KK vs AA

B

barbwire7186

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everybody likes to get pocket aces but sometimes they can be your downfall if not played right. barbwire7186:icon_quee

N

newjerseykid99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aces are the better hand but if the AA slowplays and a flush draw come out kk coul take it down

S

skyeyes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with DevilCat, if I'm holding kings and an ace hits the board, I'm out if the stakes are high. On the other hand, aces only seem to be good to me against one player, if mutiple people stay in, aces become a lot weaker.

P

paradocks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As mentioned it really depends on your predicament, but also I will play pairs differently
against different opponents. At a table with people who are very aggressive and tend
to not get out of the way when they should, I'll place a much larger bet preflop, whereas against good players a big raise would just waste the hand when everyone folds and I take down a minimum size pot. Of course its good to throw in the variations too... sometimes I like to check those high pairs on the flop if theres a person behind you who's raised you nearly every single hand you try to limp into and I'm just waiting
to catch him with an allin checkraise.

D

disquinox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we have a saying where i play

kk= suicide kings everyone seems to loose with them - slow play them, all in catch a 3rd king you are doomed, fold those bastards pre-flop, even if you are big blind and noone has raised!

the other day on paradise i was big blind and got AA and was pretty happy, a lot of action so i did the minimum raise when it got back to me, a few raises and then some one went all in. i was licking my lips, then he revealed AA as well. Oh well i thought, split pot, there was alot of extra cash from the action - the bastard got an ace high flush and i was roosted

Last edited:
S

scratch_man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to be in that situation when I have the KK.

MsStyque

MsStyque

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorn said:
KK is a cursed had for me. the odds are almost always:thefinger aginst me....

My curse seems to be KA. Don't feel I cannot play it but almost always get beaten with it.

M

MercilessKiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like KK myself... I like it better than AA cos u know if u raise and soemone calls and an A comes on board, your beaten. With AA you can only assume whats beating you which makes things more difficult..

Worst thing happened to me ova day.. someone goes all in, i call with KK, he has AA... I lost.. Day after had another game.. I got AA, someone goes all in with KK, I call, K on flop.

Now thats bad luck.. was with same person as well... thats £20 i lost in 2 days! Oh well.

T

takua

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, every time I get KK I lose to some miracle card. Well, that is except for all the times I forgot that I won.

Keep in mind that we tend to remember our tough beats much more easily than our great victories with KK. KK vs Ax is around 70% favored. Please beat me with that stick of being all in preflop with KK vs Ax. Please let me play that exact situation for thousands of dollars every hand over and over and over until I'm living in a mansion.

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense, but I cant believe the thought put into figuring out that AA is a better hand than KK...

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Again, another instance that I am sure is making baby jesus cry.

Extra, extra, read all about it....we here at the Cardschat Department of Factual Statement of the Obvious have come to the conclusion, after many hous of deliberation, that pocket aces are in fact, a favorite against an opponents pocket Kings. I would go into further detail about this phenomenon, but we are still working on many current projects. We have almost decided that going "all-in" with the stone cold nuts is a good idea. More to come.

F

FrankieGreen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

I still laugh make fun of my one friends because twice in the same night i beat his pocket AA. With KK and with KQ. I know the odds werent in my favor but it felt good beating his AA twice within 1 night.:toilet:

P

pokerdean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA should win 99x out of 100 but it doesnt on internet poker the underdog is never as much as an underdog as they seem ,, they seem to make the worst hand turn round and bite ya in the ass

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crippler450 said:
No offense, but I cant believe the thought put into figuring out that AA is a better hand than KK...
ya i can't believe there are 3 pages for this damn thread

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol diablo, and yes the fact that there are 3 pages to this shows how overrated these hands are.

B

Bralynn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I can ever fold KK pre-flop in a cash game is against a re-reraise all-in from a tight player, who ALSO knows that I am a tight player. He wouldn't do it with QQ or AKs, only with Aces, 99% of the time, unless he is tilted.

Usually with KK, the only way you can let it go is with an Ace on flop.

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerDean your numbers are seriously off.
For the record, If I have KK, and they run into AA, all my money will most likely be in the middle pre-flop, and I will lose my ENTIRE stack 81% of the time.

Bill