Small Bankroll is NL the right game?

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have started with a small bankroll about 50 dollars... Just wanted to see what would happen. Well obviously i lost my money playing mainly NL Texas Holdem :(! Well i want to buy back in but i am scared i will loose my bank roll again. I stared playing a couple of years ago with Hold'em the only game i knew how and grew a 10 bankroll into 1000 and stopped playing for a while. It seems to me that the NL game for lower limits is CRAZY! everyone calls. My question... to anyone who can help.. is would it be smarter for me to learn a game like Omaha or Stud really well and then buy back in with 100 and play limit games? I tend to over play hands in NL which can get me into trouble? Any Suggestions??

E

ELF-M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that playing S&G's at low limits like $1 & $2 seems to work out best. min ring games with a lot of loose agressive players were my only down fall, the way people raise hard w/ nothing one time, and the nuts the next, just makes low ring games tough if you are tight, agressive. the last time i tried them all i did was hold my own for 2 hrs and gained .40 since I play with freeroll money and S&G wins, I am ahead on S&G's and have only hurt my bank w/ ring. I haven't been playing long and first cashed in a FR in march. just sitting on about $30 but was up near $100 before trying the ring games. my mistake was thinking i could conqure them if i played them enough. @ $1&2 S&Gs and 1 180 $2 game my winings are over 100 in 42 games, adv gain $1+ per SnG and had a $50 something win on the 180 game. hope this helps in managing a low bank roll, seems to move up slow but I won't mess it up with ring this time. when i'm over $ 50 i might try a few 180's again. also on FTP Chris Ferguson has a formula for bank roll mgmt.
LOL ELF-M

E

ELF-M

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
also.. NL holdem only game I know never played poker till about 2 yrs ago on the Camel site. have been doing reading since Jan. didn't even know what pot odds were before then !!!

Top 10 Games Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management