Limit games - should u slow down against a flush draw?

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what your saying Ron.In O8 a set is not best this is only about HIGH? I would bet every time and more so if this is just limit and not pot limit.I would call any raise he makes until the flush draw hits/misses.

This to me is reasonable advice. There is also a lot of questionable advice, like 'the board pairs and you win'. And in situations like a flush AND str8 draw, yes, you DO need to slow down - it is LIKELY about damage control at that point, as KDS63 mentioned. I don't like to 'put it on someone else', but pick yourself up a copy of Hwang on Omaha'. I just got it, and haven't looked at it much, but I suspect it's better than some of the stuff you'll get here on Omaha.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put my money in the middle. You will win more often than not, and keep in mind, your implied odds are actually pretty good, because if the board pairs and makes their flush, you'll win a whole lot.

So how do you figure getting your money in the middle in limit?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have possibly confused things a little...

I play a lot of O8. I did say that I thought the game would be irrelevant as say a flop of :8h4: :qh4: :kc4: give a flush/ straight draw and poss in both O8 and holdem.

The big difference in O8 is obviously the lo.

So it is a general question relating to both.

Using the above example, a nut flush draw has 9 outs = about 20% to hit on each street.

10J has 8 outs = 18% to hit on each street.

Would I be correct thinking someone with say :Ah: :2h4: :10s4: :Jc: would have 38% chance on each street?

If so, on the flop they are 76% to hit if they bet out turn and river?

Now this get complicated. If u had :Kh: :Ks: x x. :D

COULD NOT GET ALL OF THE CARDS TO SHOW

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of O8. I did say that I thought the game would be irrelevant as say a flop of :8h4: :qh4: :kc4: give a flush/ straight draw and poss in both O8 and holdem.

The big difference in O8 is obviously the lo.

So it is a general question relating to both.

Using the above example, a nut flush draw has 9 outs = about 20% to hit on each street.

10J has 8 outs = 18% to hit on each street.

Would I be correct thinking someone with say :Ah: :2h4: :10s4: :Jc: would have 38% chance on each street?

If so, on the flop they are 76% to hit if they bet out turn and river?

Now this get complicated. If u had :Kh: :Ks: x x. :D

COULD NOT GET ALL OF THE CARDS TO SHOW

Not exactly. You are double counting either the # of heart out of the straight outs. In other words, you are counting the :9h4: :kh4: twice. So either you have 9 flush outs and 6 straight outs, or 7 flush outs and 8 straight outs. And as long as we're talking about low, there's also low draw. No idea what the odds are for that, runner runner 3 thru 7, no pair.

Ya know, of the cards that are in the smiley section, can't they put them in order or something? :confused: :p

P.S. I mean my own error above when I said "a 5, 6, 7, J, Q, or K can do the job. That's uh... a lot of outs". The 5 & K are NOT outs, as you'd have the straight without them. The 5 is only an out if a 6 or 7 ALSO hits for the butt end of a straight. The K is only an out if a J or Q also hits or a higher straight.

Last edited:
Full Flush Poker Top 10 Games