How to play: K6,k7,k8,q4,q5,q6,q7

L

losts0ul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with greywind, u'll lose more money than gain with those hands.

M

Mighty Kites

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get out unless the pot odds are way too good to pass up.

J

JulieK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In late position and unlikely to get raised behind, you can play them. But unless the flop hits you in two places, the hand goes in the muck. But, if you catch and show, then you get labelled as a donk, which could be beneficial later.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times these are useless hands, they have less than a 12-15% chance of winning in a preflop situation.

Now, if you are playing on the right table, with the right group of players you can use these hands to make steals at the blinds.

Sometimes (especially with a big chip stack) I will let myself bluff away some chips with these type of hands just to show how 'loose' I am. Next time I have a real hand I get some good action.

:cool:

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What site do you play on and where are you sitting?....cause I would love to play you right now haha (kidding)....and Julie do a report of hands like k6 Q6 etc....you'll probably be surprised on how much you've lost on them....they aren't profitable unless maybe you're playing hu...

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally best to simply fold these hands. I suppose if you're on the button or small blind, you might want to use a standard raise and try to take down the blinds. However, you're not likely to know what to do against a caller, even if you flop top pair, and will almost certainly need to fold a raise.

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited in late position with not raise Ks K8 all the way down to K2 is an acceptable play. You might even argue folding K9 or K10 if you are on a really tight aggressive table.

Unsuited in the same position it is an easy fold.

Middle position suited or not easy fold.

Early position you might mix it up once in a while with a raise to steal the blinds. But mostly it is an easy fold.

BB no raise check.

SB no raise call.

Min raise from SB or BB. The best option is to fold. You are in a terrible position ofer the flop, and as the others had said, if you hit top par you have kicker issues to contend with.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone want to offer an analysis on these types of hands? I am playing in 1/2 NL cash games with decent players, some tight, some loose..overall no donkeys...just started playing with moderate success...BUT I get these hands a lot, suited or unsuited Ks,Qs,Js with mid cards: 4,5,6,7....thanks.

wow, I don't even know where to begin!!! First off you are asking about 2nl, there are no good 2nl players and that's where you are probably confused. The hands you are asking about are for advanced players playing in a lot higher stakes with other advanced players. I think you have been watching too much poker on TV and you have a misconception of the game. You are not good enough to know when to play these hands and against what type of players. I'm not talking down to you, I don't play these hands often at all nor do I play stakes where you can play these hands profitably. You are either going to win a small pot with these hands or wind up chasing a flush for incorrect odds with these hands and losing a big pot. In the long run at these stakes you are losing money playing these hands.

Get these hands out of your range, Hell if you aren't folding k2 suited, then what are you folding??? If you are an action player, play hands that can turn into big hands like suited connectors giving you straight and flush possibilities. K2 suited, what are you going to do with that? Hope you flop a flush or a flush draw? they are just hands that are going to cost you a lot of money to hit and when you do hit most opponents aren't stupid and they aren't going to pay you off. So chasing the flush has horrible implied odds, because your opponent knows you are chasing the flush. If he knows what he's doing, he's giving you the wrong odds to chase your flush, so when you actually hit your flush it's not going to pay for the times when you don't hit your flush. Does that make sense?

Get rid of the garbage hands at this level. Learn how to use your position to maximize profit. Learn what pot odds and implied odds are and slowly build your game that way. The biggest leak players have at these levels is they play way to many hands!!! And just by your OP I can tell that you play way too many hands!!!

A

Alwinpos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I useally try to steal blinds at them, or try to semi bluff it down at the flop.
If we make it to the turn you can be 90% sure your hand is beaten.
Unless you get extremely lucky and would hit a full house or a set right on the flop.

Get rid of the garbage hands at this level. Learn how to use your position to maximize profit. Learn what pot odds and implied odds are and slowly build your game that way. The biggest leak players have at these levels is they play way to many hands!!! And just by your OP I can tell that you play way too many hands!!!

Actually playing these hands a few times is actually a good thing. (I said few times, not all the time)
It will give other people the image of you being a loose player. If you then switch back to tightness play they might expect your bluffing or simply limped in again with a garbage hand. basicly setting them a trap.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I've learned that these hands lose me money, so I don't play them. Honestly, I'll take 67 suited over Q7 offsuit any day of the week. There's just nowhere you can go with the hand. And if you hit that Q, you just get sucked in to lose more money. Just fold them. If they're suited, you're on the button, and no one else has raised, then fine. But even then they can be rough! :)

-Dave

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually playing these hands a few times is actually a good thing. (I said few times, not all the time)
It will give other people the image of you being a loose player. If you then switch back to tightness play they might expect your bluffing or simply limped in again with a garbage hand. basicly setting them a trap.

You can't hit a set if you don't have a pocket pair to begin with!!!

When you are four tabling or even eight tabling I'm not looking at the junk you limp with. Limping is a losing strategy that loses you money over time. You will never make money and move from the micros if you continually play junk hands. However if you are in LP and it's limped around I can occasionally see limping behind to see a flop, you are priced in when you are getting five to one or six to one to see a flop. Even then I'm limping with suited connectors, ie 87, JT, 8T. Hands like J6, K6, Q7 ect. have no value.

Back to the OP. The tone of the OP gave me the impression of playing these junk hands on a regular base. Which should never be done. As many have said if you are on the button, cutoff or hijack and it's folded around to you, I can see raising here with the intensions of stealing the blinds. And mybe c betting if the bb calls the raise and checks it to you. Other than that you should be avoiding these hands, or again you will put yourself into a situation where you are winning a small pot or losing a big one!!!