Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always liked your post HooDooKoo and got a lot of respect for your game/thought process and am pretty glad that our thought process is very similar in this spot.
Thanks for the compliment, and I'm glad I was able to provide some useful insight. Also, even if it turns out that you were way ahead, I wouldn't beat yourself up over this fold. I get folds like this one wrong, too --- but I get enough right that, on balance, I save myself money with folds in these spots when I identify my villains correctly.

I agree with HooDooKoo, calling can't be an option.

I'm a little nitty, but I think I would fold here. Can't wait to see what villain had lol

Nothing wrong with being a little nitty, as long as you aren't so nitty that it can't easily be exploited. I'm somewhat nitty, too, but I generally know which villains I have to call down light.

Be well, and run well --- both of you.

-HooDooKoo

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Furthermore, I would like to clarify calling versus shoving in this spot. In my opinion, the WORST thing you can do in this spot is call. You give up the initiative, you look weak(ish), and there are so many scary cards for any combo draw (which you suspect) that the turn can easily get UGLY for you. If you think you're ahead (and willing to accept the risk that you're crushed by a set or massive combo draw), then you should be shoving and charging any draw as heavily as possible while also picking off any air or weak (other pocket pair/mid-par) bluffs. With so many potential bad turn cards, you just leave yourself open to a tougher decision on the turn facing a much larger bet --- and that's shitty poker. So the correct play here is shoving or folding. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

Even with the amount of money left in their stack you think its shove or fold?

The pot is around $11 before he calls, and they both have effectively another $20 behind. So you're saying that reraising from a $7 bet to a $23 bet is better than a call? I don't know about that.

If this was closer to 100bb total I would agree, but this is kind of an edge case where there is enough left in the stacks (almost 100bb behind) that shoving is pretty ballsy.

You have enough equity - if you put them on a range - that you may be ahead. If you shove then the only hands that call are ones that likely beat you. That sounds bad to me.

If I call here I may induce a bluff on the next card, something my shove will NEVER do. While I still may be getting my entire stack in the middle, I am doing it under circumstances that are MORE LIKELY to be profitable.

I just don't see how a shove could be right here, you are just absolutely eliminating all the hands that we beat and all the hands that may want to bluff.

In my opinion call, fold, shove.

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addressing everyone who supports the call... Keep in mind that the Hero would be limping the rest of the hand with no real outs other than Kc. Given that he would have no control over the hand whatsoever. However, I have a strong suspicious that the Villain was fishing for the flush/straight/2 pair/A9. However, I do not think he had the set. Even though the set was all over his range, he would likely limp it if he had it. His bet was not very rational, however it seemed to be a blinded raise (I deduce he was protecting a vulnerable hand). There were too many draws and limping the hand would be very dangerous. Shove/Fold scenario, very well analyzed by the Hero.

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Addressing everyone who supports the call... Keep in mind that the Hero would be limping the rest of the hand with no real outs other than Kc. Given that he would have no control over the hand whatsoever. However, I have a strong suspicious that the Villain was fishing for the flush/straight/2 pair/A9. However, I do not think he had the set. Even though the set was all over his range, he would likely limp it if he had it. His bet was not very rational, however it seemed to be a blinded raise (I deduce he was protecting a vulnerable hand). There were too many draws and limping the hand would be very dangerous. Shove/Fold scenario, very well analyzed by the Hero.

That is assuming that we are behind and that this is never a bluff.

Again, if we shove we are only getting called by the strongest part of the villains range. Why would we only want to play against the best cards he could be holding?

If we call then all the bluffs, weak draws, and worse hands are still there.

Shoving is literally the worst thing you can do.

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Again, if we shove we are only getting called by the strongest part of the villains range. Why would we only want to play against the best cards he could be holding?

You are right, but the Question is would the Villain call with his range. Keep in mind if we raise the Villain still has the option to fold. Not saying he will, but also he may have air and that is always a possibility. Either way, I wouldnt recommend the call.

M

madmonster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking if u have a AK and someone has 45 SUITED for a straight flush an the board is AAA23 should it matter that the guy that has AK he will have a 4 of a kind doesn't need the k to make anything cuz he has 4 of a kind shouldn't it be a jackpot I heard someone got this and I was thinking u need to play both cards but the k kicker should have to match anything because its 4 of a kind k kicker wht do u guys think????

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think villians raise was pot committing and he was never folding anything but air, he would call with any draws and probably top pair.

Last edited:
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with the amount of money left in their stack you think its shove or fold?

The pot is around $11 before he calls, and they both have effectively another $20 behind. So you're saying that reraising from a $7 bet to a $23 bet is better than a call? I don't know about that.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. And I'm standing behind that statement wholeheartedly.

If this was closer to 100bb total I would agree, but this is kind of an edge case where there is enough left in the stacks (almost 100bb behind) that shoving is pretty ballsy.

You have enough equity - if you put them on a range - that you may be ahead. If you shove then the only hands that call are ones that likely beat you. That sounds bad to me.

Please explain to me how shoving if HERO "may be ahead" is a bad play. Calling and hoping HERO stays ahead of a potential 15-out draw is a better play? What additional information does calling give us? NONE. So how does that prepare HERO to handle a much bigger bet from the villain on the turn? IT DOESN'T.

Shoving eliminates all bluffs, and HERO is not going to complain if he takes the pot down now with a profit of around 35 BBs. And if you don't think that players at 25NL will call off their whole stack chasing just straight or flush draws, then you're badly misinformed. If they are willing to call off their whole stack with 8 or 9 outs, that's great --- and highly profitable for HERO in the long run.

If I call here I may induce a bluff on the next card, something my shove will NEVER do. While I still may be getting my entire stack in the middle, I am doing it under circumstances that are MORE LIKELY to be profitable.

Yep, calling and getting all-in on the turn with no additional information is a much better play. Silly me.

I just don't see how a shove could be right here, you are just absolutely eliminating all the hands that we beat and all the hands that may want to bluff.

Have you every played poker, either live or online? If you think that people won't call off their whole stack on draws or with TPGK (9-paint), then you're not very bright or not paying very much attention.

In my opinion call, fold, shove.

Your opinion is duly noted --- and TERRIBLE advice. Those of you looking to be profitable players in the long term should completely ignore Ubercroz's "analysis". This is a CLEAR fold (my preference) or shove spot.

-HooDooKoo

Last edited:
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Here it is ladies, not the hand I expected but I am happy with the fold. I am really surprised UTG+1 didn't 3 bet me with position pre.

http://pokeit.co/share/kiPFQ/r/r

I'm glad that, as it turns out, you made the right "read" and the fold likely saved you money. The larger --- and more important point --- though, is that this fold demonstrates that you have the potential to be a very good player (if you aren't already). You can think at the table, you establish a profile for the villains at your table, and you synthesize data combining what you know with what you've seen from your opponents. Additionally, you don't get married to overpairs --- something that most people really struggle with.

Well done.

-HooDooKoo

Last edited:
IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad that, as it turns out, you made the right "read" and the fold likely saved you money. The larger --- and more important point --- though, is that this fold demonstrates that you have the potential to be a very good player (if you aren't already). You can think at the table, you establish a profile for the villains at your table, and you synthesize data combining what you know and what you've seen from your opponents --- all critical skills for poker players. Additionally, you don't get married to overpairs --- something that most people really struggle with.

Well done.

-HooDooKoo

Thanks for the good words, I actually just started playing in October when I signed up for this site and probably have less than 30k hands under my belt as of right now. I feel like my game has improved greatly in the last couple weeks since I... Dare I say it... Moved up from the micros to 25NL under rolled(also took a break and put a lot of study time in). I seem to be a winning player at this level through 5k hands, but it is hard to tell if I am running good or playing good. I feel like 25NL is more serious thus it is a little bit easier, I never would of folded KK there at the micros.
(They make me a calling station, lol)

Actually it is about 4500 hands and I am showing a profit of 17 buy ins as I write this post. I am staying at 25NL FR until I have about 50BI's and can try my hand at 6max and HU play.

Edit: I do go over my hands religiously 24 hours after a session and all signs show I am playing well while folding and calling in the right spots

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please explain to me how shoving if HERO "may be ahead" is a bad play. Calling and hoping HERO stays ahead of a potential 15-out draw is a better play? What additional information does calling give us? NONE. So how does that prepare HERO to handle a much bigger bet from the villain on the turn? IT DOESN'T.

Okay, I'll explain. If the villain is betting his entire range on the flop, which we are ahead of thats good. We beat his whole range. However if we shove the villain is only calling with the best parts of his range, which we are behind. So shoving puts us up against hands we lose value to. So you can't shove.

If we call then we still have options. We don't more information because we have likely already defined his range. Information is over rated. He is likely to bet his entire range again on the turn - which (depending on the card) we are still ahead of. If a bad card comes on the turn we can still fold, since we are likely losing. This loses us less money than a shove does.

Then, if it is a blank (more likely than not) then we can call that bluff again on the turn - or more likely shove the turn. Because at that point a call will commit us to the hand. While a call on the flop does not, because we are deep enough not to be committed.

Shoving eliminates all bluffs, and HERO is not going to complain if he takes the pot down now with a profit of around 35 BBs. And if you don't think that players at 25NL will call off their whole stack chasing just straight or flush draws, then you're badly misinformed. If they are willing to call off their whole stack with 8 or 9 outs, that's great --- and highly profitable for HERO in the long run.

We don't need to fold the bluffs. Why would we want to do that?

When a person bets - who is a good player - they bet to get worse hands to call or better hands to fold. This does neither. Yeah, it could be profitable- except when you DO get called you lose most of the time. So then, its not profitable at all. You have to get him to fold around 15x for this to be the right move.

So, if you are a winning player, consider that next time you play. your winrate may improve.

Have you every played poker, either live or online? If you think that people won't call off their whole stack on draws or with TPGK (9-paint), then you're not very bright or not paying very much attention.

I have played poker both live and online, and I win more often than I lose. Because I do pay attention. *I removed an insult here, my apologies, it was not needed*

Your opinion is duly noted --- and TERRIBLE advice. Those of you looking to be profitable players in the long term should completely ignore Ubercroz's "analysis". This is a CLEAR fold (my preference) or shove spot.

If you want to be a profitable player you should consider my analysis and consider how it will operate to help you in your games. I think folding is a fine option as well. I think you are also right that it is better than a shove. But I think a call is close, and maybe even better. Consider the math and the range you put the villain on. The Hero was ahead of the range he perceived the villain to have, in so far as equity is concerned. So a call is better if the range is what the Hero expected it to be. You can't focus on the results like that or you will not develop as a player. I'm sure you do well, and I am certain there are a number of things you do that I could learn from - so there is no reason to be abrasive or antagonistic, but consider why you are betting and what the effect is on the villain and what kinds of hands respond to what you do.

Last edited:
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I'll explain. If the villain is betting his entire range on the flop, which we are ahead of thats good. We beat his whole range. However if we shove the villain is only calling with the best parts of his range, which we are behind. So shoving puts us up against hands we lose value to. So you can't shove.

OK, several issues need clarification here.

1. The villain didn't bet the flop. He raised HERO's flop bet OOP. BIG difference.

2. We don't beat the villain's whole range. We beat a large segment of his range, but not his whole range. Again, big difference.

3. I don't give a crap about the villain's range at this point. If he's a reasonable player that's raised me OOP, he probably has me crushed or a monster draw (one where he is the favorite) --- which is why I, personally, fold here. If villain is a shitty player raising OOP on a draw (flush, straight, or combo), he likely calls a shove with said draw --- likely +EV for HERO. Further, many players will call a shove here with strong 9X combos (single-pair) --- definitely +EV for HERO. So while villain certainly calls a shove with hands that have HERO crushed (any set or two pair), he also likely calls a shove with lots of combo draws that are flips and some draws that favor HERO substantially --- and that's ignoring the 9x and possible TT and JJ that HERO crushes. I think you'd be shocked how much equity HERO has against the full range of hands that call a shove --- and shoving provides additional fold equity.

If we call then we still have options. We don't more information because we have likely already defined his range. Information is over rated. He is likely to bet his entire range again on the turn - which (depending on the card) we are still ahead of. If a bad card comes on the turn we can still fold, since we are likely losing. This loses us less money than a shove does.

4. What options do we have if we call?

5. Villain's range on the flop was like 45 hands. If that's all the range definition you need then you're a far better --- or far worse --- player than I am.

6. Information isn't overrated or position wouldn't be so important.

7. Given the villain's flop raise and sizing, he is DEFINITELY betting no matter what card turns. After a flop call by HERO, there is $18 in the pot and villain has $22 behind. Villain will making a large turn bet ($12 minimum) and pot commit himself. The only card that makes us feel any better about our hand is a king (two of them), while about 27 cards (any ace, any heart, cards that make straights, and any board pair) are scary (to differing degrees) for us. So basically, you're advocating calling $6 in a situation where almost 60% of the cards are scary and even with a blank we might still be losing --- and all this KNOWING that villain is going to make a big bet on the turn. How does this make ANY sense at all?

The above paragraph should make it very clear, even to someone that originally thought that calling the flop is the right play, that the flop is SHOVE or FOLD. End of story.

Then, if it is a blank (more likely than not) then we can call that bluff again on the turn - or more likely shove the turn. Because at that point a call will commit us to the hand. While a call on the flop does not, because we are deep enough not to be committed.

8. A blank is not more likely than not, as demonstrated above.

9. An OOP flop-raise, particularly a raise of this size, is not likely to be a bluff. It could be a semi-bluff with a strong draw, but it is almost never a bluff.

10. How deep HERO is is irrelevant. The effective stack in this hand 123 BBs, and that is all that matters.

We don't need to fold the bluffs. Why would we want to do that?

As I said above, there are almost no bluffs given this action. There are, however, plenty of strong draw semi-bluffs, and we want to charge them as much as possible to chase.

When a person bets - who is a good player - they bet to get worse hands to call or better hands to fold. This does neither. Yeah, it could be profitable- except when you DO get called you lose most of the time. So then, its not profitable at all. You have to get him to fold around 15x for this to be the right move.

11. I handled all this above. You have radically understated the range of hands that call a shove here. That is, you have narrowed the shove calling range to only hands that have us crushed --- and that just plain isn't the case.

12. I deleted the rest of your post, as, IMO, there's no useful information in there.

13. Please don't make it sound like I'm actually advocating shoving here. I made it very clear that I would fold in this spot and look for a better one. For the players that can't/won't fold here, though, I advocate shoving because calling the flop costs $6 for a tiny shot at material hand improvement and doesn't help narrow the villains range at all.

Best of luck to you.

-HooDooKoo

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its okay to fold here. Why risk too much money if you have just one pair. At the very least, 2 pair can do. Let him take the pot and proceed to the next hand.

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, several issues need clarification here.

2. We don't beat the villain's whole range. We beat a large segment of his range, but not his whole range. Again, big difference.

When I say his whole range, I mean against the entirety of his range, not every single holding contained within that range. We have equity, our hand against his range of hands.

3. I don't give a crap about the villain's range at this point. If he's a reasonable player that's raised me OOP, he probably has me crushed or a monster draw (one where he is the favorite) --- which is why I, personally, fold here. If villain is a shitty player raising OOP on a draw (flush, straight, or combo), he likely calls a shove with said draw --- likely +EV for HERO. Further, many players will call a shove here with strong 9X combos (single-pair) --- definitely +EV for HERO. So while villain certainly calls a shove with hands that have HERO crushed (any set or two pair), he also likely calls a shove with lots of combo draws that are flips and some draws that favor HERO substantially --- and that's ignoring the 9x and possible TT and JJ that HERO crushes. I think you'd be shocked how much equity HERO has against the full range of hands that call a shove --- and shoving provides additional fold equity.

I agree that this is very villain dependent, and I have probably over stated the case for calling- but I do think it is better than a shove. Though, his range should be vitally important, as it informs the rest of what we decide to do in this hand. And if you don't care about his range, then what information could you be looking for later.
Against a reasonable player we are probably beaten most of the time, but I don't see many reasonable players taking this line, against an unknown I am likely to lean towards an unreasonable player. I do think that we would get a lot of calls from hands that we beat equity wise by shoving. I think we would also get folds from hands that may stab at the pot on the turn, which is better equity for us. By keeping in all of the potential hands we have a better chance at making money - if that is the route that we decide to take. I would like to say my analysis of calling here is based upon the range of hands the OP listed as likely hands. This is not the range of hands I would necessarily put the villain on. But based on those hands, it is a +EV move to call.

While shoving will give us some value, it shifts his range to limit a number of single pair hands that are raising for god knows why (shitty players likely) that won't call a shove. They will make that bet again on the turn though. And if our alternative is to shove.... well if we get one more bet by a weaker holding then it makes our losses when we get called and lose more palatable, and evens out our variance.

I do think you are over estimating fold equity though, you can really only consider fold equity when better hands fold. I don't think many better hands will fold here. So fold equity is pretty minimal. Like you said before most of those draws are calling. It is worth considering, but I don't think is a strong reason to shove.

4. What options do we have if we call?

Essentially fold or shove. We do get to see what he does depending on the card.

5. Villain's range on the flop was like 45 hands. If that's all the range definition you need then you're a far better --- or far worse --- player than I am.

:D

6. Information isn't overrated or position wouldn't be so important.

Correct, betting for information is over-rated. You can't always rely on the information or assimilate it in a meaningful way. Shoving doesn't give us any MORE information that we can do anything with either. Actually only calling really gives us the opportunity for more information, so I guess that is something. But I don't really care too much about betting for information. I'm not a tournament player so I don't need it.

7. Given the villain's flop raise and sizing, he is DEFINITELY betting no matter what card turns. After a flop call by HERO, there is $18 in the pot and villain has $22 behind. Villain will making a large turn bet ($12 minimum) and pot commit himself. The only card that makes us feel any better about our hand is a king (two of them), while about 27 cards (any ace, any heart, cards that make straights, and any board pair) are scary (to differing degrees) for us. So basically, you're advocating calling $6 in a situation where almost 60% of the cards are scary and even with a blank we might still be losing --- and all this KNOWING that villain is going to make a big bet on the turn. How does this make ANY sense at all?

Excellent point. We do have a lot of scary cards out there. I was discounting A's as something to really fret about based off of bet sizing, but it is something to be worried about. A board pair doesn't actually change anything that much. It only makes a real meaningful difference in hands that were 1 pair hands, so its hard to stress over those, because sometimes those cards made us into the winning hand. Your point still stands that there are a lot of bad cards to come on the turn. The most likely card of concern is a heart, its the most likely holding. A non heart card comes and I feel fine shoving that turn. heart comes, well probably a fold. You saved yourself some money.

The above paragraph should make it very clear, even to someone that originally thought that calling the flop is the right play, that the flop is SHOVE or FOLD. End of story.

I still think shove is the worst option. though I do have a hard time disagreeing with a fold.

9. An OOP flop-raise, particularly a raise of this size, is not likely to be a bluff. It could be a semi-bluff with a strong draw, but it is almost never a bluff.
Thats true- never really pure air. I have seen this from weak players with a single pair though, which could be a mistaken value bet, but its effectively a bluff. Shouldn't be THAT many single pair type hands on this board, but if the villain is loose it is hard to discount.

10. How deep HERO is is irrelevant. The effective stack in this hand 123 BBs, and that is all that matters.

Fully aware of this, thats why I was saying that they had nearly a full stack behind after the flop call, even though the hero has substantially more. Its deep enough for our purposes though. We can still get away even if he is committed.

11. I handled all this above. You have radically understated the range of hands that call a shove here. That is, you have narrowed the shove calling range to only hands that have us crushed --- and that just plain isn't the case.

I didn't intend to radically understate them. I was trying to be exact. most of the hands that call (the range of hands that call) is strong. Or at least stronger than the range of hands that will bet into us on the turn. I don't think that we are crushed by that range, we are just worse off against it.

13. Please don't make it sound like I'm actually advocating shoving here. I made it very clear that I would fold in this spot and look for a better one. For the players that can't/won't fold here, though, I advocate shoving because calling the flop costs $6 for a tiny shot at material hand improvement and doesn't help narrow the villains range at all.

Again, fair point - I was not intending to make that the crux of my argument. You seemed to be advocating a fold. Again, not too far off from me on that. I just think the shove is the worst move you can make here, not the second best move.

Essentially I think calling is better because it will allow me to maximize my winnings and minimize my losses.

Let me put it like this: Suppose we intend to get all of our chips in the middle of this hand, for whatever reason we have predestined our selves to do that.

Given that our chips will be entering the pot, how do we give ourselves the best chance of making the most money when that is our ultimate course of action?

If we call the flop with the intent to shove the turn, we have a similar fold equity (unless we are doing this into made hands) and we have captured a bet from the weaker hands that some percentage of the time would have folded on the flop.

So we make more money from a fold on the turn and we don't really damage our equity that much.

Now lets add in that some of the time when the turn comes and it is a card that potentially beats us. Well we fold some of the time then. That means we lose less by calling than we would by shoving in that instance.

Calling essentially gives us more money from the hands we beat and an opportunity to fold to the hands we lose to.

All that said -I don't mind a fold here either.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good read guys, interesting to see how different two experienced poker minds can think and both seem right haha

It seems like neither is wrong and it is more of high variance vs low variance and since I am not a very experienced player, I like the low variance route I took.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets try and break this down a little. First you have call $6.05 to win $11.90. Which means you need to have win around 50.4% of the time for this to be a break even play. If your odds to win are better than 50.4% then this is a must call +EV move.
Now lets take a minute to figure out what his likely range of hands is, and see how we stack up against it.

I took the range that you listed - though I didn't limit it down to only heart draws and I added TT+ to it.

So the range I am looking at is 99+, 77, 44, 97s, T8s, 86s, 65s, 54s, 97o. I think it would be silly to assume he is only doing this with combo draws some times he will have only a flush, sometimes only a straight draw.
Against that range we have about a 97% equity.

I think, for realities sake, we should add in some nut flush draws as well, which means an A or a ♥ will make us a loser. To narrow the range further I added A9o, and all suited A's that don't have a 4 9 or 7.
That actually had a big impact on our equity, we went all the way down to 61%. If I make it only A's with a heart draw then we drop to just north 55%.

This would have been a good call on the flop.

Woah. I have yet to read the whole thread, but I just had to stop here. This just seems so wrong.

Firstly 97% equity has to be way off. Even without using stove I can tell that this is wrong. probably somewhere in like the would be more accurate, though that will need to be checked for more exact figures.
Secondly you want to call here and cede control of the pot? So what do we do when about a bazillion of the bad turn cards come, do we give up then only after investing another chunk of money? honestly if you are willing to take this hand to the river then shoving now is the way to go. Yes you will at times be crushed, however I think given it's 25NL then I expect that at least a small amount of the time villain will call with a naked flush or similar.
I cant see calling here as being optimal, shoving I can see. I probably take a fold here for this spot just because I feel like I'm often going up against sets or gambling against a combo draw.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having read through the rest of the thread and done some thinking, I've decided that a call isn't as horrible as I thought. I still think the preferred options should be 1.fold 2.shove 3.call
As long as the thought process is there I guess calling isn't a massively -ev play. I just think it's not the correct option for this spot given how many bad turn cards there will be. Having said that I do disagree with the point mentioning fold equity since we aren't folding out any better hands or even combo draws we would other wise be flipping against. Also a paired board isn't a much of a scare card since it only improves a very small part of his range and increases our equity vs a larger part of villains range (still prefer shove over call though!)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
snap folding v someone with those stats almost always sets, rarely AA, don't see any realistic draws

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
snap folding v someone with those stats almost always sets, rarely AA, don't see any realistic draws

The sample size isn't large enough to gauge from the stats alone and discount AA since BB will squeeze here near 100% of the time. But no draws?? there are plenty of realistic combo draws on this board texture in my view including straightflush draws as well as nut flush draws.

Also I know it's being results orientated and all so shouldn't be mentioned. But it turns out villain had 4,7 so basically saying that his range is sets or AA is way off.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sample size isn't large enough to gauge from the stats alone and discount AA since BB will squeeze here near 100% of the time. But no draws?? there are plenty of realistic combo draws on this board texture in my view including straightflush draws as well as nut flush draws.

Also I know it's being results orientated and all so shouldn't be mentioned. But it turns out villain had 4,7 so basically saying that his range is sets or AA is way off.

notice the fact i said rarely, that implies discounting.
this is UTG v Button its not exactly a spot people are fist pump raising flush draws and straight draws.

overcalling button range contains all combos of sets/ and some suited connectors/suited Ax,

sets raise flop close to 100% against a range very overpair heavy range, where as draws aren't going to be very likely to raise on a board that misses an UTG range and he still bets into 2 people, one of which is UTG.

even with our sample size its going to be incredibly rare that he ever gets to the flop with a 2 pair candidate on this flop, more over it doesn't really matter as 2pair is still crushing our capped range.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is UTG v Button its not exactly a spot people are fist pump raising flush draws and straight draws.

overcalling button range contains all combos of sets/ and some suited connectors/suited Ax,

sets raise flop close to 100% against a range very overpair heavy range, where as draws aren't going to be very likely to raise on a board that misses an UTG range and he still bets into 2 people, one of which is UTG.

even with our sample size its going to be incredibly rare that he ever gets to the flop with a 2 pair candidate on this flop, more over it doesn't really matter as 2pair is still crushing our capped range.

I'm not so sure. I think a lot of micro players aren't capable of this thought process and just see a monster draw and think ZOMG awesome semibluff spot

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is up with your font size? if anything nitty players err towards passiveness with draws.

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is up with your font size? if anything nitty players err towards passiveness with draws.
No idea. For some reason my default is now set at font size 3 and even though I change it to 1 before each post, it comes out larger after being posted. I don't know if it's the computer I'm using or my account.

You're probably right, I just think that given a 30 hand sample size and the general level of 25NL players on bovoda that a lot of them will play monster draws aggressively, though I guess villain does seem a little passive

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its coming out super small rather that too big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker