Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): $241.52
SB: $272.10
BB: $355.83
UTG: $217.63
MP: $90.76
CO: $237.80

SB posts SB $1.00, BB posts BB $2.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $3.00) Hero has J<font color='red'>♥</font> J<font color='black'>♠</font>

fold, fold, CO raises to $6.00, Hero calls $6.00, SB raises to $30.00, fold, fold, Hero calls $24.00

Flop: ($68.00, 2 players) 8<font color='black'>♠</font> T<font color='black'>♠</font> 3<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB bets $50.00, Hero calls $50.00

Turn: ($168.00, 2 players) J<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB bets $192.10 and is all-in, Hero calls $161.52 and is all-in

River: ($491.04, 2 players) 8<font color='red'>♦</font>

Hero wins $488.04

Fold turn. Too many Q9 combos.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bump

cliffs:
-went on huge d/s
-gave up poker
-started playing Jackpots
-made some money
-gave up those cause they are sick
-went back to BV for cash
-feel like my game is off and need to go back to the lab
-im a nit
-on another huge d/s
-SOS

who's in?

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100nl with like 5k hands of 50nl

xVFz8RU.png

A couple of observations:

1) Need to 3b wider especially from the btn to take adv of people calling way too wide oop
2) Need to defend more from the blinds and particularly opening more from sb as we only need to win 63% of the time and I've noticed lately that people just aren't defending even near that amount.
3) Need to open up a tad bit more from LP.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to back to back posts to really boost my post count.

But to start us off here's a couple of hands

PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $720.15
Hero (UTG): $181.90
MP: $116.85
CO: $111.33
BTN: $171.13
SB: $49.00

SB posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has A:heart: A:spade:

Hero raises to $3.00, MP calls $3.00, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $14.00, Hero raises to $30.00, fold, BB calls $16.00

Flop: ($63.50, 2 players) 6:diamond: 8:heart: J:spade:
BB checks, Hero bets $33.00, BB raises to $66.00, Hero cries,

This hand is mainly a confidence thing that I need to people to tell me it's going to be okay :)

PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (CO): $128.05
BTN: $48.90
SB: $131.84
BB: $104.70
UTG: $171.62
MP: $160.60

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $9.00, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $6.00

Flop: ($19.50, 2 players) 3:club: 9:club: 2:heart:
MP checks, Hero bets $11.00, MP raises to $31.25, Hero raises to $119.05 and is all-in, MP calls $87.80

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deuces quitting poker (lol yah right) and tyler coming back... wtf is the world coming to?!

AA I: Gross. Hard to fold here without reads when there's only 9 combos of sets. But we're so deep that it's probably fine to just fold. The more garbage he has in his range that he can bluff with, but the more that also makes two pairs and whatnot. Idk just nasty. I prob cry timeout-fold.

AA II: Without the Ac in hand this probably has to be fine like 100% of the time readless at 100nl.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
H1- Deleted everything I wrote. I didn't see how deep we are. I probably go bigger pre, since were deep, maybe 35 or 36$. It sucks, but I just don't see how we are ever ahead here. The min raise tells it all imo. Only what, like 9 combos of sets? but he can also have 68/j8 if he's bad enough. Definitely 68, since it's somewhat more connected. Ugh, it makes me want to puke, since were so strong, but he literally never has air here right? I think it's incredibly rare he shows up w/anything but sets + 2 pairs after the min raise to 66. Hell, I'd be so much happier just calling off a jam tbh, but the min raise is just a big fu to us.

H2- I might get flamed for this, but I can actually find a fold here otf. Were a bit deeper than average + what's his raise/flat3b/checkflop/c/r big range here?

It's like all sets obviously right? I really struggle to see him x/r AKcc or even just two clubs like ever. If he's too passive to GII pre w/AKcc, I don't think he magically decides to x/r 3x on a 932cc board knowing it's likely he will just have to stack off.

I don't think it's a huge leak and I'm sure others are going to disagree with me, but personally, I think I can fold it otf just bc the raise/flat 3b pre + x/big check raise otf on a relatively dry board is super strong. Were at peak of our range, but idk, I think he has zero air here, so were hoping he plays TT-KK + AKcc like this.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great, another weightlifting thread.

Welcome back!

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
deuces quitting poker (lol yah right) and tyler coming back... wtf is the world coming to?!

AA I: Gross. Hard to fold here without reads when there's only 9 combos of sets. But we're so deep that it's probably fine to just fold. The more garbage he has in his range that he can bluff with, but the more that also makes two pairs and whatnot. Idk just nasty. I prob cry timeout-fold.

AA II: Without the Ac in hand this probably has to be fine like 100% of the time readless at 100nl.

H1- Deleted everything I wrote. I didn't see how deep we are. I probably go bigger pre, since were deep, maybe 35 or 36$. It sucks, but I just don't see how we are ever ahead here. The min raise tells it all imo. Only what, like 9 combos of sets? but he can also have 68/j8 if he's bad enough. Definitely 68, since it's somewhat more connected. Ugh, it makes me want to puke, since were so strong, but he literally never has air here right? I think it's incredibly rare he shows up w/anything but sets + 2 pairs after the min raise to 66. Hell, I'd be so much happier just calling off a jam tbh, but the min raise is just a big fu to us.

H2- I might get flamed for this, but I can actually find a fold here otf. Were a bit deeper than average + what's his raise/flat3b/checkflop/c/r big range here?

It's like all sets obviously right? I really struggle to see him x/r AKcc or even just two clubs like ever. If he's too passive to GII pre w/AKcc, I don't think he magically decides to x/r 3x on a 932cc board knowing it's likely he will just have to stack off.

I don't think it's a huge leak and I'm sure others are going to disagree with me, but personally, I think I can fold it otf just bc the raise/flat 3b pre + x/big check raise otf on a relatively dry board is super strong. Were at peak of our range, but idk, I think he has zero air here, so were hoping he plays TT-KK + AKcc like this.

Thanks for the feedback.

While I do think H1 is a cry fold, I think H2 we just see way too much of TT+ and add in a few combos of FD and makes it even better. But the more times we keep running into sets here its like hmmm...

Great, another weightlifting thread.

Welcome back!

Thanks. I'm a bit of a different person than before. A lot more focused and I now drink my coffee black. All about that hair on the chest am I right.

I'm going to be setting this thread up where I'll download the previous days hands at night, go through some spots and post in here, review session, and then maybe talk about some concepts that I am struggling with. I figure this way I can really capture on peak traffic when everyone wakes up in the morning to check Cardschat. But please, and I am talking about you WVH, drink your coffee before you respond. Nobody wants that sass in here.

A little update about my life if anyone is at all interested. Still am in college and I decided to take the Finance and Real Estate route. Obtained my Real Estate License in California a couple months ago but fortunately have no desire to sell houses so please do not ask me for dat 1% commission discount to live by the ocean. I find the finance industry absolutely fascinating and am going to be diving on into internships pretty soon as I graduate in December but in the meantime I'd like to make some start up cash. So between studying for school, trying to obtain internships, getting in 20hrs+ for poker, seeing the gf, working out, and doing other things to make it seem like I am focused on life, I will be on the forums! Let's do this.

200.gif

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For h2, I don't think we ever see flush draws here. Like maybe less than 5% of the time, but it's such a strong play to x/r so big, if essentially commits villain to stacks.

Maybe TT+ sometimes, but those hands are more likely to just flat and let us barrel off with AK. Playing TT+ like this is lighting $ on fire since it allows us to play perfectly, by GII with nuts and fold AK. Obv, random fish not thinking that high, but I do think random fish at 100 are thinking enough to just call those hands since it lets you bluff.

In sunmary, just a very strong move from a mediocre hand and that doesn't line up with most fish, who play very strong moves with very strong hands

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Triple post, in b4 he flips TT and just spikes a T on turn. Still, I think his range is so weighted towards sets here

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. I'm a bit of a different person than before. A lot more focused and I now drink my coffee black. All about that hair on the chest am I right.

I'm going to be setting this thread up where I'll download the previous days hands at night, go through some spots and post in here, review session, and then maybe talk about some concepts that I am struggling with. I figure this way I can really capture on peak traffic when everyone wakes up in the morning to check Cardschat. But please, and I am talking about you WVH, drink your coffee before you respond. Nobody wants that sass in here.

But coffee is what makes me sassy...

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subbed because deuces said to throw some posts in here.

Hand 1 looks like a crying fold.

Hand 2 I'm stacking off.

0.1bb/100 winrate FTW.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way we can fold hand 1 is there? Flop SPR is ~2 in a 4bet pot. I'm stacking.

I'm stacking hand 2 as well.

Retarded monkey spewtard FWIW.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way we can fold hand 1 is there? Flop SPR is ~2 in a 4bet pot. I'm stacking.

I'm stacking hand 2 as well.

Retarded monkey spewtard FWIW.

This is why you had a negative blue line and positive red line imo.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But coffee is what makes me sassy...

Let's not get started on them gingerbread latte's.

Subbed because deuces said to throw some posts in here.

Hand 1 looks like a crying fold.

Hand 2 I'm stacking off.

0.1bb/100 winrate FTW.

Welcome! Pretty mixed consensus about these two hands and in actuality they aren't going to make much of a difference in the long run imo. Like I said before, going to be doing nightly updates of the previous days session in which we can review a lot of spots and hopefully everyone can improve. Even WVH.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where's the workout updates yo

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few line checks in coming. And again, these may seem standard, but I am really trying to get back on the horse here.

H1) PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $100.00
UTG: $151.05
Hero (MP): $182.60
CO: $72.30
BTN: $172.15
SB: $134.75

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has A:diamond: J:club:

UTG calls $1.00, Hero raises to $4.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $3.00

Flop: ($9.50, 2 players) 8:club: K:spade: A:club:
UTG checks, Hero bets $6.00, UTG raises to $15.00

Top of his l/c range being utg and this board hits our perceived range strongly. What air can he have? We also block some fd's with the Jc. Just don't expect him to be raising worse Ax

H2) PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

UTG: $186.34
MP: $117.10
CO: $181.25
BTN: $99.00
Hero (SB): $168.60
BB: $89.75

Hero posts SB $0.50, BB posts BB $1.00

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.00, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($6.00, 2 players) 9:diamond: 3:heart: 2:diamond:
Hero bets $4.00, BB calls $4.00

Turn: ($14.00, 2 players) 7:spade:
Hero bets $8.00, BB raises to $19.00

Should make turn a tad bit bigger but his turn sizing seems pretty gross to me.

H3) PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

UTG: $168.44
MP: $315.75
Hero (CO): $127.30
BTN: $89.16
SB: $167.84
BB: $96.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $1.50) Hero has A:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to $3.00, fold, Hero calls $3.00, fold, fold, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($9.50, 3 players) Q:diamond: 9:heart: K:spade:
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $6.00, BB calls $6.00, fold

Turn: ($21.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
BB checks, Hero bets $13.00, BB raises to $31.00

Also who wants to call me a nit for folding.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
H1- Since he limped UTG, it's safe to assume he's a fish. I'm probably peeling flop, reevaluating on turn. We have TPGK, he can limp Ax, raise bc he has top pair here. He's a fish, its hard to put him on a specific range w/these different actions this early imo. Think your on the right track that depending on turn sizing, we may have to release.

H2- I'm definitely calling. Not folding overpair yet. Esp since were IP, we can evaluate rivers.

H3- I'm not folding tbh. If he has a made boat, good for him, but I don't see KQ/K9 playing it this way too often. A turn x/r is so strong and w/K9 or KQ, he's pretty much got nuts no matter what at this point.

Obviously going to suck if he flips 99/QQ, but even then, we have equity vs either one. Not much, but 7 outs vs elite part of his range. He can have tons of KJ/KT and even worse Kx here. Can have same hand as well obv.

Idk, for only 100 bbs, I probably just can't fold trip K's w/the A. If we were deeper, its different obv. But on BV, I just can't fold here.

It's close though, someone else who's nittier than me might not have a problem folding here.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
H1- Since he limped UTG, it's safe to assume he's a fish. I'm probably peeling flop, reevaluating on turn. We have TPGK, he can limp Ax, raise bc he has top pair here. He's a fish, its hard to put him on a specific range w/these different actions this early imo. Think your on the right track that depending on turn sizing, we may have to release.

H2- I'm definitely calling. Not folding overpair yet. Esp since were IP, we can evaluate rivers.

H3- I'm not folding tbh. If he has a made boat, good for him, but I don't see KQ/K9 playing it this way too often. A turn x/r is so strong and w/K9 or KQ, he's pretty much got nuts no matter what at this point.

Obviously going to suck if he flips 99/QQ, but even then, we have equity vs either one. Not much, but 7 outs vs elite part of his range. He can have tons of KJ/KT and even worse Kx here. Can have same hand as well obv.

Idk, for only 100 bbs, I probably just can't fold trip K's w/the A. If we were deeper, its different obv. But on BV, I just can't fold here.

It's close though, someone else who's nittier than me might not have a problem folding here.

I don't fold any of them.

I agree about H1 since he can be raising worse Ax for "information", but what do we think they can be raising in the other hands? Do we really think they raise worse Kx on this board for H2? Also what is your plan on certain rivers for H3?