MY STORY: Got 525$ left i´m going to try, if i fail i´ll quit poker for good

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not going to make a quick buck off poker and if there's other things going on then you're not going to be able to properly study/concentrate/play well.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually when i won that 5000$ over the course of my career it didn´t mean as much as the money would do now, many things is happening right now so i am having a hard time. Therfore i wanna win some money at poker and get better so i can live off it.

OP,

You are not going to go from where you are now to a professional level player over night and start printing money. If you are having real life money problems fix them and then come back to poker. Poker isn't going to be the answer for you right now IMO.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP,

You are not going to go from where you are now to a professional level player over night and start printing money. If you are having real life money problems fix them and then come back to poker. Poker isn't going to be the answer for you right now IMO.

^^ this is great advice.

Make poker your hobby bro.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Youre playing outside of your limits. If the money is affecting your decisions then you need to play lower levels.
Great advice. When feelings get too much in the way, it's a sure recipe for losing.

RythmAndBlues, I have a question: You say you built 5000$ at a swedish poker site and then started playing at pokerstars. What's the name of that Swedish poker site (if I may ask)? And, why did you stop playing there if you were doing so good?

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My progress with the HUD !

1= started with HUD default settings
2= Started after mixing it up with my custom settings which went better !:D

What do you guys think ? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Amount Won in USD over Hands Played for ImTh£Game.jpg
    Amount Won in USD over Hands Played for ImTh£Game.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 79
acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is your vpip pfr over that sample??

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
19K hands already!! Bloody hell.

Post your stats by position...maybe we can spot some leaks

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i like hud
Well the HUD starts att around hand 10 000, the hands before is all without HUD
VPIP 21.65
PFR 18.72
The stats might be a little bit weird because i started playing with hud at around hand 10 000 and started a new play style

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH all you need is a chip and a chair. A good poker player can turn 0$ playing freerolls using good bankroll management skills into anything.

Perhaps your lacking noticing your leaks/maybe setting a stop loss point sooner rather then later. Also attempt to shorten up your sessions, and make sure you review every session no matter if it is a winning session or loosing session, you can always learn and you will be surprised when reviewing winning sessions how many mistakes you actually made and maybe next time you will notice how to maximize ev in those similar spots/ same goes for loosing sessions.

You do not have to review all hands obvcourse, but I find reviewing biggest pots won and biggest pots lost has always been a good strategy for me to improve when on a downswing.

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice. When feelings get too much in the way, it's a sure recipe for losing.

RythmAndBlues, I have a question: You say you built 5000$ at a swedish poker site and then started playing at PokerStars. What's the name of that Swedish poker site (if I may ask)? And, why did you stop playing there if you were doing so good?
SvenskaSpel, i haven´t really stopped i play there sometimes but you can´t become rich on that site, it´s to little players and stuffs actually, but i play there sometimes anyway because i know there´s money to bring.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PattyR 525$ means literally the world to me, 170$ means reaallly much for me,

xUnrated I think you´re right what would you suggest that i should play ? which limits or how many buyins ? thanks !

If 525$ means the world to you, cash out 90% of this and bank it at your local bank. and play with 52.50$ and play within your limits mate.

The only way you will be successful is if you approach the game as a job not a gamble.

Maybe read about variance and swings. Even the best players go on some insane massive downswings. TBH I don't think you should be playing anything above NL2 nL4 or Limit NL5 NL10 with 50-100$ bankroll until you understand and or grasp the concept of variance in poker bud.

G

gazrosenau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If 525$ means the world to you, cash out 90% of this and bank it at your local bank. and play with 52.50$ and play within your limits mate.

The only way you will be successful is if you approach the game as a job not a gamble.

Maybe read about variance and swings. Even the best players go on some insane massive downswings. TBH I don't think you should be playing anything above NL2 nL4 or Limit NL5 NL10 with 50-100$ bankroll until you understand and or grasp the concept of variance in poker bud.

i agree totally with this, and have gone back to doing this many times to keep my game and mind fresh

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play smaller stakes until you feel like your dominating than go back up that is why you are doing so badly.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play smaller stakes until you feel like your dominating than go back up that is why you are doing so badly.
Ohhh that's why - good thing there's no leaks in his game.