Is there a secret science behind multi tabling successfully?

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like OP has got to get his mental game in check. Some are naturals, some take years to get to a level where they take emotion out of the equation from hand to hand. But without even a` basic level of tilt control and mental fortitude in this game, you're sunk. Especially online. Check the ego at the digital door, and if you've never really played online START at the bottom (even if it's just to test the waters, get used to online play/software, and get some basic skillsets down that you might not know you need online).

On a lighter note as a online only player who is going to take a stab for the first time at live 1/2 soon, does OPs experience going from live to online mean I'll have an inverse experience and go from average to god like in one session? Or should I just smash the poker table when I lose and pretend it's the table's fault for not supporting the massive ego I should've checked at the door? ;)

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a lighter note as a online only player who is going to take a stab for the first time at live 1/2 soon, does OPs experience going from live to online mean I'll have an inverse experience and go from average to god like in one session? Or should I just smash the poker table when I lose and pretend it's the table's fault for not supporting the massive ego I should've checked at the door? ;)
There's going to be a lot of important differences. People will be more passive, so you can fold to most action post-flop if you don't have a monster. You can limp more speculative hands and see a cheap flop. If you do have big cards and want to raise/open-raise, then make it at least double the size you would online, or postflop will not be heads-up or three-way.

I'm sure others can give more and better pointers.

D

danielto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack is preferable for multi (for me).It's formulaic and requires little thought.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must hate money.
Or he just has way too much money. And you know the saying "Mo' money, mo' problems."

Maybe Marginal is trying to reduce his problems by separating from some of his money?

P

Primo2183

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Really

Im sure everything discussed above has helped you out so I will also take a stab and say there are many players that do this and go both ways. Either tournament style or the fast paced hand for hand cash games. You can check a lot of them out on twitch if it hasnt been mentioned above. Most you can watch and some will actually explain some of their quick decisions. Hope this helps!

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's going to be a lot of important differences. People will be more passive, so you can fold to most action post-flop if you don't have a monster. You can limp more speculative hands and see a cheap flop. If you do have big cards and want to raise/open-raise, then make it at least double the size you would online, or postflop will not be heads-up or three-way.

I'm sure others can give more and better pointers.

Nice thanks, this seems like solid advice.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are better than the majority of the other players
If you are not playing so many tables you miss information
Solid mental game

= Long term multi table winning

Edit, note some people can play 2 tables yet miss information, some people can play 10 tables and pretty much still take in all they need by osmosis.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or he just has way too much money. And you know the saying "Mo' money, mo' problems."

Maybe Marginal is trying to reduce his problems by separating from some of his money?

You guys aren't seeing the potential

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, where I'm at with Poker.

These are pictures of my current profit from live Poker. I have been out of control the past 2 weeks. Just not caring exhausted and not playing up to my level. I have learned a HUGEEEEEEEEE AMOUNT THESE PAST 2 MONTHS OMG. I am practically ready to CRUSH live. I will give it my best. And if my best is not good enough, then I will try even better then my best. What I have learned over these past 2 months is incredible. I have so many flaws in my game from tilt, anger issues, and not controlling the hours and amount of money I am playing with. Here are some pictures of where I am at atm.

One thing I have learned about Poker is intuition, focus, relying off gut-instinct is 100x stronger then any amount of math or "guessing" is. Anyway here is my stats. My intuition is correct about 85% of the time. Just imagine if I relied off of that in every play??? Basically listening to that little voice in the back of your head is the best thing to do.

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm at like.....3857$ in profit

Attachments

• IMAG0559.jpg
    IMAG0559.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0556.jpg
    IMAG0556.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0558.jpg
    IMAG0558.jpg
    941.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0555.jpg
    IMAG0555.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had many days where I cleared 500 plus dollars. (Cash) I was prepared.

Overall, I'm at 23 days profit. And 12 days of losing.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll give you one thing:

After reading all your post, checking out your paper graphs, and all the 'lols' said by you and other members...

You really make me want to grind 200NL at the local card room here. I don't have the BR you do, so it might be a while before I can...but, yeah...you're an inspiration.

Maybe I'll even keep my own graph, too.

J

Jreece18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll give you one thing:

After reading all your post, checking out your paper graphs, and all the 'lols' said by you and other members...

You really make me want to grind 200NL at the local card room here. I don't have the BR you do, so it might be a while before I can...but, yeah...you're an inspiration.

Maybe I'll even keep my own graph, too.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm considering having a shot at it while I'm home for the easter break haha.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rejects all advice.
Insults those who gave it.
Claims he's learned so much.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One thing I have learned about Poker is intuition, focus, relying off gut-instinct is 100x stronger then any amount of math or "guessing" is. Anyway here is my stats. My intuition is correct about 85% of the time. Just imagine if I relied off of that in every play??? Basically listening to that little voice in the back of your head is the best thing to do.

Did you just say math in poker is equivalent to 'guessing?' Or am I just reading this wrong?

Also how did you determine your intuition is correct 85% of the time?

----
You didn't just guess and call it math to figure it out did you? JK :p

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played up to six tables, but it gets more difficult with any more. I found that 4 tables was my best level. It is all about playing your cards and not trying to outplay opponents postflop. Raise when you think you're ahead and fold when you think you are behind.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm wondering how in the hell there are players that are able to multi table successfully. Especially if they are playing 25 NL.

I've noticed that my focus is off and my decision making takes a big hit the moment I set up two tables. It's as if I just run the decision through my head quickly then make some bogus call or some foolish play. I'm also unable to concentrate on a players tendencies or pick up a good read or have an idea of what the other player is doing or has.

When I play on one single table I can play at my own pace and am not in a rush.. The moment I seem to add a table I'm all-in all a sudden and watching my stack go down. What is the secret to being a good multi table player if there is any.

From what my book says "Treat your Poker Like a Business" By: Dusty Schmidt. He says you should always be constantly adding one table at a time. I can't even imagine doing this otherwise I'll be broke quick.

Thoughts on how to multi table successfully?

All we know what is good or bad for our lives. When we asked some advice is because we need of the acceptance about something or someone about what is right or wrong. Advice, sometimes they help. However, the solution to our problems is in our hands. Our spirit, who is walking, knows when divert without harm our walking.

Besides, we know that, at the end of the road, no one will answer for us. Let's search follow our spirit. We can ask help and our spiritual friends to that we can choose the right, but the last word will always be ours.

Thanks for your question!

Rejects all advice.
Insults those who gave it.
Claims he's learned so much.

Rejects all advice? Wait, very calm. Be careful with what you say because words have too much power. ;)

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To any newcomers trying to improve at poker: Aaron is right. It's all intuition. Don't bother with the math stuff.

See you at the tables.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level