rules i try not to break

Onadar

Onadar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry if this has been posted before, but they are my rules

1. always pay attention to my position at the table, even before i worry what my cards are. know where the button (most powerful) postion is

2. no distractions, i can pick up on betting patterns almost without thinking about it, if i am paying complete attention to actually playing. emails shouldn't be costing me money to read.

3. let every hand go as soon as it i done. my bankroll changes on every hand. whatever it says that is what i have to play with at that time. high or low i cannot change it. concentrate on good decisions for that hand, sometimes that means folding some good hands that are overrun, just do it and play on.

4. if i am multitabling and it isn't going well get out and play one table and go back to hand per hand good decisions.

5. if a table is just not going well, get out and find another table with better conditions, don't force things to get a few pennies back.

6. study everything going on, keep running pot odds and trying to figure out hands even after folding. it is good practice and sometimes i am doing it now without even thinking. also watch for calling stations, maniacs, fish
use notes if site has it.

7. watch bankroll, one bad night can put a real dent in it, if i have to move down limits then i have to, just makes more sense than forcing and losing more money.

8. last 3 are all related, TILT if i notice any forcing or pushing crap hands to gain back a small loss, get off the tables

9. RELAX everyone gets aces cracked, that nice flush get full housed, let it go and get back to playing

10. FUN i absolutely love to play poker, if it isn't fun anymore i would just rather not be playing at all. i have taken breaks away from the game, and when i get back i can't believe i left in the first place, but at the time, i really need the break.

Poker Rules - Poker Games