Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
showdown

Fig, thanks so much for the breakdown. Another quality reply. Really enjoyed reading it and was very informative. going to try and balance my wtsd and try not to look people up when i know im behind.
that's a really good idea!! (lol)

gonna check out what happend with the blue line. how do i filter it out to show exactly what happend with the blue line? The quickest way Click on Cash games, then more reports and scroll to the bottom of drop down where you should see showdown with two options.
. easy I was actually still in the tourny tab but its the same in the cash games tab.

Attachments

• showdown.JPG
    showdown.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 52
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
grinded some 10NL today. was fun. went well. felt like i was on A++ game esp since at one table at 10NL zoom i was sitting on a stack of 95$ which was pretty sick imho.

Take a look at these stats im running fig. THEY R really hillarious.

I honestly believe i can maintain a positive win-rate running 36/32 etc etc.

take a quick look at today's 10NL and check the winrate for my lolsmall sample. everythings in the green.even blue.

Ststststst

Gfgfgfgf

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was by far the toughest spot of the day. I feel like i made a good play here.

Thought's?

pokerstars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($90.25)
SB ($10.51)
BB ($10)
UTG ($19.12)
MP ($22.27)
CO ($10.82)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.05, 2 folds, MP calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25) 3
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $1.22, MP calls $1.22

Turn: ($4.69) A
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.55, MP raises to $6.30, Hero folds

Total pot: $9.79 | Rake: $0.44

Results below:
MP didn't show

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first thing required is stats man....

but i think you made a good laydown. Could be Ak hes playing like he may have a set or at least ak and doesnt want river.

you pretty much only beat a bluff.... cant put jt in his 3bet valling range oop... hard to see kq there as well.

so hes either doing this with ak or a set or bluff... reads important whether to shove or fold here.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ur right aces. Im gonna go dig em out and see what he had. I dont have many hands on the current 10 nl zoom pool yet though.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well today has been a great day at 10NL.

Kept on grinding and now daily 10NL graphs looking like this.

These nice results are keeping me motivated to keep on grinding. might be grinding till the end of the month to see how it goes.

WTSD and won is very low but if i keep on winning i dont see how it could be a problem.

thoughts fig?

Sttttttttt

Grrrrrr

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This just happened. Villain is a 30/25/2.5 and a big loser. lost like 40 bucks in the 100 hands i have on him.

I dont see what he plays this way so i went with my flop read. unlucky me.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($12.01)
SB ($5.47)
BB ($11.34)
UTG ($10.80)
MP ($11)
CO ($20.71)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 3
spade.gif
, 3
club.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, MP raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.70

Turn: ($7.95) J
diamond.gif
(2 players)
MP bets $7.20 (All-In), Hero calls $7.20

River: ($22.35) 3
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $22.35 | Rake: $1.01

Results below:
Hero had 7
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif
(full house, threes over fours).
MP had A
spade.gif
, J
club.gif
(full house, threes over Jacks).
Outcome: MP won $21.34

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Spiros
Fantastic winrate buddy, looks like the break has done you good.
With the AQ hand remember you are deep and you are loose so he will call MUCH wider with all sorts of hands. Personally with 2nd pair and no great chance of improving I might have checked the flop as it was rainbow. Apart from gutshots or open ended wirh JT it's just as hard for him to improve as us. If he has a king he isn't folding so we just mainly fold out his air or mid pairs we already beat.
Once you bet the flop and get called we improve, bet and get raised. At this point I think the fold is good. AK is favourite but JT especially suited will be there over 200bb deep so I think folding is probably right. There are a few chops and A3s as well but they might not raise.
74s I call with this hand on occasions in position and when I'm deep or there are at least 2 in the hand already. I mean ideally you want to hit a well concealed straight. Playing it for top pair value is dangerous here as there are a load of over pairs especially as he opened. You overplayed this one bud. Let it go pre and don't over commit to a pair of 4's. Smells a bit of overconfidence.
But hey still doing great, carry on man, these stats are the best way to play 6max zoom

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hear you fig. thanks man. overconfidence is spot on. but if u look at the hand ,my read was spot on. whats he raising that big on the flop with? esp when he doesnt c bet this board and there are alot of chances of me having the 3 or a set of 4's the way the hand played out.

it was just unlucky that he hit the jack on the turn.
anyhow, thanks for tips bud. gonna be putting in as much volume as possible and will be updating daily. hope i can run it up.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hear you fig. thanks man. overconfidence is spot on. but if u look at the hand ,my read was spot on. whats he raising that big on the flop with? esp when he doesnt c bet this board and there are alot of chances of me having the 3 or a set of 4's the way the hand played out.

it was just unlucky that he hit the jack on the turn.
anyhow, thanks for tips bud. gonna be putting in as much volume as possible and will be updating daily. hope i can run it up.

.... or he has 55+ and you put it in really bad... or 44 or 3x. this is a pretty poorly played hand both preflop and flop

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This just happened. Villain is a 30/25/2.5 and a big loser. lost like 40 bucks in the 100 hands i have on him.

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($12.01)
SB ($5.47)
BB ($11.34)
UTG ($10.80)
MP ($11)
CO ($20.71)

spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif

spade.gif
, 3
club.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.80, 1 fold, MP raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.70

diamond.gif
(2 players)

heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Results below:
Hero had 7
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif
MP had A
spade.gif
, J
club.gif

fold pre was first instinct... 3bet if u have an itch at least

2nd cringe was the flat on flop its a clear shove or fold here man

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your a touch more aggro than i remember lol... how did u manage to get the red line above the others.... u make me proud :) never done that before haha

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these stats are not representative of my game or anything. im just having some fun experimenting and seeing how it goes.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold pre was first instinct... 3bet if u have an itch at least

2nd cringe was the flat on flop its a clear shove or fold here man

^^^^ how is it a clear shove or fold if we think he is bluffing( as he was). I need to flat to look scarred and allow him to continue his unsuccessful bluff on the turn and at the same time look like i might be willing to fold. If i jam flop over his raise im only going to make him fold his bluffs,meaning im gonna lose value.

Get it? It's a clear flat or fold not shove or fold. Shoving is horrendous here IMO.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^ how is it a clear shove or fold if we think he is bluffing( as he was). I need to flat to look scarred and allow him to continue his unsuccessful bluff on the turn and at the same time look like i might be willing to fold. If i jam flop over his raise im only going to make him fold his bluffs,meaning im gonna lose value.

Get it? It's a clear flat or fold not shove or fold. Shoving is horrendous here IMO.

well i think the idea he was going for is to shut out their equity, eg making them fold 30% on the flop is pretty ideal if we think it will work. I agree with you thats its a call/call if we are somehow not allowed to just fold.

that said, flop is fold>>>>>>>>>>>>call>>shove

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the size of his check raise doesnt allow me to fold. It's way too high. Also the fact that over pairs always cbet when there are 2 callers on such a low flop (esp since he opened) hoping to get paid by at least one of the two players who has a pair.

This, in combination with the fact that he is a bad aggro like me was enough for me to be willing to GII with my garbage hand.

Also he has to be scarred of me having something here.

thats my thought process.

I don't expect everyone to agree nor do i advise this play as standard poker. but thanks for your feedback.

Much appreciated duggs.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok, why is a bigger x/r automatically weaker? logically it should be harder for us to call as we need to be correct more often (assuming the same range)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, just remember you wouldn't have got into that awkward spot if you had just folded preflop.
I think best was fold pre (a clear fav for me) and I prefer 3betting to flatting it against 1 opponent.
Then flatting it against 2 or more and not 3betting v more than 1.
I honestly don't know what's best to do on that flop but shoving doesn't seem right, we fold his air or iso ourselves against better.
Yeah his air has 30% equity but ergo we beat him 7 time out of 10.
I agree with Spiros that we want to let him bluff his air if we know the villain is just an aggro donk, he did just get lucky hitting one of his two overs this time.
If we call the flop its really making a decision to call down all the way.
I wondering what the guy would have done if he'd whiffed the turn.
The best way to deal with an aggro donk is to check and call and let him self destruct.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok, why is a bigger x/r automatically weaker? logically it should be harder for us to call as we need to be correct more often (assuming the same range)

Because if he wants to get paid(as his story supposedly narrates), he is going to raise to 2.50 or 3 maximum. 3.50$ is just trying to get a fold.

Also if he wants to get me to be pot committed he has plenty of time on later streets since all this action is going down on the flop.

That's why im not buying the 3.50$.

Again, my personal opinion. Why would someone with AA-KK here do anything than flat my flop (pot sized) bet or raise it just a little bit?

it doesnt make sense to me. . i think of what i would have done if i was him and it doesnt look believable.

I follow his mega big check raise flop line alot(always when bluffing)and have been on his end of the situation a few times so i know people running with his stats are capable of such plays.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hero (Button) ($12.01)
SB ($5.47)
BB ($11.34)
UTG ($10.80)
MP ($11)
CO ($20.71)

spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif

spade.gif
, 3
club.gif
, 4
heart.gif
(3 players)

diamond.gif
(2 players)

heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Results below:
Hero had 7
spade.gif
, 4
spade.gif
MP had A
spade.gif
, J
club.gif

First of all - hello!

The hand is just a clear fold on the flop. Especially in zoom. I'd understand, if this was at a final table of a certain tournament, where you have significant knowledge of your opponent and you could go on making moves, but zoom...

The format itself allows you to throw your garbage away easily and pick up hands that are way up there in equity and raw hand strength.

I mean, the idea itself is not bad, and you did put him on 2 overs, which is great, HOWEVER, you are doing this with 74... Out of all the possible hand combinations, this has to be in the top 10 of the worst starting hands.

Why not just fold this pre, catch the same guy in a different hand, when you have a better holding (the chances are - you will nearly regardless of what you have), and outplay him then?

Also, when you flat the flop raise, unless the turn is exactly a 4, you will not like anything that you see on the river, which makes the call on the turn even worse.

I don't know, though, I am much newer to the game than you are, but I definitely would have not played the hand PERIOD.

Keep up the grind, though! It appears that you are doing great!:icon_sant

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HEy IAN, thanks alot and your totally right.

Duggs is right and figaro is right.

Im not even trying to pretend my play here is correct. This hand is garbage iand should have been either 3 bet or folded pre.

Just talking about this particular bad hand and trying to squeeze juice out of a stone.

Thanks guys for your opinions. Thanks for still giving me your opinions ITT.

Looking forward to playing some more and analyzing some (better played hands) a it later.

I try to post the more bizarre spots that are interestng than posting the I had AA pre, i raised ,someone jammed and i called and lost etc etc..

you get the drift.....

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10NL started with a good 10BI upswing, then i went on a 12 BI downswing.

My aggression got the best of me . I lost 3-4 all ins on the flop with FD's and after that it was CRASH AND BURN. tilted like crazy and dropped 7-8 BI's in 20 minutes.

Anyhow managed to get my game together and am back in the green.

Going to post my monthly 10NL graph so far and then todays 10NL graph.

In todays graph you can see that im getting to showdown and winning much more. Trying to be a bit more balanced.

Got 5-6 days till the end of the month . Lets see how it goes.

Todays graph

And monthly graph. Loos like heart rate of someone in the ER.

Mmmoooo

Monthly

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow. dont even ask why. his raise to 70 cents preflop looked so fishy that he actually made me do it.

Button ($19.04)
SB ($17.21)
BB ($19.30)
UTG ($13)
Hero (MP) ($10.35)
CO ($10.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.70, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.70, SB raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.50) 10
club.gif
, J
heart.gif
, 7
club.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $2.62, Hero calls $2.62

Turn: ($10.74) 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $5.13, Hero calls $5.03 (All-In)

River: ($20.80) 9
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.80 | Rake: $0.94

Results below:
SB had A
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(one pair, tens).
Hero had 5
heart.gif