Limping AA/KK utg?

ARsergio

ARsergio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to clean KK AA in utg more if I am not with many blinds and at the table there are aggressive payers

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
there is no right way to play pair of AA or KK since sometimes it does not work to go there in the best thing is to use the power of your location always pushing the harvest to eliminate the largest amount of players and when grabbing a trio they push with everything

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know, it makes no sense to me limping Aces or Kings, it’s deadly. More players in the distribution are more likely that someone will collect a stupid hand like two pairs or sets.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i not limp AA or AK everytimp i play strong

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depend on that step of the tournament I am and how deep I am.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the best comment. Just reminds me that balance is key. Now that I have read this I start to meditate on the fact that a extremely Intilectuial will limp. For the longest I believed that limping was weak however from this I understand that you really have to evaluate your ops in order to make better pre flop choices. Thanks

Before replying please check the date of the thread. This thread is from 2008, and for 12 years it had been dead. Was there really a good reason to reopen it? If not then reply to current threads or start a new one. This is not particular directed at you, because other people do it as well. But please.... :)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of the situation........But also guys......don t forget: Poker is the only game in that world where u can play PERFECTLY......and you can LOOSE...........So when you get All-in /is not way to came back........or you win or you lose the hand and maybe all your stack.and you are OUT..........How i say it ...depends of the hand.........All the best

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't matter if there are brazilians and russians at the same table.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of time if you limp that hands you' re losing value

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely. Fingers crossed. :D

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With KK i mever limping, maybe with AA . I am everytime raise littlebit ,KK is allin preflopp

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whatever position is not worth it, because someone with stupid cards will come in and lose your hand, it has happened many times ...

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Utg with this hands 70% raise and 30% limp. If we have lag's on the table AA, KK, AK limp maybe a good option. Anytimes 3bet / all in pre flop

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion you should never limp, coz u can get multi calls behind and your would be never good in a 4-5 way multipot.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi I respect the views of all but there is no reason to limp AA, KK, if you lose is part of the variance nothing more ...

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering how everybody else plays top hands under the gun in a regular 9 person holdem table. It works beautifully for me when people cooperate and raise, but I saw how it can completely go awry yesterday when it didn't pan out for me. (K6 checked the bb and flopped a set) I usually don't do this everytime i get aces or kings first to act; it depends on if i see a short stack that could push or if somebodys on tilt, etc. Is it a good play to limp these hands, or should you just raise so there's no chance of a cheap limp-around? How does everyone else play AA, KK, etc UTG? Thanks!

Wow! It has to be a very unique situation for me to limp with these hands in that position.
I will probably take a lot of into account the stakes size of all players in the first place.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of situations,,,,but most of time i think is not good limping........When you limp your ideea is to make a "trap" ...but also you put yourself in risk........I prefare to raise or shove.and to win a little then to try a trap and get traped.

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never never limp AA KK, OR , 3bet 4betcall, all in postflop in flop not bad

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the play, if you get in a pot with more than 3 players you have "trapped" yourself and simply need to give up postflop

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel if the table is aggressive - then limp and pounce
If passive - get as much money in as possible pre-flop

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think limping is very risky.....Is risky and allin preflop against 2....7.........so better no limp.

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's smart to limp those cards .. Its happen to play cash, have and limp AA or KK and some weaker players with bad cards come in and I lose a lot of money ... no need to limp, need to raise or if someone go reraise, just go all in and good bye :D ;)

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never limp AA or strong hands UTG, maybe in ''blind war'' I could limp strong hands playing SB but never in UTG.

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering how everybody else plays top hands under the gun in a regular 9 person holdem table. It works beautifully for me when people cooperate and raise, but I saw how it can completely go awry yesterday when it didn't pan out for me. (K6 checked the bb and flopped a set) I usually don't do this everytime i get aces or kings first to act; it depends on if i see a short stack that could push or if somebodys on tilt, etc. Is it a good play to limp these hands, or should you just raise so there's no chance of a cheap limp-around? How does everyone else play AA, KK, etc UTG? Thanks!

never, I always raise at least 4 blinds, if the game is just beginning, it is risky because everyone has the tendency to call, in that case I prefer to go allin

T

tutanota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm...maybe goin allin with deepstacks vs limping i will choose allin. but its matter often of table history