Fletchdad making another stab..........

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are still afraid of the button man and the cutoff . You have to be more agressive from those 2 positions. Your c-bet % should be around 80% there. Most of the money should come from there.

Yes, you have a point. I have a problem, and I should try to sort in HEM a bunch of hands. The problem is, ATM I am playing all these hands at FT. I play a lot in the AM times for me. I see pretty much 60% the same players. In the mornings there are between 10-15 tables tops at best most of the time, and most are regs, albeit bad regs. Even worse than me, which should be a motivation for ROW players to play uNL at FTP.... I get players on my left who call a lot, and call c bets a lot. So I am tightening up my range. I tried raising a wider range, then I miss, and that is my problem. I am faced with c betting OTF and OTT with a wide range (or raising pre and giving up), and I know they wont fold any pair. I need to look in HEM to see how much is my perception, but I have been concentrating on doing exactly what you posted. But I found myself just not bothering with 70% of hands and was getting mainly those hands.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they are calling wide pre and then not letting go of a pair, I would hope that you are value betting them hard when you hit a good hand. If they are waiting for weakness, show them a little with your SD hands, and then call their river bet. If they are floating you IP, you need to consider your 2nd barrel, check/calling and check/raising ranges OTT. You do not want to always be giving up OTT when you check vs people who are floating you. Work out ways to get value, and be more difficult to play against in the process.

G

gotchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats on staying sober im sure it will help your game

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey FD whats your vpip pfr now? I hope you've closed that ridiculous gap you used to have, that was your biggest leak im sure :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey FD whats your vpip pfr now? I hope you've closed that ridiculous gap you used to have, that was your biggest leak im sure :)

19.1/16.5 last 11k hands

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I have moved down to 5nl at FTP. I am still rolled for 10NL at stars, but am getting a good handle on the FTP regs. There are always incredibly bad players there. IMO anyone having trouble at stars should try the tables at FTP, at least in the micros. There are not a lot of players, but that makes it easy to get a read on them fast.

I had a post from Chuckts, talking about being specific when you speak to a coach or a poker buddy about where you need to improve. I gave this some thought. Putting people on ranges pre (often impossible for me, but I can deal with that) and then refining the range street for street. This is defo a major weakness of mine. But, I am happy to say, I find it getting easier.

Here is the last week of hands. It is a smaller sample, but my position play seems to be getting better, I feel more comfortable playing as well.

I am trying out HEM2, and I like it a lot. I need to get more used to it and need to refine stuff, but I think it is a lot better than HEM1.

I am probably still opening too wide UTG, and not winning enough from BTN, but lol sample size. I also need to get more stats up, it is on default still.

Attachments

• FT Pos Stat.jpg
    FT Pos Stat.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 57
S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actualy this is the first time i see you winning.
One advice. Choose carrefully who you are targetting with your 3-bet. Do not 3-bet randomly with a range of hands. Choose wide oppeners that fold to 3-bet.
About the UTG opening. KQ should be at the lower end of your range. KJ if there are more LAGs at the table. Else you are in dager of being dominated most of the time when TAGs flat.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actualy this is the first time i see you winning.
One advice. Choose carrefully who you are targetting with your 3-bet. Do not 3-bet randomly with a range of hands. Choose wide oppeners that fold to 3-bet.
About the UTG opening. KQ should be at the lower end of your range. KJ if there are more LAGs at the table. Else you are in dager of being dominated most of the time when TAGs flat.

Thanks. Yea, it feels good to feel good about playing. Played 2700 hands today and am up 2 1/2 BI. Things have just started clicking the last week or so. Plus the advice and HH help, it all adds up. I need to get away from the KJs, QJs UTG. Am doing a lot more review than I used to and seeing a lot of spots that I didnt see at the table.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can you post them stats again with raise first in stat on please, i cant stress how irrelevant all the others are without them

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
can you post them stats again with raise first in stat on please, i cant stress how irrelevant all the others are without them

I played a few more hands but not too many...

Attachments

• Stats New.jpg
    Stats New.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 44
acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unopened stats look pretty good, make sure you're not opening unsuited junk like KJo,AJo from EP/MP cause 17% of hands is a lot UTG and opening unsuited broadways will most likely be an easy leak to sort out. Cant really deduce anything else from them stats, keep grinding

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you could shave off a few points from EP/MP. Why not use your EP range as MP. Then all you need to do is tighten up a bit from early.

Surely KJo is good enough for MP?

Acky wouldn't we want him to drop some of the lower ranking hands from these positions?

Or does KJ/AJ equate to bad ROI?

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flech pls put your entire stats from Button. There is something wrong there. It could be some bad beats but i want to see the complete stats because i am not sure about the postflop play. Somehow you are leaking money from that position. And hope some members with experience to comment because it is an important lesson.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The stats above are really way too small, but wanted to show that I AM listening and trying to implement suggestions.

I will try to play about 20-25K and post again.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flech pls put your entire stats from Button. There is something wrong there. It could be some bad beats but i want to see the complete stats because i am not sure about the postflop play. Somehow you are leaking money from that position. And hope some members with experience to comment because it is an important lesson.

OK, but what do you mean my entire stats? And which stats should I be showing anyway? I have HEM2 and it is on default, so I need to start tweaking it.

Button I realized today that I was having some problems when getting 3 bet.from the blinds when I opened. I had stuff like AQs, AKo, medium PP (small PP I just mucked) and various hands that I am trying to open wider with OTB. I 3 bet AQs, for example, and got 4 bet. He was a TAG so he could have had me crushed or not, but the point is, I was not sure exactly how to react.

I marked a bunch of hands and will sort through them now and post in HH. Maybe one or 2 here.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This one hurt...lol

poker stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2082123
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $22.26 - VPIP: 84, PFR: 54, 3B: 9, AF: 9,5, Hands: 91
MP: $10.72 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1,0, Hands: 159
CO: $21.58 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 2,1, Hands: 306
BTN: $6.42 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 13, 3B: 9, AF: 2,3, Hands: 105
SB: $11.65 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 1,8, Hands: 313
Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 2,3, Hands: 4384

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K :diamond: K :spade:
UTG raises to $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.10, UTG calls $0.90, CO calls $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: ($4.45) 7 :diamond: 3 :club: 4 :heart: (4 players)
Hero bets $4.00, UTG folds, CO raises to $16.20, BTN folds, Hero calls $4.90 all in

Turn: ($22.25) 5 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($22.25) 9 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $22.25
CO shows 9 :diamond: 9 :spade:
Hero shows K :diamond: K :spade:
CO wins $21.25
(Rake: $1.00)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good luck Fletchdad!! I'm following this thread, hoping you have some success!

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one hurt...lol

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2082123
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $22.26 - VPIP: 84, PFR: 54, 3B: 9, AF: 9,5, Hands: 91
MP: $10.72 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1,0, Hands: 159
CO: $21.58 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 2,1, Hands: 306
BTN: $6.42 - VPIP: 37, PFR: 13, 3B: 9, AF: 2,3, Hands: 105
SB: $11.65 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 1,8, Hands: 313
Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 2,3, Hands: 4384

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K K
UTG raises to $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.10, UTG calls $0.90, CO calls $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Flop: ($4.45) 7 3 4 (4 players)
Hero bets $4.00, UTG folds, CO raises to $16.20, BTN folds, Hero calls $4.90 all in

Turn: ($22.25) 5 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($22.25) 9 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $22.25
CO shows 9 9
Hero shows K K
CO wins $21.25
(Rake: $1.00)

This is sick. I lose a lot with pocket kings. GOOD LUCK

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Fletchdad!! I'm following this thread, hoping you have some success!

Thanks. Its so weird. I have been playing and studying poker for over 3 years, but I never got past a certain "lazy" level of motivation and focus.

I am now working on a completely new level. I wasted money on coaching, videos, and so on. Not wasted money on books cause I can re read them. But the wasted money on coaching was wasted cause I was unable to absorb and utilize the good information I was getting. The coaching in and of itself was good, I jzst was doing sessions while drinking or tired and not really spending time after digesting the info, and not making enough notes etc.

I get responses to posts and HH where I am like "I should so so past this".

But, like the thread says, another stab. Just this time its do or die.

Thanks all for the support.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, ran terrible for a while. Here are the last 20K hands, I am updating the stats, so it is including the ones I have already shown. It is all 5nl. I have played some at PS and 888 and am actually up at both sites, but not a lot of volume. I continue to play most of my hands at FTP cause my goal is to build my BR back up to 10nl, and continue from there.

I did some skype HH review and chats, and need to do some sweats, both playing and watching.

I did a LB analysis and the reports pointed out too much passive play IP and postflop.

I am starting to spot some leaks. Still missing too many.

Attachments

• POS stats NEW.jpg
    POS stats NEW.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 54
forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen, I think you might be having too many people helping you, all coming with different ideas thus screwing with your game. just get 1 or 2 guys that you can exchange information and ideas with and stick with it.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like you are losing way more than needed from the blinds. Try tightening up there. Will also mean you don't have to be worried about playing passive when OOP because you are only going to have a strong range from those positions.