*** November Cash Thread ***

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope I don't come across as spammy but I am the author of NoteCaddy...

I just wanted to comment that since the beta, NoteCaddy has undergone several major updates. Obviously not everyone is going to think it's a great program but the version out now is completely different than the one you used.

I don't really see that as spammy. I am sure it has changed a lot since I used that as it was still in Beta, I realize that, I was just saying that it was when I had used it. One thing that I didn't like was that for that type of program I feel like the price is a bit much just for auto-notetaking. For me it is absolutely not an issue of not having the money for it, I just feel that $50 is way too high for a program with the features. I have downloaded the trial to see what had been added since I last tried, but just when you look at what you get with some of the other softwares and what you get with this, they don't necessarily balance out in terms of price(and yes I know that no others have the features you have, just the principle) Good luck with everything with it. I am a programmer as well, so I love new ideas like this.

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it is saying my license key is expired...Only used it while it was on 2p2

Last edited:
coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so i couldn't stay away from rush week. decided to sit down and if i ran good just keep playing and go for the $50 bonus. so i go on instant heater and i'm up 5 buy-ins at one point. then just get trucked by coolers and finish up 1 buy-in. lolz i love teh rush pokerz.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whoa just got it in as a 57% fav over AA** on a A98hh board in PLO

S

SretiCentV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really see that as spammy. I am sure it has changed a lot since I used that as it was still in Beta, I realize that, I was just saying that it was when I had used it. One thing that I didn't like was that for that type of program I feel like the price is a bit much just for auto-notetaking. For me it is absolutely not an issue of not having the money for it, I just feel that $50 is way too high for a program with the features. I have downloaded the trial to see what had been added since I last tried, but just when you look at what you get with some of the other softwares and what you get with this, they don't necessarily balance out in terms of price(and yes I know that no others have the features you have, just the principle) Good luck with everything with it. I am a programmer as well, so I love new ideas like this.

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it is saying my license key is expired...Only used it while it was on 2p2

Your license key expired because eventually it auto-converted into a regular trial license. You can use 406a4009-b698-4114-b712-ee9b2317f55e if you want to try again.

The software does more than just note taking. It also color codes players in the full tilt/stars lobby. The only other supported software that I know of that does just this costs $47

The most efficient way to see what has changed is to look at the change log which can be found at http://forums.assaultware.com/forumdisplay.php?10-New-Version-Releases

Last edited:
H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time I have ever qualified. I guess being a jobless bum has some benefits. And it didn't hurt me too bad. :eek::D

On the real plus side, I have learned an awful lot about cash games. I am still terrible (being nice to myself) but I am getting there. On a side note, thanks to everyone posting in my HA questions. I promise there will be many more.

Those are some serious peeks and valleys. :eek::eek::p:confused::rolleyes:

Attachments

• IM.jpg
    IM.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 112
  • november.jpg
    november.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 110
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The software does more than just note taking. It also color codes players in the full tilt/stars lobby. The only other supported software that I know of that does just this costs $47

Compared to the cost of TN, PT3 & HEM, the standards for poker add-ons, it is on the expensive side.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Compared to the cost of TN, PT3 & HEM, the standards for poker add-ons, it is on the expensive side.

I don't know TN is $60 and you have to buy a different version for Stars and Tilt. Although I think the "combo pack" is discounted to $100!

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm done playing for November. Started great and then tailed off a little for the last 10 days of the month. I think I've played too much recently (approx 75k hands in November not counting 5nl) and I've really lost my edge. Apparently high volume does not seem to always translate into better play. I feel that by multi-tabling 12 tables at a time I lose any chance to study HUD stats, estimate ranges,etc. The truth is except for super obvious draws I usually only have a decent sense of villain's probable hole cards at the River.

Tomorrow is a new month. I'm not going to focus on winrate or $/ hour as micros aren't a destination but a 1st step so I am going to take some deep breaths and try 4 5nl tables and really try to slow down and focus on opponents stats, not just VPIP/ PFR but call PFR, positional stats, WTSD, etc.

I'm also going to plan a little break to re-charge. The next two weekends are going to be pretty busy for me so it might be a good time to do it then, especially the weekend after next as it is my Birthday and I don't need to play Poker then for sure.

Attachments

• nov.jpg
    nov.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 87
  • nov graph.jpg
    nov graph.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 86
coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm done playing for November. Started great and then tailed off a little for the last 10 days of the month. I think I've played too much recently (approx 75k hands in November not counting 5nl) and I've really lost my edge. Apparently high volume does not seem to always translate into better play. I feel that by multi-tabling 12 tables at a time I lose any chance to study HUD stats, estimate ranges,etc. The truth is except for super obvious draws I usually only have a decent sense of villain's probable hole cards at the River.

ask ftp for the cashback bonus, or consider moving to stars. (at least u could use your vpps to get instant cash bonuses there) Can't imagine playing 5NL\10NL on ftp without rakeback. 75K hands of 2NL wtf?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The perfect turn:
full tilt poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

Hero (SB): $219.90
BB: $112.45
UTG: $50.00
UTG+1: $101.00
UTG+2: $100.00
MP1: $100.00
MP2: $176.95
CO: $100.00
BTN: $181.45

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with K:spade: K:diamond:
1 fold, UTG+1 requests TIME, 3 folds, MP2 calls $1, 1 fold, BTN raises to $4.50, Hero calls $4, 1 fold, MP2 calls $3.50

Flop: ($14.50) 8:diamond: J:club: 8:club: (3 players)
Hero bets $9, MP2 calls $9, BTN folds

Turn: ($32.50) K:club: (2 players)
Hero bets $26, MP2 requests TIME, MP2 calls $26

River: ($84.50) 7:spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $180.40 all in, MP2 requests TIME, MP2 says "u got a boatÉ", MP2 calls $137.45 all in

Final Pot: $359.40
Hero shows K:spade: K:diamond: (a full house, Kings full of Eights)
MP2 mucks A:club: 4:club:
Hero wins $356.40
(Rake: $3.00)

The perfect curve:
Bar-Refaeli-bar-refaeli-12130934-514-720.jpg

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam wvh sick hand...u always just flat the raise in that spot preflop?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dam wvh sick hand...u always just flat the raise in that spot preflop?

No. I flatted only because we're all 175bb deep and I wanted to keep the guy I stacked in the hand and the BTNs range is really wide since he's just trying to iso the fish. So 90%? of the time if I 3bet they both just fold and I didn't want that.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ask ftp for the cashback bonus, or consider moving to stars. (at least u could use your vpps to get instant cash bonuses there) Can't imagine playing 5NL\10NL on ftp without rakeback. 75K hands of 2NL wtf?

I tried several times to get rakeback with FT. Apparently when I originally created my FT account in 2007 I did it through some 3rd party and FT says they cannot offer me a deal nor will they tell me who I signed up through. Kinda sucks as my FT account sat unused for almost 2 years. I can't stand the graphics on pokerstars it gives me a headache for some reason, it's too busy. I like Full Tilt's graphics without Avatars it's a nice' clean' look.

Why is 75k hands @ 2nl so ?? I'm still there because:
  1. I suck
  2. I cannot win @ 5nl
  3. I suck
  4. I am unlucky
  5. I am a loser in cards and in life
  6. the flop always goes against me
  7. I suck
  8. I refuse to deposit again if I lose my whole roll.
  9. I suck
  10. I thought I was a successful 2nl player until recently but lately I can't seem to win, so see please refer to points 1-9 above.
anyway so much for another failed attempt at 5nl. This morning's session;
  1. KK<AA
  2. QQ<AK (Villain's stats 53.57 /28.57/ 13.33) 4 hands later he stacked player to his right when he got AIPF, villain had QQ, his opponent had AA. Villain flopped a set of Queens
  3. AK<TT (believe it or not another 57/28 guy, different table taking my money)
  4. Flopped a FH against same villain but he refused to play the hand. Flopped a set against another, I checked flop, bet turn and he folded. The one time I had AA the fish all went into hiding.
It's not that these are epic coolers it's just that my bankroll cannot sustain these continued losses, at the rate I lose at 5nl my roll would be gone in 2 weeks, tops (my lose rate for 5nl is -9.9BB/100). Maybe that's a good thing. Right now I am getting ZERO enjoyment from Poker. I want to learn, want to get better but I am stuck in neutral. I start a session with good intentions, tell myself that I will be focused, play well, not go broke with single pairs, pay attention to stats, take player notes, etc, etc. For the 1st few orbits I go through the regs and review all their stats, VPIP,.PFR, call PFR, 3bet% ,fold to 3bet, WTSD, c-bet %,etc. I try to play each opponent accordingly. I don't know why but at 5nl none of that seems to matter. I get my money in good when I am ahead of villain's range but it seems that I am always on the wrong side of the 55/45 divide.

I'm pretty much sure that right now I hate Poker.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  1. I suck
  2. I cannot win @ 5nl
  3. I suck
  4. I am unlucky
  5. I am a loser in cards and in life
  6. the flop always goes against me
  7. I suck
  8. I refuse to deposit again if I lose my whole roll.
  9. I suck
  10. I thought I was a successful 2nl player until recently but lately I can't seem to win, so see please refer to points 1-9 above..

Replace point 4 with point 1 and point 6 with point 7 and you might be about right ;)

PS high volume never translates into better play, winrates always drop. :)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the past couple of months I'm winning at 2nl for over 9bb/100 and losing at 5nl just under 7bb/100. It happens, get past it and keep trying. Continuing on about how you can't beat 5nl you're unlucky etc will only ensure you never make the step up.

Oh and moving up and losing is what a 5 buy-in shot is for. You win at one level, try 5 buy-ins at the one above, if you win you stay, you lose you drop back down and rebuild. It's not a big deal and definitely not as big as you're making it out to be.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Replace point 4 with point 1 and point 6 with point 7 and you might be about right ;)

PS high volume never translates into better play, winrates always drop. :)

thanks for clearing that up! Like WV says I wasn't as good as I was for 3weeks and am not as bad as I've been for the last two.

I still do suck, however!:santaclau

Over the past couple of months I'm winning at 2nl for over 9bb/100 and losing at 5nl just under 7bb/100. It happens, get past it and keep trying. Continuing on about how you can't beat 5nl you're unlucky etc will only ensure you never make the step up.

Oh and moving up and losing is what a 5 buy-in shot is for. You win at one level, try 5 buy-ins at the one above, if you win you stay, you lose you drop back down and rebuild. It's not a big deal and definitely not as big as you're making it out to be.

Cool. Actually I'm developing a sense of humor about it all. In the grand scheme of things having a rough stretch in microstakes poker is about as significant as a whale farting 2000 feet under the sea.

9BB? what's your sample size?? What's your secret? How about answering these 10 questions?
  1. How much are you c-betting?
  2. How much are you 3-betting?
  3. When you 3bet do you usually cbet when OOP? What about when you 3bet AK and whiffed on the flop? What would you do if here if you c-bet here on a low board and donkey min re-raises you?
  4. How do you usually react to a preflop 3bet from an unknown villain when OOP and you have QQ or AK?
  5. How often do you 4bet QQ/ AK? (Except vs Aggro maniacs). When you are on the button and get 3bet by the blinds by a 18/12 guy do you usually flat JJ+, AK or do you 4bet here? If you get 3bet by an 18/12 SB when you are in BB and miss on flop do you usually c-bet (non Ace board)?
  6. how do you deal with a postflop re-raise from an 18/12 when you have an Overpair on a dry board?
  7. How do you play Nut Flush draws? do you like to raise and re-raise preflop to get AIPF (talking ATs+)What do you do when the pot has been raised and re-raised and the turn is a blank and you think you have 10-11 outs heading into the River but you have a villain won't fold?
  8. Do you c-bet sm/ medium pocket pairs that don't improve when there are 2 overs on the flop? (77 on a QJx board?)
  9. When you miss on your draws, say you have 12-15 outs on the flop raise big and sticky villain refuses to fold. If turn is a blank do you fire another barrell? If you do and he calls and River is another blank do you just surrender on the River? Do you ever try to Bluff here? Would you ever call a small River bet if you had AKs?
  10. How do you deal with the donkeys who lead on the flop with a .02 donk bet, call if you re-raise them (say to .10) and then if you check the turn they fire a PSB and if you fire again they call (talking when you have an underpair or 2 overs or an over and a backdoor draw?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for clearing that up! Like WV says I wasn't as good as I was for 3weeks and am not as bad as I've been for the last two.

I still do suck, however!:santaclau

Cool. Actually I'm developing a sense of humor about it all. In the grand scheme of things having a rough stretch in microstakes poker is about as significant as a whale farting 2000 feet under the sea.

9BB? what's your sample size?? What's your secret? How about answering these 10 questions?
  1. How much are you c-betting?
  2. How much are you 3-betting?
  3. When you 3bet do you usually cbet when OOP? What about when you 3bet AK and whiffed on the flop? What would you do if here if you c-bet here on a low board and donkey min re-raises you?
  4. How do you usually react to a preflop 3bet from an unknown villain when OOP and you have QQ or AK?
  5. How often do you 4bet QQ/ AK? (Except vs Aggro maniacs). When you are on the button and get 3bet by the blinds by a 18/12 guy do you usually flat JJ+, AK or do you 4bet here? If you get 3bet by an 18/12 SB when you are in BB and miss on flop do you usually c-bet (non Ace board)?
  6. how do you deal with a postflop re-raise from an 18/12 when you have an Overpair on a dry board?
  7. How do you play Nut Flush draws? do you like to raise and re-raise preflop to get AIPF (talking ATs+)What do you do when the pot has been raised and re-raised and the turn is a blank and you think you have 10-11 outs heading into the River but you have a villain won't fold?
  8. Do you c-bet sm/ medium pocket pairs that don't improve when there are 2 overs on the flop? (77 on a QJx board?)
  9. When you miss on your draws, say you have 12-15 outs on the flop raise big and sticky villain refuses to fold. If turn is a blank do you fire another barrell? If you do and he calls and River is another blank do you just surrender on the River? Do you ever try to Bluff here? Would you ever call a small River bet if you had AKs?
  10. How do you deal with the donkeys who lead on the flop with a .02 donk bet, call if you re-raise them (say to .10) and then if you check the turn they fire a PSB and if you fire again they call (talking when you have an underpair or 2 overs or an over and a backdoor draw?

Just looked at all of my lifetime stats and I'm 6bb/100 over 40k hands at 2nl which isn't great but 11bb/100 over 18k at FR so maybe I should stay there haha.

1. My c-bet is around 60% but it's not about numbers it's about why. If I open and I'm called I'm betting certain flops every single hand, why? Because I know my opponent will fold a ton of times there.

Full Tilt Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1053784
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $1.07
SB: $0.56
BB: $3.29
Hero (UTG): $3.21
MP: $1.87
CO: $1.00

CO posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is UTG with 5 5
Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, SB calls $0.09, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.24) A 9 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, SB folds

Final Pot: $0.24
Hero wins $0.23
(Rake: $0.01)

2. I'm 3-betting around 7% which I admit is probably a little high for micros (there's lots of 6-max on there too) but I'm not polarising my range or anything unnecessary for micros, I'm just 3-betting players who call lots and will stack off with KJ vs my AJ/AK.

3. My continuation betting relies entirely on whether the flop is a good one to bet, whether I'll get a fold if I want one, and a call if I want one. AK should be no different to 78. If the flop comes 267 then this hand is pretty much over no c-bet, no calling of a bet, move on. If it comes Q83 then I'm betting that cause I can get folds.

Should it make a difference in 3-bet pots OOP, I'm not sure but it doesn't for me. *Just ran some stats and when I 3-bet and a flop continuation bet is possible I c-bet 60% still*

4. I'm never calling OOP but I might IP if his range is weak. I pretty much always 4-bet against all but the super nits (+100 hands). Playing them IP he's usually gonna play his hand pretty face up and you can play accordingly.

5. I admit 4-betting and playing 3-bet pots is something I should look into, I generally just 4-bet cause 4-betting is easy and that's probably bad.

6. Get it in, 18/12's at 2nl aren't the same as 18/12's at 100nl.

7. I generally bet draws especially OOP but getting them in on the flop is meh, you usually don't have fold equity if you've been raised on the flop and that's the point of getting them in, otherwise you're just a 70/30 dog and that's dumb. Don't really understand the second part. If he won't fold then I'm not putting it in, it's simple equity, if he is betting though it becomes a case of pot odds vs equity.

8. When checked to yes. To some extent OOP but the flop needs to be drier (e.g rainbow or AK2), QJxds sucks to c-bet.

9. Double barrelling again is always about board texture and opponents calling habits. Generally you should double barrel when either your fold equity increases (this is usually the case when the flop is A72 and the turn is a K) or your hand equity increases (you pick up a flush draw).

It's a 3-bet pot but ignore that for now:

Full Tilt Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1053806

BB: $1.91
UTG: $2.00
CO: $1.58
BTN: $3.33
Hero (SB): $2.45

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 5 :diamond: 5 :spade:
2 folds, BTN raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) Q :club: 3 :diamond: 6 :heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.24, BTN calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.86) K :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.60, BTN folds

Final Pot: $0.86
Hero wins $0.81
(Rake: $0.05)

Full Tilt Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1053821

SB: $2.52
BB: $4.94
Hero (UTG): $2.05
CO: $0.64
BTN: $2.41

CO posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is UTG with 4 :heart: 4 :club:
BB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.31) Q :club: 2 :diamond: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.67) 3 :club: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.67) A :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Final Pot: $0.67
Hero shows 4 :heart: 4 :club: (a pair of Fours)
BTN shows 9 :diamond: 9 :heart: (a pair of Nines)
BTN wins $0.63
(Rake: $0.04)

Do you see the difference? The second hand is close to a perfect example as you see the type of hand he has and also the type I'm trying to make fold. He will always call the turn bet, but if it was an A do you think he's more or less likely to fold?

10. I'm trying to raise donk bets because they seem to fold a lot and we have position if we're called. If he pot bets the turn then just fold without a hand, he has it and if he doesn't then good for him.

Lol long post of hopefully slightly useful information. These are just my opinions and how I play the game and I am in no way saying the above is true or without need of discussion, in fact I want you to pick it apart.

Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos