Should we always cold 4 bet AA?

W

walleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the villian's postflop play. If the villian is the type who folds to the cbet then you won't get any additional money in the pot (unless you are beat).

L

LizardDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop with AA I'm looking to get my opponent to shove or call my 4bet for maximum value. I 4bet because I assume they have something that can't be folded easily like KK. It was obvious he had a top pair/possibly AK.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seem to have developed a preference. I just hate it more when slow playing ends up in losing value instead of losing value through aggression. I'll rather the latter happen but never the former. So not 4 betting AA still remains a rather troubling decision for me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find 4betting 20-25BB really works a treat... Regs think your weak and shove or they'll be happy to call it.

Makes it much easier to gii by later streets :)

Also think if people are always folding to you 4betting? Then why aren't you 4betting wider and really exploiting these guys. If everyone folds then you can ATC well not quite ATC but your cards are not important when you win with no showdown.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find whenever I try and trap in tournaments before I know it, i'm walking out the door shaking my head.

sandund

sandund

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, I totally bankrupt with my Ah-Ad vs As-5h vs Ac-5d. I was on BB and just called the preflop all in of two 'bingo' players. :rolleyes:

poker odds calculator

My AA hand = Win : 90.78%
Tie : 1.31%

Two other players together = Win : 1.30%
Tie : 6.62%

Board was 2,3,4,*,* - straight, and both of them got their bingo. :bird:

mitozgd

mitozgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends of situation, at least I think so.
I hate raising on anything if the table is full of player possible go all in.
But if you play 6 players table, sure.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your stats? If you have been aggressive, it is a definate 4 bets. I lean to a 4 bet any way. It does fold out almost all of the trsh, but they weren't calling from behind post flop anyway.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4bet is the better way,villain could sometimes setmining even with worse.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
replay

I perfer like 4 bet,becouse Idont like to many players in a hand,Im very angry whan i lose on asses,is bettter to protect hand.....

L

leandr0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. cold calling 3bet is kinda strong anyways
2. if you are out of position, or if you know that the original raisor is calling 3bets then by calling the 3bet you are actually increasing so much the chance of playing the aces 3way out of position (pretty bad)
3. if you are 4betting light or have a loose image you can get value by things like that and also get credit when you are bluffing
4. if you have a nit 3betting then you MUST 4bet.. and even make it huge. the guy is probably gonna have JJ+
5. if you are gonna 4bet make it expensive for smaller pairs to set mine.. if you give enough odds for them to catch a set then the only thing 4betting does is giving them the info that (i have a premium hand so catching a set means $$)

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well depenad of position,I limp sometimes AA,and someone raise a little Igo re raised or all in,and is better than you fouur bet and noone calls,you should think a little depeands of players.....

V

Vertifight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depend on opponents, if you see the opp has big agg factor you may call 3 bet, sometimes its max your value