Stop playing KJ in general?

B

Binraker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a great hand to play in position especially if suited. I play it aggressively with gunshots and/or flush draws. If you 3barrel, you’ll knock a lot of people off their 1pair hands unless it’s micro stakes or free roll.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not playing that hand, it's being decisive with any hand thinking that what you're doing is right, sometimes I let go QQ and JJ for the villains who play against me

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really cannot believe more people are agreeing that KJ is a hand that wouldn't be played (assuming it is not suited). I agree with a lot of other replies that it depends on position, if it's suited or not, etc. But note that KJs is part of the top 7% of all possible starting hands, while KJo is part of the top 12% of potential starting hands. While it isn't a hand to shove with or anything to inflate pots, it's not a hand to insta-fold regardless of your past experiences.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a problem hand for many reasons. I play it if I can see a flop cheap but don't hesitate to toss it if there is any pressure.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pairs are disabled which means if you hit them they are pretty good but just good enough to lose you a big pot since AK,AJ,KQ,KK,AA and their combinations dominate the f*ck out of this hand. I fold it especially early in tournament. Almost always fold it. It's called the "noob hand" in high roller tournament circles.

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it if I can see a flop cheap

So with equal stacks all around, and no information on your opponents.... you're on the button and it folds around to you. You look down at KJs. Would you just call then.... to "see a flop cheap"? :confused::confused::confused:

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I kinda like kj. Prob better odds than aj (someone will always play the Ax). A queen helps in the hand although, the hand does get sticky as the turn progresses. My sentiments are echoed there for sure.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personnaly I hate that hand in general. It’s my leaf favorite hand and I always tend to lose with it. Especically in an early position.