Omaha or NL Hold'em

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer omaha,sadly since the american were banned from fulltilt and pokerstars on black friday,the traffic became very very poor to the extent that some sites have very few none holdem games grrr.i play on sky poker and coral ,coral as no omaha tourneys at all ,sky only as a handful a day.
nlh only is boring to me i like all variables of poker as they say variety is the spice of life.

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omaha or omaha hi lo are drawing games,i like to get a cheap look at the flop.and its annoying the amount of players getting it all in post flop ,and crying and whinging when their bare AA gets out gunned in a multi way pot.
so many over play AA its beyond a joke.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy game ? there is no easy game in omaha or holdem :D But i prefer to play omaha more dinamic play more alts and a lot of heart breaking rivers.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More cards in Omaha. Therefore more outs to consider.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holden is alot easier imo you only get 2 cards where you can have several winning hand in them , on the other hand omaha is getting 4 cards and you can ony use 3 of them in the hand i think it's alot harder and most of the time in omaha the players split the pot which is kinda silly!

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like and enjoy all variations of the game. I really don't find Omaha difficult unless I am playing a holdem game in tandem cause that generally confuses me.

My favorite is Razz though and then PLO8 my personal experience is that these games generally confuse the average player, but it's still a challenge not to be confused myself :) But I usually do ok on those games

In horse my weak spot is stud7 or a game change and I missed it.

Playing a strong hand of Razz only to learn at the river I am in a stud game lol

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both kinds of games. However, in Omaha you have to be more careful.

D

Dr Peeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree. i like both, but so many more cards dealt. and you can only use 2 of the ones you do have

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both. Bot in Omaha I'm kind of rookie and still trying to catch up. Advices, tips are welcome ☺

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like best hold'em poker.Omaha did not like it at all there is no excitement that or what

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha or omaha hi lo are drawing games,i like to get a cheap look at the flop.and its annoying the amount of players getting it all in post flop ,and crying and whinging when their bare AA gets out gunned in a multi way pot.
so many over play AA its beyond a joke.
I agree with you that AAxx is easily the most overplayed hand in omaha. And boy does it get overplaued. However, if you get a chance to shove ur stack in there pre...I'm doing it with ALMOST any AAxx....post flop is a different story. Many people fail to realize that only a pair in Omaha is not good. Especially on a wet board. The aces should be laid down many times. And often times they are not

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em is easier, but Omaha is more interesting. For a beginner, it's best to start playing 1, but in time you realize that Omaha brings more fun.

O

omgdontcall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like omaha but if i had to choose I'd play omaha hi/lo. I've been playing live limit O8 for the past year and it's pretty fun and the pots get huge when the action is good.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which game is easy Omaha or Hold'em?

Neither is easy. Nlh is easier to learn because plo is just a holden variArion that makes it more conplacated.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't know which is easier, but Royal flush I have caught in Omaha )

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO limit all the way!! I cannot stand pot limit ( sorry for everyone who likes pot limit) No limit has alot more ACTION and thats why i love it. Pot limit has very limited action in my opinion.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relative to the holding of AA: having two odd cards which can redraw after the flop such as two suited aces or two broadway cards which can form a broadway straight add much value to your hand. Having AA with two rags as offcards will get you in trouble after the flop without some improvement. As said before nut hands form very easily based on the board. Even with a dry board you still have a set as nuts and that beats AA every time.

M

MulletMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Highly recommend NLO8. Lots of action.

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm only playing for now nl holdem. But I plan to learn and omaha.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem-is a conservative game.A classic of the genre.Omaha-is a fun game.More cards in hand and more opportunites to hand.But i only play Holdem.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I love the fact that people consider a form of "no limit" the conservative option these days. LOL

I remember being in high school and college and trying to get people to play no limit was nearly impossible. It was always limit or spread limit. Of course, no limit stud is really a degen game (they were right).

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL holdem ....never play other games!!!