is the lowest limit beatable.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there should be a rule on this forum. You get 2 lives, and when you are an idiot, mention rigged, unbeatableness etc, you lose one...Then you say anything stupid again and WV gets to crush you with the ban hammer!
:D Sounds fun to me but could result in a serious decrease in site traffic.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me clarify...I meant to say OP should move up to where they respect his raises and find players who want to play "real" poker.

just to clarify, when people say that they are being sarcastic,...

Can you back this up with any evidence?

... every time I've ever said "move up to where they respect your raises" it's been sarcastic.

This is the most surprising bit in all this to me. Tusabes, dude, you have over 200 posts here. Seriously. Get your sarcasm-meter checked - it's broken.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the most surprising bit in all this to me. Tusabes, dude, you have over 200 posts here. Seriously. Get your sarcasm-meter checked - it's broken.
I made the post about having too much skill to play low limits and I'm getting killed. It must of touched a nerve. I guess my ego convinced me to try and explain the post as I meant it to be percieved and it has spiraled ooc.
I'm just going to try to log some micro nl hands and see for myself if it's beatable. I think it is btw.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the post about having too much skill to play low limits and I'm getting killed. It must of touched a nerve. I guess my ego convinced me to try and explain the post as I meant it to be percieved and it has spiraled ooc.
I'm just going to try to log some micro nl hands and see for myself if it's beatable. I think it is btw.

Yeah, its just that this stuff gets old. Unlike the rigtard threads, which personally I feel are entertaining and never get old:D (though I wish someone would put a new spin on one), this "micros are unbeatable" stuff is just.....old.

It just stands to reason. If the micros, which should have the least skilled players, aren't beateable, then nothing above them, with presumably more skilled players, should be beatable either. So, why play?

Now, will it take a different skill set/strategy to beat the low micros if you're used to playing higher? Absolutely. If you are competent to play higher, will this adjustment be difficult for you? Absolutely not.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's so not right to say. You have to play ABC poker in micros, semi bluffing and str8 up bluffing does not work. I know this, i lost a few buy-ins trying it.:eek: Lags are going to call and hit, and are not easy to bluff off a hand.
Find a table with a bunch of Nits and your skills may work on them.
WVH plays at higher limits, and i am sure he can crush the micros.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol value betting is one of the biggest skills in poker.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially when combined with value bet bluffing!

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not only beatable, it's CRUSHABLE!

How to beat. Value bet relentlessly, don't bluff.
A cbet when missing the flop isn't considered a bluff is it? You still believe a cbet heads up with position is a high value play even at the micros right?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A cbet when missing the flop isn't considered a bluff is it? You still believe a cbet heads up with position is a high value play even at the micros right?

A cbet when you miss the flop is a still a bluff.

I think 'don't bluff at 2NL' is good general advice, and you can beat it without bluffing. But I have found c-bet bluffing to be VERY effective because a lot of villains like to see flops so will call your PF raise with junk and play fit or fold. Obviously they are going to be folding a lot, and you win a nice little pot. At 5NL you have to start picking your cbet bluff spots more carefully, but still, it can be done a lot.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A cbet when you miss the flop is a still a bluff.

I think 'don't bluff at 2NL' is good general advice, and you can beat it without bluffing. But I have found c-bet bluffing to be VERY effective because a lot of villains like to see flops so will call your PF raise with junk and play fit or fold. Obviously they are going to be folding a lot, and you win a nice little pot. At 5NL you have to start picking your cbet bluff spots more carefully, but still, it can be done a lot.
I agree.
A cbet is so fundamental that it's the correct play often enough to be +EV even at the micros. Obviously a position cbet is gold.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even consider a cbet a bluff. It should be an integral part of your game. You should be cebtting about 70- 75% of the time imo.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my previous run at poker I plate 25NL and did well.

I just started playing cash games again and tried to start at 5NL (1c/2c).

My numbers were like a falling rock. (over 2000 hands)

I moved over to 10 max(5c/10c) and the graph reversed immediately.

------

My question is, does anyone have any experience with trying to be a winning player at 1c/2c? Do you think it is beatable? If yes, what do YOU do.:confused:

As someone who plays the 1c/2c almost exclusively - yes, yes it is beatable. The key to winning 1c/2c is to play completely standardised. Don't bluff, people won't respect your raises. Don't c-bet except when you hit the flop/ have dry boards. And when you do hit the flop, bet the shit out of it.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has said this, but low stakes are extremely beatable. Just play TAG, don't bluff, value bet, value bet, value bet.

I had an easy time destroying 2NL-10NL on Stars and FullTilt. I have been struggling a bit on Cake. It's seems like on Cake once you get to 10NL and above everyone is playing soooo tight. Now trying to switch to Merge.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even consider a cbet a bluff. It should be an integral part of your game. You should be cebtting about 70- 75% of the time imo.

I dont consider it a bluff either, like we can isolate any two cards against certain fish and be happy firing a c-bet, which even though we might not be ahead of his range we are still isolating him for value, just our value lies in paying a certain price for the chance to take a limp of money in the middle.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far they seem beatable. I did bluff off a couple bi.

Attachments

• micro run.jpg
    micro run.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 60
JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish on a heater.
micro's are unbeatable.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop the presses.....micros are beatable? Say it ain't so.....

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is so sik. Not crushinem like you guys tho.

C

ClubArrow77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know. I try to basically play tight, never bluff, and value bet when I hit TPTK or better but I cant seem to get a break. I played a long session where I would always go to the loosest tables and play until they become too tight. I was up about a $1 in 2nl and went through 4 beats so im down $4 from the beginning of the session.