Not open for further replies.
PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*whacks self in head*

Doh! Dang it, I could have saved myself the trouble. Well, I suppose that issue is resolved as well. But hey, nice to hear my calculations were correct. Thanks.

dave

G

gis1239

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is only accurate postflop, the mistake of being 10% off in your calculation is huge when calculating pot odds. This is good enough when calculating from the flop to the river or turn to the river, but for the whole board the margin of error is not within acceptable limits.

then i proberly made some very qusionabel calls :p but thx for the math used the time it took to read whole thread learned something from you thanks man :)

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then i proberly made some very qusionabel calls :p but thx for the math used the time it took to read whole thread learned something from you thanks man :)

I am SO HAPPY to hear you learned something. So did I. There were some suggestions along the way that long threads are a bad thing. Of course, when you start one - you never know how long it's going to be. So far there are ZERO responses to my question about network affiliations ( https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/how-network-sites-related-122801/ ).

I think this one, even though it was essentially answered by about the sixth post, went on because stats are kind of tough to understand AND even after James's calculations there were still people telling me that MY math in the original post was correct. I'm really happy I asked the question; otherwise I would have lived out the rest of my natural (and unnatural) life laboring under a false understanding.

Plus, I kind of enjoyed getting to know people a little bit.

I don't think this site has a chat feature does it? Some do. That might be kind of fun. Or maybe not.

By the way, did I mention that the question is resolved?

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator