How to be a Balla

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow!

There's more to meets the eye, meaning, behind my 'lol'd so hard' post, there was justification to why what you said was laughable, it was not just some non thoughtless aggfish comment because he didn't make a c-bet on a dry board albeit 3 handed that we bet for value on latter streets with our 9s kinda thing.
I know for a fact that its +ev to be value betting 9s here the majority of the time, villain dependent.. Will go into more detail when I'm not out of the house and using my phone, a lot easier/quicker for me to do the 'numbers' tomo.
But for you not to see that this is a value bet scenario then I'm sure there are other similar instances that you are missing out on, value wise..
You can do the 'numbers' if your bothered to, but making assumptions without any done is making your point that its a 'super optimistic v-bet' non entertain-able imo.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a ridiculously wide calling range for both players. Hand 1 is the button 2 is the BB. Note that this has to be >50% for it to be a vbet. Even if they both literally have 100% of 6x/5x hands preflop and call all of them on the river along with 100% of pairs, it's still not a profitable vbet.

Board: Ad Ah 6c 5c 3s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 45.431% 45.16% 00.27% 30444 180.00 { 9c9d }
Hand 1: 24.294% 24.01% 00.29% 16183 193.00 { KK-66, 44, 22, A9s-A2s, K6s-K5s, Q6s-Q5s, J6s-J5s, T6s-T5s, 96s-95s, 86s-85s, 75s+, 65s, 54s, A9o-A2o, K6o-K5o, Q6o-Q5o, J6o-J5o, T6o-T5o, 96o-95o, 86o-85o, 75o+, 65o }
Hand 2: 30.275% 29.99% 00.29% 20215 193.00 { TT-22, AQs-A2s, K6s-K5s, Q6s-Q5s, J6s-J5s, T6s-T5s, 96s-95s, 86s-85s, 75s+, 65s, 54s, AQo-A2o, K6o-K5o, Q6o-Q5o, J6o-J5o, T6o-T5o, 96o-95o, 86o-85o, 75o+, 65o }

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I see you don't include some of his calling range on turn but that's cool because I assume its only done for the river v-bet.

Anyway, based on your numbers it's perfectly ok to value bet here, we just need to incorporate villain tendencies appropriately whenever we do so and thus any river v-bet size we make, the bet on the turn is fine considering the extra range of hands that you don't incorporate into the stats that are calling/ folding worse/better..

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also please don't take this the wrong way but one thing I have noticed is at lower stakes a lot of people will see a video or hear about hands and think the secret to moving up is being more aggressive and they end up just blindly being too aggressive without thinking through what ranges look like and what their aggression accomplishes. I think this hand is likely an example of that. OP is trying to play aggressive and thinks there's a chance he has the best hand and can get called by worse and bet

Or OP sees a potential +ev value bet vs 2 fish but sure we can go with one of your many "not to be a dick", "no offense" generalizations

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Value bet with the 99 looks standard to me.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see you don't include some of his calling range on turn but that's cool because I assume its only done for the river v-bet.

Anyway, based on your numbers it's perfectly ok to value bet here, we just need to incorporate villain tendencies appropriately whenever we do so and thus any river v-bet size we make, the bet on the turn is fine considering the extra range of hands that you don't incorporate into the stats that are calling/ folding worse/better..

Yeah was just talking about hands he gets to and calls the river with. For our bet to be +ev we have to have >50% against that range. I understand there are a few other hands he can call with that we beat I didn't include, but a few of the hands I put in are also optimistic and they won't call with close to 100% frequency either.

Do you seriously think either fish is every folding better though?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah was just talking about hands he gets to and calls the river with. For our bet to be +ev we have to have >50% against that range. I understand there are a few other hands he can call with that we beat I didn't include, but a few of the hands I put in are also optimistic and they won't call with close to 100% frequency either.

Never folding better and I think it's thin against a single opponent and a pretty bad bet vs 2.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think I got the stats wrong so let's see if this changes anything

BB is 23/2 and BTN is 25/15 cb 17%

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 2 would you always 3bet the nuts on the flop, Also if you do i like 14-15
Hand 3 It looks like you always 3bet the nuts on the flop, Also same you more than 3x the reraise again.

Yes I always 3b the flop with the nuts vs fish? lol I don't get it. It seems like your worried about being balanced

And why are you suggesting a smaller raise size when my sizing set up a good sizing shove for the next street?

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

No, we dont need >50%, we just need to adjust our value bet accordingly...

Yes, obv course, a certain % of the time the BU is going to be folding better consid there is a bet/call before him, there potentially is an overcard to his pp range..

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, we dont need >50%, we just need to adjust our value bet accordingly...

Yes, obv course, a certain % of the time the BU is going to be folding better consid there is a bet/call before him, there potentially is an overcard to his pp range..

What? Even if we bet 1 cent, for it to be profitable the range of hands he calls the 1 cent with has to be <50% against us. That's how value bets work...

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What? Even if we bet 1 cent, for it to be profitable the range of hands he calls the 1 cent with has to be <50% against us. That's how value bets work...

I find this all very amusing.

Wow really, is that how they work, jeez thanks for the heads up bro...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find this all very amusing.

Wow really, is that how they work, jeez thanks for the heads up bro...
So if you know that's "how they work" why would you say something as stupid as "No, we dont need >50%, we just need to adjust our value bet accordingly"???

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it'd be waste not to bet.

Shit didnt re-read the hand, thought the turn got checked through as well, hence why I thought a value bet was so obvious.

I prefer a check, doubt we're ever ever ever getting called by 88- enough to make up for the times we get caught by Ax.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to Become a Balla? Surround yourself with them?

Untitled_zpsc4e2fd37.png
[/IMG]

freidsn_zpsb1b848ef.png

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this thread reminds me of this movie i watched with these two guys who go on a mountain and then have gay sex

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tyler give me $2.079.99 plus shipping&handling.
If you were a true balla,you be like"no prob here ya go JB enjoy,while i sip on my balla latte"