MY STORY: Got 525$ left i´m going to try, if i fail i´ll quit poker for good

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that is probably the worst advice I have seen yet..

agreed^

$500 is a helluva lot of money to me and definately a good starting point for a BR. Don't know why people give advice like that, ignore that shit OP.

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try doing the $1-10 Double up Sit and Go's they might give you more luck thats what I do and it works.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK mediablitz thanks for the reply !
Its a cool software, well how many hands do you guys think you have to play with someone to have as a sample so you can judge if their tight,loose,semiloose etc... ?
30VP is loose i know that kinda stuffs now, what is tight between... is that like less than 20 VP ?? Thanks !

EDIT. Found this.. do you guys think this seems right ?
< 14% is very tight.
14% - 23% is tight.
23% - 32% is semi-loose.
32% - 40% is loose.
40%+ is very loose.

1st off, there is a lot of good advice ITT, like the scared money comments. Be ready to get it in at the right time. If you are scared, you wont do this. Notice the words "right time". No special recipe for this, you just have to get to where you know. It aint easy. (and some sarcasm that others took serious and I really had to lol).

Be careful with your HUD. It gives you access to info you might have missed. But if you dont know what to do with this info, the HUD could potentially lose you money. Just cause someone is "loose" doesent mean you call his all in with your TT for example. This is oversimplified, but I just want to stress that a HUD does not do any thing for you. You still do all the work and decision making yourself. It collects data, and makes it easy for you to see that data fast. Thats it. If you utilize the data in the wrong way, you can still lose a lot.

I am not saying the HUD is bad, I just want you to take those stas and learn how to use them. Your stats above: A 23 VPIP is not tight at all. a 32 is not semi loose. But it also depends on hand sample size. In usually 15-20 hands - or less - you can start making assumptions. BUT be ready to adjust. A guy who plays 70/50 in the first 10 hands may just be getting good cards.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
agreed^

$500 is a helluva lot of money to me and definately a good starting point for a BR. Don't know why people give advice like that, ignore that shit OP.
LOL ^ $500 is piss all. :toilet: < couple freeroll wins or a couple weekends mowing the neighbours' lawns
Maybe alot for some who've never had a job & live with their mommies.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how exactly did you win the 5k op? i think this is somewhat relevant

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL ^ $500 is piss all. :toilet: < couple freeroll wins or a couple weekends mowing the neighbours' lawns

LOL, most ignorant thing i've heard in some time

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful with your HUD. It gives you access to info you might have missed. But if you dont know what to do with this info, the HUD could potentially lose you money. Just cause someone is "loose" doesent mean you call his all in with your TT for example. This is oversimplified, but I just want to stress that a HUD does not do any thing for you. You still do all the work and decision making yourself. It collects data, and makes it easy for you to see that data fast. Thats it. If you utilize the data in the wrong way, you can still lose a lot.

I am not saying the HUD is bad, I just want you to take those stas and learn how to use them. Your stats above: A 23 VPIP is not tight at all. a 32 is not semi loose. But it also depends on hand sample size. In usually 15-20 hands - or less - you can start making assumptions. BUT be ready to adjust. A guy who plays 70/50 in the first 10 hands may just be getting good cards.

This is a good post. The HUD is an incredibly useful tool, but as Fletchdad says, only if you use it properly. A simple HUD setup will be most useful at first (VPIP/PFR/3bet%/hands) and you can add more stats as you become more comfortable with it. That simple setup will allow to identify who is nit, LAG, TAG or loose passive (the fish :)) and make decisions based on that info. VPIP and PFR become meaningful pretty quickly...when you have ~50 hands on villain. 3bet% takes longer to converge, and you will need more hands before it is useful.

It's not all about the HUD - the software is also great for analyzing your OWN game, and identifying leaks.

Last edited:
Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a few $200 HU sng's & just go for it imo. Then at least you got a decent roll to play with when you win.

You serious, or just having a bad day?

R&B, play lower, way lower, and aim to improve your game... it's really that simple. IMO you should NOT play above 10NL for the time being. You need to be patient and work hard on your game.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that $170 meant the world to you.....than what does the $525 left mean to you?

On a serious note..if you want..i can PM you my name and you can ship your money to me as an investment?

Let me know.

DOH! A little rough there Patty? Nah, never mind ;)

Just remember dude, variance sucks.....

Well, I obviously posted the note above before I read the rest of the responses.... not so rough at all Patty considering the snarky crap that came later. Some of these guys are not portraying the typical CC attitude imho.

Last edited:
C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if things were going well on a swedish poker site then you might consider moving your roll back. pokerstars is gr8 if your looking to mass table the micro's but once you move out of the micro's stars is full of pro's. maybe they aren't all actually playing for a living but many have the skills to do it.

you just need to figure out what's your goal. if your goal is to beat the best then stick with a tough site like stars but if your goal is to make money then you should seek out the softest games.
online is tough, which is why i play live now. (well, one of the reasons)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You could have $525,000 and still keep losing.

First improve your skills then you will get more satisfaction.

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone for the advice, i appreciate it !
@poker orifice, please go away or something for trying to make me go broke
@duggs, i played many tournaments starting with 3$ (Keep in mind this wasn´t sngs)
I later moved up to 15$ tourneys and then played sattelites to get me in 100$ tourneys and sometime i just regged anyway if i had money, i won 1580$ once which is my biggest tourney win, and i have won plenty 300$ first places.
The site usually have like 30-90 players in the medium ones and maybe 150-400 in the bigger ones.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DOH! A little rough there Patty? Nah, never mind ;)

Just remember dude, variance sucks.....

Well, I obviously posted the note above before I read the rest of the responses.... not so rough at all Patty considering the snarky crap that came later. Some of these guys are not portraying the typical CC attitude imho.

No biggie bro :D We all know we got some douchers here at CC :cool:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I lose that much online in a day, I wait a day or two to play again. There are days when nothing works, you know it, the secret is not to be there that day.
But no, we sit there and take our beating.
I am suggesting getting back in the seat a few days later when the randomizer routine is not so evil on you.

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think take a break ... at least a week, better a month ... maybe even read some poker book ... not even so much to learn, but just to kinda reset yourself

come back refreshed and be wary of any signs that you are slipping again

and take to heart the other more tangible advice in the thread regarding BRM, etc.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP,

PattyR gave you great advice. Only thing I would change is I think that you should start at 2NL. I know that you are way over rolled for that limit but based on your previous threads and posts since you joined I honestly don't think that you have any idea how to beat cash games. That isn't said to be mean its just the truth.

Play enough at 2NL (or 5NL if you must) to learn how to beat bad players. No matter how much money you have you are not rolled for a stake if you have no idea how to beat the stake. Put in about 10K hands at 2NL check your stats and results. post questions on CC and only move up when you can actually beat the stake that you are playing at.

I'm basing my opinion on your play on this thread:https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/beat-higher-stakes-but-lose-lower-210918/ among others. You've got to walk before you can run.

Finally don't take PO to seriously. He's a good guy and a good player. He's just seen a lot of threads like this. We all have our rough days.

Good luck

xUnrated

xUnrated

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Ive seen a lot of your posts on here and some people are actually looking for advice and not smartass comments.

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know poker orfice but as xUnrated and smithGT says i agree, he acts like a real douchebag.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lmao

In all seriousness OP, if losing $170 means "the world" to you go get a job and play poker when you can afford to lose because judging by your post you're almost certainly -EV, despite your claimed $5k profit, no offense.

You lost 11 sng buyins. Some players play 3 times that many games in an hour. Do you see how insignificant that is?

R

RythmAndBlues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually when i won that 5000$ over the course of my career it didn´t mean as much as the money would do now, many things is happening right now so i am having a hard time. Therfore i wanna win some money at poker and get better so i can live off it.