Loose or tight

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks a lot depends on who I'm playing, I can vary my style according to who I'm facing!:cool:

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The strategy depends on who you have to play against at this table

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its all about table and turnament part for me..

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it's all about mixing it up and playing different. If you always play tight, it is a lot harder to build stack sizes since everyone will always believe you have a hand. If you are raising pre with suited connectors more often or more suspect hands, it could give you better odds to hit your cards if others are playing tight and only playing high cards.

It all depends on the table. If everyone is playing super nitty and tight, it calls for a steal here and there. If the table is crazy, pick your spots and protect your strong holdings.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open pretty loose, but tighten up after Somone else opens. I also believe in tailoring my range to fit players and table dynamic. Always aggressive though. Don't guys I used to play against called me Captain Aggression. Lol

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open pretty loose, but tighten up after Somone else opens. I also believe in tailoring my range to fit players and table dynamic. Always aggressive though. Don't guys I used to play against called me Captain Aggression. Lol
Some, not don't

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game... Playing according to my opponents. Focusing on the table dynamics and finding areas to generate easy money.
Tournaments put myself in favorable situations and find weaknesses in my table. If you play this way you’ll be playing loose and tight.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on how the other players styles are. More aggressive if the other players fold too much. More passive if they often bluff. More loose if they pay of big post or fold to much. Tight if they are good OR bad pre flop.

But if you are a big stack in a MTT it is often right to put a little more pressure on the medium and sometimes small stacks since they are often more afraid of the risk of being eliminated.

Hi there pentazepam thanks for your comment again. It is very wise and serious. One thing that some new poker players tend to believe is that we should play inside a "box of style" and following charts of range x position. It is a very old knowledge indeed, and it doesn't work like that anymore.
These days, I agree with pentazepam, a poker player is a opportunist: we have no style of play, no range by position, for example:

5 NLHE, 6-MAX, Cash Game

UTG Hero (230 BB)
MP (87 BB) NIT passive
CO (45 BB) NIT passive
BTN (71 BB) Weak TAG
SB (100 BB) Whale
BB (96 BB) Whale

In a spot like that where there are two whales in the blinds, Hero UTG deep stacked could raise a lot of hands, because he will have a ton of folds from MP, CO and BTN and if Hero get called by the whales either SB or BB, Hero has EDGE upon then, can represent a lot of strong hands from being out of position such as AA, AK, AQ, AJ, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99 etc.
But in this case Hero decided to open a hand that he never open from UTG unless in very specific scenarios like that.
It happen that Hero UTG raises 4x, to get better odds with his range and get called by the NIT passive in the CO and the Whale in the BB. Hero could be opening here hands as 98s, 87s, 76s, (From UTG??? yes) and try to take the pot down. So comes a Flop where Hero UTG hits nothing and it is out of position to the NIT passive and decides to C-bet a little bit large in boards with Jx, Qx, Kx or Ax, because that's what Hero has most of the times from UTG.
Our strategy, our range, our size bet, everything changes accordingly to our opponent, as pentazepam said very well. We play our A game specially versus Good Regulars, so we are almost forced to play a TAG style (at the micros, specially). But against whales and fishes hero can be creative and do a lot of fancy stuff such as unbalanced preflop raises, unbalanced 3bet sizings, unbalanced c-bet flop, unbalanced donkey-bets, unbalanced check-raises, because almost everything we do against weak players is okay and right, so we try to explore it a lot and for that we do not have a static perceived image, we change it depending on the situation. Being opportunist is much better because it makes the reading of our opponents harder. They will never know whether we have 10% of our range or 30% or even more. Thanks again!

Regards;

good game and good luck always at the tables!

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see how long your profits will persist playing loose.
It certainly could for a while. But I would like to see how long indeed.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im a pretty tight player but lately I've loosin it up..I win more when I play loose and aggressive it seems like..I don't know depends on if I'm up or down too..If I'm up with a massive chip stack I start playing looser lol I be cracking big hands that way and become a suckout king idk lol how do you guys like playing and why???

You have to get lucky no matter how you play. If your a complete LAG and lose some small hands at showdown then repeat with a monster and actually have a hand like ak suited and flop A-K-4 and some guy has pocket 4's then you could be in trouble when you thought you flopped a good hand. Conversely your 10-10 as a tight player loses to your call in the small blind when you flop 10-7-8 and j9 GOT U>> It's all luck tight can be a trap,and loose can get people to call worse hands when they think you have crap. Most likely you cant do one or the other all the time.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight-agressive and play hands especially in position very agressive and adjust your game depending on the table.GL