KK vs AA

B

best999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everytime I get pocket Ks I always lose. An Ace always comes on the flop and i have to fold because someone raises a lot. On the other hand when I got Aces i like the push the blins high.:icon_king

C

Cabfed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
problems with KK

Too many people go all in with KK when a A-3 can call and hit an A and win the best is to make a heavy bet but ready to fold K-K if you get reraised.:dontknow:

E

endostank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA gets people in trouble when you start slow playing preflop...make sure you get enough people out then read into the flop...protect those rockets

D

Deezgnutz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen party poker deal out AA vs. KK many times... a lot during the first hand of a tourney... has anyone else seen this?

R

ryguy1418

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA vs KK.....the KK is dominated bad, its not a slight advantage. hehe

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA vs KK

Lost with KK to A2o/s at the heads up stage of a tourney last night, I was on the big blind and was raised into so I reraised all in, got called and seen the flop come down A 2 6 :icon_puke that was all she wrote, dont think its worth going all in with KK only with AA, AK suited tends to win me more anyway .

P

policy_maker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate pocket aces, but like playing the kk's

onebigblue

onebigblue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like my chances with either hand please deal them to me every other time . i mlike to use my physcic power of will like maverick to make my hand win lol

C

chrisjej

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what are the odds of something like AD, AH against 67S?

The_Missnary

The_Missnary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ThECreWKiLLa said:
that is probably the best situation u wanna be in with AA u dont wanna see suited connectors.
That's right. I forgot the exact hand but it was something like 7-6 suited is the best hand to have when going up against a high pocket pair because of the straight and flush possibilities..

M

mccarthp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your all forgetting one thing chip stack and table position. If your short stacked at the table and have KK/AA push your chips all in there is no way in hell you would slow play them in that situation. On the other hand if you have a reasonable stack compared to everyone else at the table i would check or call the BB with KK just to see the flop. This has worked for me plenty of times. Out of all the times I have had KK and checked/called the BB, I probably flopped a set 75% of the time.

onebigblue

onebigblue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mccarthp said:
your all forgetting one thing chip stack and table position. If your short stacked at the table and have KK/AA push your chips all in there is no way in hell you would slow play them in that situation. On the other hand if you have a reasonable stack compared to everyone else at the table i would check or call the BB with KK just to see the flop. This has worked for me plenty of times. Out of all the times I have had KK and checked/called the BB, I probably flopped a set 75% of the time.
check pocket aces and die /chris fergesson/howard lederer

T

tsline13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing to do with pocket aces is to raise a lot. Pockets aces are not as good as they sound. They lose a lot if you do not know how to bet with aces. With aces you want to stay away of flops with straight draws, flush draws, or any pair on the board. This way the only way to lose is to two pair. Make sure you raise a lot before flop because this way you can kinda of guess at what your opponent has because you know he/she would have had to call with something good.

O

one 4 u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would rather have the kk. i seem to win more than with AA. bigger pots too.

J

johndoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces v Kings

It doesn't really matter what pocket pair you have if its verse a overpair the odds are the same. AA vs KK is just difficult because it is very difficult to lay down kings preflop and almost nobody ever does. After the flop is another story and people generally are overly attached to big pocket pairs due mainly to the expectation of winning with them which is often overexaggerated

xxxmonsterxxx

xxxmonsterxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tsline13 said:
The best thing to do with pocket aces is to raise a lot.
With AA i like to just call the blind (especially when i am early to act). That way i let someone else at the table make the raise for me and i can quietly play a huge hand before i psychologically rape them as i turn over my rockets. Even if there are more people in the hand than there would have been if i raised, i would still rather take my chances of seeing a shiesty flop than scaring everyone away preflop with a monster hand. (obviously this strategy would change in different situations: i.e. if i have the big stack at the table)

Last edited:
I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is nonsense man.The odds of AA losing against 77 are more than AA losing against KK cause the 77 hand gives you more straights.

G

gotti725

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RhiNy6705 said:
KK vs AA is a pretty well known match in the poker world. If you have the AA, you have a slight advantage. If the Flop shows lets say a Q K A, you still have the advantage even thought your opponant has 3 of a kind also. If the community finishes with a K, you have lost because of 4 of a king - but that is more then likely NOT to happen:D[/QUOTE one other big head ache is Poc K"s you can't really play em big because what if you get A 2 4 on board well you know that the A will crush you then u havve the chasers looking for strs. so thats another one of those you got to wait till end to make your move the pr of A's will make a bet for you too feel out and then you know you K's are no good

icepari said:
This is nonsense man.The odds of AA losing against 77 are more than AA losing against KK cause the 77 hand gives you more straights.
hey i was wondering since you knew the odds of A's and 7's was that in a book and if so are there any books out there that give you hand odds i know there are Poker strategy books but what about ones that tell you odds of your hand against others.

Last edited:
N

napoleon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have gotten beat with my trip Aces before, by a straight, i was furious.

I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotti i don`t know about books you can always do the math yourself but go check
www.pokerlistings.com On the main page is a odds calculator you can choose your hand and your opponents hand you can calculate the odds then.If you can add the flop and check the odds now.And of course you can add the turn.Hope this will help you.But anyway KK is the biggest underdog against AA together with 22 cause they can make just two straights and when you have two A they almost have no chance for on of the straights.So everytime i have AA i hope my opponent has a KK and not some shitty 66 with 5 possible straights

J

johndoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pair vs Pair

The odds of any pocket pair vs a larger pocket pair is approximately 4 to 1 or 80% to 20% of course it deviates slightly with different straight and flush possibilities but is basicly the same or within a percentage point in all pair vs pair confrontations and any differences brought on by the suits and or straight draws availible to different pairs in negligible

I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK to finish this here are the exact odds for AsAc against KhKd -81.1% acec wins
0.4% they draw 18.6 % Kings wins.And here is AsAc against 7h7d- 79.7%acec
0,3 draw and 20.1 sevens wins

H

handycap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So the question i have is do you slow play AA or raise lots (how much) or do you go all in. Or is there to many situations for someone to answer me.

I

icepari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are shrot on chips you go all in cause you need some chips even little.If you are lets say chip leader you must at least i think like this slow play them in order to win as much as you can.No one is going to pay an all in on the chip leader unless he has monster hand KK QQ AK .

Q

QuaDZaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK and AA are the best hands to do all in, but if u are KK and play V AA, this is real bad luck... :p