is the lowest limit beatable.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes your skill level is too good for the lowest limits.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And if that is true you need to develop the skill set of adjusting to the table and the players at it.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My skill level is SOOOO much better than lower limits.

Thats why I cant move up........

I am gonna show those micro donks, if its the last thing I do

(just dont tell my wife......)

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowest stakes confirmed unbeatable. Stakes with better players must be tougher so I guess poker is unbeatable, nobody wins.

Putting my whole BR on red now....

gl to the rest of you fools wasting your time

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this. everyone else in here is retarded

Haters-Gonna-Hate1.jpg

ONaRoll

ONaRoll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing is impossible and nothing is unbeatable but if you do well at higher stakes ,why on earth would you bother ?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing is impossible and nothing is unbeatable but if you do well at higher stakes ,why on earth would you bother ?

noone that does well at high stakes cant beat micros, thats like claiming to swim competitively then drowning in the kiddy pool

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me clarify...I meant to say OP should move up to where they respect his raises and find players who want to play "real" poker.

What site, game, etc do most of the players play 80% of their hands?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me clarify...I meant to say OP should move up to where they respect his raises and find players who want to play "real" poker.

What site, game, etc do most of the players play 80% of their hands?

just to clarify, when people say that they are being sarcastic, never move up unless you can beat a given level.

all poker is real poker.

most sites i assume if you table select well, lots of players are bad.

but if you cant profit against bad players why would you do better against better players. more over if you cant profit against bad players, you are probably also a bad player.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Whatever level you play at you have to be able to adjust to players that do things that are unexpected, outside of what you consider the norm. Certainly you can do that at any stakes you wish - but it might be smart to hone that where the least amount of your money is at risk.

tusabes

tusabes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just to clarify, when people say that they are being sarcastic, never move up unless you can beat a given level.
Being sarcastic is about all I do. When I'm trying to help someone I'll be sincere. Anyone who thinks higher stakes means a game is easier to win is tough to help.

all poker is real poker.

Agreed, hence the quotes.
most sites i assume if you table select well, lots of players are bad.

I'm on merge right now. If MOST players are playing 80% of their hands what would the players/flp% be? Estimate on this.
but if you cant profit against bad players why would you do better against better players.
Is that a question? If so, idk.

more over if you cant profit against bad players, you are probably also a bad player.

Can you back this up with any evidence?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on a 25nl table last night with a 85/12 player and every time I've ever said "move up to where they respect your raises" it's been sarcastic.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol of course all poker is real poker it's not ****ing imaginary. You make money when opponents make mistakes and bad players by definition will make more mistakes than BETTER players. It's a zero sum game - rake so you have to be better than your opponent, it's easier to be better against worse players.

It's not ****ing rocket science.

J

Jrt367

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bovada

The micro limits in nlh on Bovada are excellent for making a profit.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2NL and 5NL are both very beatable. If you just play ABC poker, you win. It's really that simple.

I think so people like to do what they see on TV at highstakes poker, and when they can called by clueless micro players, they think there's no way to win.

Just play patiently and bet when you have something. Don't think you are Tom Dwan.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a video series about how to beat the micros and move up, and the guy is a medium to higher stakes player. He recorded all of his games and talked about what to look for, how to spot the right places to make moves, when a fold is good and so on. He crushed the games consistently.

If you know how to play "real poker" the only reason you move up is to increase your profit. Not any other reason. If you are "moving up to where they respect your raises" or "I just cant stand playing donks" or whatever, I am thinking your graph will go down

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Can you back this up with any evidence?

In any other form of competition you win more often if you play weak opponents. Could you please explain why you feel this wouldn't apply in poker?

This has to be the stupidest thing ever. I guess we should all just move up to 100/200 and start crushing. On the one hand people who think like this help make the games good. On the other hand it tilts the hell out of me to read this nonsense.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone pass me the prozac, I've just run out.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there should be a rule on this forum. You get 2 lives, and when you are an idiot, mention rigged, unbeatableness etc, you lose one...Then you say anything stupid again and WV gets to crush you with the ban hammer!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an idiot, sex is rigged, and my weeny is unbeatable......

(uh oh....)

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2NL and 5NL are both very beatable. If you just play ABC poker, you win. It's really that simple.

I think so people like to do what they see on TV at highstakes poker, and when they can called by clueless micro players, they think there's no way to win.

Just play patiently and bet when you have something. Don't think you are Tom Dwan.
1st level thinkers (and some 2nd level) are just not going to get this. They play one way and expect everyone else will too.

So if the only thing you think FPS stands for is First Person Shooter - you will not understand how to adjust for micros (which almost kind of amounts to not adjusting at all).

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there should be a rule on this forum. You get 2 lives, and when you are an idiot, mention rigged, unbeatableness etc, you lose one...Then you say anything stupid again and WV gets to crush you with the ban hammer!

This and LOL at Fletchdad.