almost 8 BI's under.

5nl

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Few examples:

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($4.93)
SB ($7.31)
Hero (BB) ($5)
UTG ($2.83)
MP ($5.05)
CO ($4.36)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.17, Button calls $0.17, SB raises to $0.73, Hero calls $0.68, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.80) 4
club.gif
, 8
heart.gif
, 2
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $6.58 (All-In), Hero calls $4.27 (All-In)

Turn: ($10.34) J
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.34) A
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.34 | Rake: $0.43

Results below:
SB had J
heart.gif
, J
club.gif
(three of a kind, Jacks).
Hero had Q
heart.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(one pair, Queens).
Outcome: SB won $9.91

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Button ($7.19)
SB ($4.88)
BB ($5.05)
UTG ($8.73)
MP ($11.61)
Hero (CO) ($5.27)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A
heart.gif
, K
spade.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.45, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.40, SB calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.85) K
diamond.gif
, A
diamond.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $3.48 (All-In), Hero calls $3.48

Turn: ($9.81) 2
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($9.81) J
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $9.81 | Rake: $0.41

Results below:
SB had 10
spade.gif
, Q
spade.gif
(straight, Ace high).
Hero had A
heart.gif
, K
spade.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings).
Outcome: SB won $9.40

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($5.02)
SB ($8.42)
Hero (BB) ($7.59)
UTG ($9.77)
MP ($5)
CO ($5.18)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
club.gif
, 9
club.gif

2 folds, CO calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.15) 10
club.gif
, 3
club.gif
, 4
club.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, CO raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $7.54 (All-In), CO calls $4.63 (All-In)

Turn: ($10.41) 5
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($10.41) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $10.41 | Rake: $0.43

Results below:
Hero had K
club.gif
, 9
club.gif
(flush, King high).
CO had 8
spade.gif
, A
club.gif
(flush, Ace high).
Outcome: CO won $9.98

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh boy, that was tough at the end of the session there. Unlucky bud.
The QQ and AK hands are particularly cruel.

I would probably have cold 4bet the QQ hand, its a standard squeeze spot for the SB he could be quite wide here. Calling worked this time but he got lucky,
but by calling you don't have the initiative and the hands in position are more likely to come along . I was expecting to see AK tbh with the A falling on the river. I don't understand his shove at all with JJ, he just isolates himself against better hands, does he think worse is calling?? He has a medium value hand and shoved blindly, rubbish.
QT is just the same, only better is calling a shove and there are loads of better hands out there just like yours.
You deserved their chips on those two hands.

With the flush hand, Id ask you normally what worse is calling the shove?. smaller flushes and sets is about it. Luckily he dumbly called it off with the nut flush draw. But I wouldn't and neither would any thinking player who knows he isn't getting the odds. Hell without too much invested I might even fold vulnerable sets of 3's and 4's to your massive over-shove on a monotone board like this. (It would have to be monotone for me to fold a set)
By shoving you are folding out a whole range of hands that he might call another min raise on the flop and a medium turn bet; hands like 88 with a club, all AT and KT hands and obviously all his AcX hands. As it was a limped pot there could also be a lot of 56 around, Think about his range as a whole and what you are looking to get value from, so I prefer a click back on the flop.

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for another well thought out reply/post fig. high quality stuff as usual.

The the AK hand and the QQ hand were brutal. I overcalled in the QQ hand to try and bring the other players along and act accordingly on non A/K high flops. Also if i hit a set id know what to do to get everyones money.

I dont see any merit in cold 4-betting the QQ as if he is actually just "squeezing" as you say (with air), i would be losing the standard c-bet minimum so i think in this spot with the action given ,flatting Queens here is fine.

In the K9 hand where the preflop action is wierd since its a limped pot, i pot it to try and build a pot early and i get 3bet which im thinking is someone with a set that will have a very hard time letting it go ORRRR someone with exactly the hand villain has.

Either way i played all these hands well, got my money in good and lost.

As you can see in the graph, these hands happend back to back which was very frustrating and i decided to turn it off.

Again thanks for the reply. Going to be playing some these days and will be posting anything interesting..

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going to be putting in a ton of volume today at 5NL. Saturday morning is the best time to get paid by recs. Hope it goes well.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
put in the first hour playing today and am up almost 6BI's.

No runbad so far.

Still trying to dig myself out of the hole that i posted yesterday.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ggggggggggggggggg

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($9.90)
SB ($18.02)
BB ($17.69)
Hero (UTG) ($10)
MP ($23.75)
CO ($38.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif

Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Button calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 9
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
, 7
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.70, Button calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.25) J
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.87, Button calls $1.87

River: ($5.99) 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.40, Hero raises to $7.08 (All-In)

........is this spew?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask what is the purpose of the shove? Value or getting a better hand to fold?
Difficult to see worse calling, K9 J9 maybe, he could be wide floating on the button and his bet sizing on the end is odd.
If he had KQ he might be going for thin value I suppose but he folds that to a shove.
He's giving you great odds to call so I'd just take them.
Difficult to see better folding if he calls your jam and flips over a set or T8 then yeah its spew when you could have just called and not have had to be good that often.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looked like his river bet sizing was a weak king. also i feel like my jam here ,given his river bet sizing, can look like a broken fd on my behalf and could get called by a weak king that i hope he has or 2 worse pairs or AK maybe?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually liked the check call... the shove i cant see getting better hands unless hes a total fish and hates life and calls even missing everything which does happen or also fish who get sticky or regs who show they are tilting. but often ur shoving into a set or straight which hurts

looks like villain put u on a busted draw and $1.40 looks lie hes desp for a crying call

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He had a set of 99's.i obviously jammed because i wanted value from kx.

Took myself to value town again. You live you learn.

Sidenote: 10 NL on stars is a sharkfest.

1 year ago the game was 5 times softer.

Im in awe of how less fish there are at the tables.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think categerizing players as sharks at 10NL is a stretch. If they were sharks they would be smashing the players above.

I think your better off using the term reg at this level. There are more regulars and a lot less recreational players.

Us as players we need to promote the game better and tell everyone how fun it is to play online and live etc and how anyone can win the game. The game attracted me because only a small amount of people master the game, i'm not here to beat it but I want to master the game... I want to be in that small % and feel special lol... we all have things that drive us.

So yeah I think the easy money is still there you just need to look differently rather than finding someone willing to put money in with middle or bottom pair. Or shoves any Ace.

Game is ever evolving so really the easy money is there, but you need to be ahead rather than falling behind. Work harder man and don't fear, make them fear you instead :)

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ur right. I was kidding. 10NL on stars is very easy. I cant stop winning. I wish people would stop giving me their money for no reason.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I see it perhaps if all levels were the same, it would make things much easier....

Wouldn't have to adapt at the level above haha and if u can master 2NL it means we can win at 200NL lol So makes it easier if you think about it? :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this hand just played out . good pot.

I think he overplayed his hand. Heck, i think i overplayed my hand but i hoped he had an overpair.

Looks like there are still alot of fish in the 10NL pool after all.

pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($18.59)
SB ($4)
BB ($10.69)
UTG ($10.17)
Hero (MP) ($24.17)
CO ($31.28)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5
diamond.gif
, 5
club.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) 6
diamond.gif
, 2
club.gif
, 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24

Turn: ($4.43) 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $2.83, Hero raises to $8.50, Button calls $5.67

River: ($21.43) 6
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $11.25, Button calls $7.95 (All-In)

Total pot: $37.33 | Rake: $1.50

Results below:
Button had K
heart.gif
, K
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and sixes).
Hero had 5
diamond.gif
, 5
club.gif
(straight, six high).
Outcome: Hero won $35.83

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice man... yeah games are still good and always s
will be...

just because ur game raises up a level or two doesnt mean everyone else thinks or plays at same level. when ur losing it always feels ur being out played and behind but thats why we analyze and find out what really went on.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice hand with the 55, deep as well yummy.
I mean what do you do with KK there though?. Its unlikely you have a set, even deep most players still fold their small pairs to a 3bet oop. But you are never check raising that turn with JJ TT. I'd be shaking my head not knowing what to do on that turn.
I suppose you could pot control the turn by checking but you are losing value against QQ JJ TT that are probably calling 3 streets on low card runouts. A bit sick really.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chrt

Grgrgr

Whats up boyz!!

Its been a while since i updated here. Mostly cause im not playing lately but yesterday i got the urge to start playing some zoom.

Playing 5NL and trying to crush . So far so good. put in 2K hands since yesterday and only managed to win 1BI mostly cause im running bad.

Playing solid tight poker. check it out.

Enjoy.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($5)
SB ($5)
Hero (BB) ($6.14)
UTG ($6.63)
MP ($4.01)
CO ($6.68)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6
diamond.gif
, K
diamond.gif

4 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, SB raises to $1.14, Hero raises to $1.98, SB calls $0.84

Flop: ($3.96) K
club.gif
, A
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $3.02 (All-In), Hero calls $2.52

Turn: ($10) 10
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($10) K
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10 | Rake: $0.42

Results below:
SB had 10
spade.gif
, 9
club.gif
(two pair, Aces and Kings).
Hero had 6
diamond.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(full house, Kings over Aces).
Outcome: Hero won $9.58

A

arod6893

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vinyl and Ace what do you both use to track those stats? Thinking about getting a HUD in the next few days as well

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use holdem manager 2. if you play poker regularly its a must-have.

A

arod6893

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a live grinder playing online now so yea I play regularly for sure. Not sure how I feel ahout getting a HUD yet but the tracker for stats I for sure want

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back Spiros, a pleasure to have you back around.

5betting with less than a min raise!??, with K6!?, without shoving, now that is novel.
Flat calling a 5bet oop with T9 is madness but he's priced in, he still got what he deserved.

I like the look of 24vpip/18pfr and 11% cbet for 6max zoom, good stats.

W$SD% 41 though is way too low, ergo You aren't winning enough at showdown (low blue line)
and 29 WTSD% is just a tad too high 24-28 is optimal.

This session was 2000 hands approx and you played roughly a quarter of your hands so 500 hands played.
You WTSD on 29% of your hands (145 hands)
1% is 5 hands so you probably got to SD 10-15 times more than you should have done in the session with weak hands.
I'd like to know if the big blue line losses are your shoves where you got called down or where you called it off.
Knowing your game I suspect the former.
If it is, then a few less triple barrels are probably in order. If they call a big flop and turn bet then you mostly want to be giving up with your air and weaker hands. It looks like its just costing you too much in the long run.
Hit me up on skype when you see me on and lets review this, I'm in semi retirement now and around alot more.

I also want to take my family to Greece next summer, I'd like some recommendations about where to stay. 7-8 of us in a 5 bedroom villa somewhere.
I've done Corfu, Zakynthos, Kephalonia and Lefkas in the past but I know you will know some great spots.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use pokertracker 4 arod.

and yeah it is nice your back vinyl :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back Spiros, a pleasure to have you back around.

5betting with less than a min raise!??, with K6!?, without shoving, now that is novel.
Flat calling a 5bet oop with T9 is madness but he's priced in, he still got what he deserved.

I like the look of 24vpip/18pfr and 11% cbet for 6max zoom, good stats.

W$SD% 41 though is way too low, ergo You aren't winning enough at showdown (low blue line)
and 29 WTSD% is just a tad too high 24-28 is optimal.

This session was 2000 hands approx and you played roughly a quarter of your hands so 500 hands played.
You WTSD on 29% of your hands (145 hands)
1% is 5 hands so you probably got to SD 10-15 times more than you should have done in the session with weak hands.
I'd like to know if the big blue line losses are your shoves where you got called down or where you called it off.
Knowing your game I suspect the former.
If it is, then a few less triple barrels are probably in order. If they call a big flop and turn bet then you mostly want to be giving up with your air and weaker hands. It looks like its just costing you too much in the long run.
Hit me up on skype when you see me on and lets review this, I'm in semi retirement now and around alot more.

I also want to take my family to Greece next summer, I'd like some recommendations about where to stay. 7-8 of us in a 5 bedroom villa somewhere.
I've done Corfu, Zakynthos, Kephalonia and Lefkas in the past but I know you will know some great spots.

Fig, thanks so much for the breakdown. Another quality reply. Really enjoyed reading it and was very informative. going to try and balance my wtsd and try not to look people up when i know im behind.

gonna check out what happend with the blue line. how do i filter it out to show exactly what happend with the blue line?

Will be talking to you on skype regarding the vacation tips. I can help you out for sure.

thanks again man. You have to be the best poster ever. seriously.