P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Hi,

i got a question, should you call an All In Preflop with AKs or should you fold (In Cashgames) ?The risk is high that the opponent got AA. He could even win with JJ, QQ or any lower Pair. How do you handle that ?

Greetings
PeteBoy

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in cashgames i personally would only call an all in if i have an a lot higher stack then my opponent

OR if i am short stacked myself . for example if i had 500 € in the beginning and have only 80€ left i would be willing to push all in with AK

in any other situation it is not worth it . because think about it if he/she has any pocket pair even 22 then you are a coin flipping and are a small underdog even

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is not easy to answer that. When it comes to the fact that you could lose with this hand then I have to say you can lose with any hand even with AA and you can't do anything other than simply accept it. When it comes to how you should play AK, I can only say other circumstances arise. Ak is not always the same AK under some circumstances, it may be good to push her right away, but sometimes it would be better to take a look first and not go all in right away. First, see how you are at the table. How many stacks do you have and what is your position. And then look at your opponents how they play and then you have to decide whether you want to push it all in or simply leave it at the 3 bet and look at the flop first. The good thing about Allin is that if you win you get a lot more chips, the bad thing is that if you lose, you lose everything right away. It is then of course also due to how much chips you have and how much your opponent has. As a rule, I always try to avoid an all in preflop, but today, for example, I had AKs and I thought I'd give it a try. So I went all in preflop and there were 2 who called me. At the showdown, I had 2 high cards and my opponent won with 57, who had picked up straight with the 7, i.e. 7-J. It can always happen that you also lose the better cards against worse ones

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a far to complex game to be asking broad questions like "should you call an All In Preflop with AKs or should you fold" It's entirely situation dependent. If it's calling a jam BvB I'm pausing to fist pump before I get my money in, where as if it's UTG v UTG+1 I couldn't get the cards in the muck faster. Find yourself a good set of preflop ranges for the stakes you are playing. (GTOWizard has some good ones as do sites like overnight monster if you sign up for an account on their sites)

Once you have that as a good baseline you can alter your decision based on what you think villain is doing in any given spot.

But there is no one size fits all advice in poker really, your job is to figure out the most profitable decision in each spot, not "Can I do this action every time without thinking or questioning it"

T

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Flip a coin friend. I personally wouldn't but like the guys say every situation is different.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
At a cash table, which I'm generally not a fan of, I think everything should happen by reading your opponent.
I really don't like cash tables because I've found a lot of bingo players. When there is one of these, I only pay with pocket pairs, especially the monster pairs AA KK and JJ. With AK of the same suit you would also pay for the combination in your favor of 25% of the cards to make a move in the showdown.
I would also have to look at my stack, really see how I make a profit at the table. To be honest, if you're sweetly won, it's easier than if you're losing.
I don't really believe much in positions at the cash tables, you have players who open from any position with anything.
There are no words if you have a player at the table who totally believes it's his lucky day and is playing with you like a slot machine. You leave with the manual AK and it paid you with 24 and the flop came out 224 and to hell with your manual and your strategy.
What's more, look yesterday in an MTT a player opened with 2 BB with AA from UTG, the MP only paid him with JJ and since they only raised a miniraise, I humbly paid BB with my 45... and the flop came out 455 and without leaving on the other streets a J or an A the play ended. This is also how luck influences. Likewise, I still believe that strategy prevails, but often any strategy or good move is destroyed by the luck factor.
This is my humble contribution
Greetings friend:):):) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the game you are playing and the situation that day.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of a couple of things, like my position, my read of the other player and my chip stack. But in general if I have my initial full stack and with no read about the other player, I usually fold.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

i got a question, should you call an All In Preflop with AKs or should you fold (In Cashgames) ?The risk is high that the opponent got AA. He could even win with JJ, QQ or any lower Pair. How do you handle that ?

Greetings
PeteBoy
there is no unequivocal decision here and we must always act according to the situation, a lot will depend on what kind of stack we have and what kind of stack our opponent has, his statistics will also matter, whether he plays tight or aggressively

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
be brasyvat takuyu ruku dumayu not stoit is oshibka jerk is from the position of games but still ruka excellent against dro ruki

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would if I have less the 25 bb in this game

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is in the top 2-3% of the best starting hands in No Limit Hold'em. Even without knowing it, you may find that this starter should be very likely given that it consists of very two high cards in the deck.

You should always raise this hand preflop when the fold folds to you, regardless of your position. watching limps at all costs, no matter how tempting it is to "set a trap" with AK. Otherwise, you'll win less money over the course of the game if you use this tricky but misguided preflop line.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it depends of differents situations. You must analyze your opponents, the type of the table and other important aspect is your stack 😃

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know what opponent can go all in with more weak pair why not?

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play spin and go allin AK preflop is the most standard, although in other modalities I think it is not very common, even more so if you have many blinds

RafaCastelo

RafaCastelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
At a cash table, which I'm generally not a fan of, I think everything should happen by reading your opponent.
I really don't like cash tables because I've found a lot of bingo players. When there is one of these, I only pay with pocket pairs, especially the monster pairs AA KK and JJ. With AK of the same suit you would also pay for the combination in your favor of 25% of the cards to make a move in the showdown.
I would also have to look at my stack, really see how I make a profit at the table. To be honest, if you're sweetly won, it's easier than if you're losing.
I don't really believe much in positions at the cash tables, you have players who open from any position with anything.
There are no words if you have a player at the table who totally believes it's his lucky day and is playing with you like a slot machine. You leave with the manual AK and it paid you with 24 and the flop came out 224 and to hell with your manual and your strategy.
What's more, look yesterday in an MTT a player opened with 2 BB with AA from UTG, the MP only paid him with JJ and since they only raised a miniraise, I humbly paid BB with my 45... and the flop came out 455 and without leaving on the other streets a J or an A the play ended. This is also how luck influences. Likewise, I still believe that strategy prevails, but often any strategy or good move is destroyed by the luck factor.
This is my humble contribution
Greetings friend:):):) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
very nice said

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

Greetings
PeteBoy
try not to go all in pre flop. I still have that problem. Its just to good to pass up

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In each game session, sooner or later, an exciting moment comes: is it worth moving all the chips remaining in front of you forward. AK gold Great profitable odds. Ace-King of the same suit, or Big Slick, as it is affectionately called, is the best hand in poker. This is a hand that, if played correctly, can win you big pots or lose small ones. Unlike the other top five hands in Hold'em, this is not a pocket pair. One of the most well-known nicknames in poker is the slippery hand. It can bring big wins or big losses, so this card should be played according to the situation.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I do play a lot cash games. I never go all in with that hand unless you know that the other payer is loose and if my bankroll is very high

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
cash games no.tournys i would cause there range will be a lot better...

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to think in ranges, there are poker calculators, you can calculate and decide whether you are ready to go to the olyn, a lot also depends on the opponent

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you will lose to AA, but the other hands, you have a lot of equity to play with.
It's just my opinion.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you think that your opponent has AA, then go for it.

Your opponents will fold/chop/lose often enough with KK-22/AK(s)/etc often enough for your AK to have >50% equity.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is in the top 2-3% of the best starting hands in No Limit Hold'em. Even without knowing it, you may find that this starter should be very likely given that it consists of very two high cards in the deck.

You should always raise this hand preflop when the fold folds to you, regardless of your position. watching limps at all costs, no matter how tempting it is to "set a trap" with AK. Otherwise, you'll win less money over the course of the game if you use this tricky but misguided preflop line.
I was with you until the part about setting a trap. AK is a great hand to mix into your range for trapping.

1. It's unexpected. You can't only trap with AA/KK, otherwise your opponents will always fold when you attempt to trap.
2. It 's a powerful hand, post-flop. When you connect with the flop, or pick up a draw, you connect/draw BIG. If you don't, then you still have Ace-High/King-Kicker.
3. Your opponents will give you more credit for the hand that you are representing, AA/KK. When you have AK, you opponent is less likely to hold an Ace or King, and more likely to believe that you have AA/KK.