is the lowest limit beatable.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah probably a good idea to get that book. I've not read it myself but I've read a review or two and it seems like it's just the ticket to begin with. On top of which, BlackRain79's results do speak for themselves.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad players plus mediocre players when they make poor plays represent a huge source of profit. Avoiding them because they don't play like you think they should or want them to and because you don't want to learn how to adapt is flat-out counter-productive.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do find it hard to adjust to bad play in low stakes thats why I don't play it and obviously alot of others think the same. You dont know me, why would I care if u knew I was a decent 20NL player? and instead of calling everyone a liar why not give him some tips?

First of all, don't kid yourself, 25NL is still micro stakes so you do play low stakes. Second, how do you make money at poker if not from bad players?

You mentioned wanting tips. What kind of tips are you looking for?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad players plus mediocre players when they make poor plays represent a huge source of profit. Avoiding them because they don't play like you think they should or want them to and because you don't want to learn how to adapt is flat-out counter-productive.

Sink this into the gray matter!!!
If you cannot or will not adjust to your source of income (fish) then you are pretty much doomed at any level.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part they are very beatable, biggest consideration is rake

table select, play tight, value bet, dont bluf, lather rinse repeat

gl at the tables,

t

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
unbeatable imo. Too hard to beat the fish, they never fold! Move up to the higher stakes where they respect your raises and there's actually some people who want to play POKER
Being sarcastic or are you serious?

C

chris808

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, don't kid yourself, 25NL is still micro stakes so you do play low stakes. Second, how do you make money at poker if not from bad players?

You mentioned wanting tips. What kind of tips are you looking for?
Sorry yes I mean micro stakes. I don't consider 20nl micro stakes though. I just can't deal with the maniacs that reraise you all in with nothing. Most the time you loose because its usually a 3 or 4 way pot, then have the nerve to call you a stupid fish.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry yes I mean micro stakes. I don't consider 20nl micro stakes though. I just can't deal with the maniacs that reraise you all in with nothing. Most the time you loose because its usually a 3 or 4 way pot, then have the nerve to call you a stupid fish.

I wouldn't say they're far wrong in fairness.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't deal with the maniacs that reraise you all in with nothing.
If you're against a maniac, you need to be prepared to call down lighter (i.e. when your something is better than his nothing).

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said I cannot bear it, I just don't think it is worth playing most people play upwards of 80% of hands and call anything preflop. How are you supposed to win?

This is why you're a fish. It's alright, i'm a fish too and so are most people here but most of us are trying to get better and are slightly bigger fish.

Seriously, if you're complaining about people who're playing 80% of hands and call anything preflop, then it shows you are just starting which is fine whatever/ but anyone who knows the slightest thing about poker will actively look for these players, and doing anything else is pretty retarded.

Hopefully you'll stick around and later look back to these first posts and think how stupid they are and how they make no sense.

There's a lot of good info at CC on becoming a better player, so just start from the lowest limit (because there's no way on earth you can beat 20nl if you cant beat 2nl and that's a fact.) and hopefully eradicate all this backwards thinking that we see new guys make every week. gl

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is that mate?

Because you don't seem to understand that your bottom line in poker is made up by people who are willing to shove all in with 97o despite numerous membersa pointing it out to you.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No money in the micros. Everyone is solid. ;)

C

chris808

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold up, ofcourse I can beat 2nl, I just don't think it is worth it with the amount of variance and crazy play. I did play a few hours at stars 6 max tables today and they are alot better then 888, but was still only up 20bb an hour over 4 tables.
Anyway I have posted too much on this thread so thats all I have to say.

BUBBAJ52

BUBBAJ52

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK here it is plain and simple. Listen up because I don't think that you listened to any one so far. Bottom line is play the hand you are dealt you have 2 choices.... 1st..... play it 2nd..... fold it...... Yes you can beat them. So if they jump all in are you going to jump in also with a sub-par hand. Or will you kick back and wait till you have a bungy cord so when you do jump in you grab the pot and raise back up to that diving board that they all jumped from. Bottom line is wait for ur hand to come to you .Who the heck ever said you have to play by the Bingo rules to Beat the Bingo Players. And a few more tip's for you; look at who is on the tables you bye into. And choose to play the one's and yes they are there that you see the same players on, and take notes on how they bet and what they are beating on. I know if you have a little patience, you will see a pattern on them. And save yourself sum drywall work by not putting you're head threw the closest wall by falling in line with those players. And trust us you get passed that phase. You will see the greener side of poker by being a better player if not a thicker headed one....lol... ohhhhhhh and good luck on the Felt......

Last edited:
acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I give up lol. 20bb an hour, playing 4 tables, what does that mean, do you seriously expect to make 100bb an hour playing 4 tables? Well that's never gonna be sustainable anyway. If you're a good player id imagine 20bb an hour would be a good win rate at 4 tables. However i dont think you could sustain that if you cant handle the variance at 2nl lol. What ****ing variance, you do realise that each level you go up there is MORE variance?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA gonna get cracked way too often in the lowest limits.
it's defo out of the realm of possibility to expect to be able to beat tables that are largely filled with uber-nits, HUGE FISH, & ManiacSpewtards.

I too suggest one should 'move up to where they respect your raises'

L to the O and back again.

H

HoldOnTheRail

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played not much hands. It was just a bad run at lower stakes for sure. Low stakes is easy to beat. Dont bluff, raise a lot. I have seen some good players at NL2 so you need to spot them and play toughter poker.

L

lukyl1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mm its definitely beatable, just like the members are saying, value betting is key. Playing over 4 tables i made roughly $5-6 an hour at the 2c-5c on PS. only problem with it for me is that i am impatient, so i can easily get bored at these limits, make a useless and known to fail all in call, just on the hope they are bluffing and i can make a couple extra dollars to look like im getting better reward for my time. If not that i arrogantly move to higher limits, and sometimes win, but often lose it all quite quick, due to bad BR.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lowest stakes confirmed unbeatable. Stakes with better players must be tougher so I guess poker is unbeatable, nobody wins.

R

rcsmith4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes the lowest limits are beatable, I am currently playing them and although you do have to adjust your normal game if you played high stakes, once you do find the proper adjustment, it will be hard to lose.

Tino11

Tino11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If BlackRain79 says its beatable, its beatable! and that is good enough for me.