Is there a secret science behind multi tabling successfully?

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And the lol's just keep coming.

Especially having to be told that an option to auto re-buy exists. "Watching my stack go down" .... and not knowing that the game is run by a software, that has options?

LMAO.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to walk before you can run. Not many people can afford to jump straight into NL1000 online and expect to crush it. You HAVE to start at the bottom and prove to yourself that you can actually beat each level before moving up a level and repeating the process. It's not rocket science or anything, more like common sense which I feel you maybe lacking somewhat

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys. Appreciate, all the information and comments.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard a few good mult-tablers state that you have to slowly build your way up to it. You also need to be 'in the zone'. You need to have that perfect sense you have have 1 tabling. If it's broken, you're going to lose a lot of information.

R

ResNonVerbra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It baffles me how some

I'm wondering how in the hell there are players that are able to multi table successfully. Especially if they are playing 25 NL.

I've noticed that my focus is off and my decision making takes a big hit the moment I set up two tables. It's as if I just run the decision through my head quickly then make some bogus call or some foolish play. I'm also unable to concentrate on a players tendencies or pick up a good read or have an idea of what the other player is doing or has.

When I play on one single table I can play at my own pace and am not in a rush.. The moment I seem to add a table I'm all-in all a sudden and watching my stack go down. What is the secret to being a good multi table player if there is any.

From what my book says "Treat your Poker Like a Business" By: Dusty Schmidt. He says you should always be constantly adding one table at a time. I can't even imagine doing this otherwise I'll be broke quick.

Thoughts on how to multi table successfully?

play 20 plus tables, 4 tables is my limit where i feel relaxed. when i try 6 and 8 I find it annoying

C

Cupcakehk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
device

I find the device you are using makes a big difference. If I were to use my ipad it would be annoying and hard to keep track.

However if I used my laptop I would be able to connect my monitor and extend my tables to monitor them better.

Also, finding a location to play comfortably is important.

I think I could not play more than 2-3 tables effectively.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were a lot of discussions about multi tabling...
Secret of success lies under the legs. If you can be profit with 3-5 cash tables, so why you should lose 10+ tables?
Problem is in game style, not tables number.
One decision everyone can make - be comfortable with tables as many as it can be opening on your monitor.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mass multi-tabled for many years (24 tables on Stars, the max). It is definitely not something that you learn to do overnight. Streamlining your decision making process, good table layout and software aids are all necessary.

I wrote an in depth article about how to play more poker tables recently on my blog: http://www.blackrain79.com/2015/12/how-to-play-more-online-poker-tables.html

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stikc to your on tactical game play, play exactly how you owuld playon a single table only play cards you usually play, if your playing with a big roll on mico table maybe open your range a bit but other wise play tight and strick only hen the iron is hot

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paying no attention to the table it self ( i mean the other players ) , just on the hand strenght is the only way I am able to do it. But ofcourse that is a lot less profitable then playing just at one table.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been dabbling in 2 tabling Zone poker ($25NL 6 max) on Bovada. (the max for that game mode table wise). A lot of people say that each Zone table is roughly equivalent to playing 3-4 tables at once due to speed of hands. For me it's been a good way to get comfortable with profitable multi table play but due to the speed the variance seems quite a bit higher.

I find when I'm in the "zone" so to speak it just flows and I feel like good decisions are effortlessly made, almost this kind of zen of poker type thought process. But if I get distracted or make a really bad play the wheels can fall off quick so you have to be mindful of the flow of the game and your thoughts, mood, focus, distractions.

But for a long time I'd multi table on other sites and lose but over time lost less and less until I was able to start winning a small profit.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering how in the hell there are players that are able to multi table successfully.

I've noticed that my focus is off and my decision making takes a big hit the moment I set up two tables. It's as if I just run the decision through my head quickly then make some bogus call or some foolish play. I'm also unable to concentrate on a players tendencies or pick up a good read or have an idea of what the other player is doing or has.

Thoughts on how to multi table successfully?

Your book is good for VC paper.

Here is a free advice:
If you want to play good at 6 cash tables - then practice for a month at 12 play money tables, when you'll step down to 6 tables after 30 days - you will find out that game process at 6 tables is very easy after 12 tables, and you can move on to real money.

Another advice: Forget about "reads" in online poker, 90-95% of players simulate their behavior at the tables, you can not read anyone because you can not see the person, the face, the mimics, you can not speak to the target. Just play tight at 10+ tables and fold all the trash hands like suited connectors under KQ, you will love the results!
You can pay me 1% of your winnings for the second advice after first month of gambling this way at 6-12 tables. Just throw me a PM :D

G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need to have solid play and great awareness.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
multitabling starts at low tables, go up according to your level of knowledge and u will know the secret of increase profits with many tables in less time

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you "The Real Blackrain79". ? I have heard of you I believe.

Haha, thank you for making my day sir. Yes, I am the real one. Don't listen to all the fake BlackRain79s out there!!! :D

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha, thank you for making my day sir. Yes, I am the real one. Don't listen to all the fake BlackRain79s out there!!! :D

What was that old TV show where they had 3 people, one was who he/ she said, the other 2 were imposters and the candidates asked questions and tried to figure out who was the "real" one.

Candidate 1 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

Candidate 2 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

Candidate 3 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What was that old TV show where they had 3 people, one was who he/ she said, the other 2 were imposters and the candidates asked questions and tried to figure out who was the "real" one.

Candidate 1 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

Candidate 2 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

Candidate 3 "Hi. I am BlackRain79 and I am a poker pro."

"To Tell The Truth"