ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)
I show my cards sometimes but not too often I never show a bluff because you want to keep your opponent guessing plus if you show they can pick up on your tendency so never show bluffs, when i show a good hand I want people to know I’m not messing around so I will get credit for my bluffs.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I show my cards sometimes, 20 percent of the time

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)
no, I don’t show my cards, they think it’s stupid, let them guess better

siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
because of my style of play, I don't show my cards, but I know friends who use it to work their bluff more.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do not show my cards and I don't really understand the benefit of showing cards but will read through some of these posts to think about it more. Thanks!

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I do not show my cards, as I don't want to give away any information for free! Players could use it to understand my strategy or the way I play better.

I also wouldn't show my bluffs as if I'm constantly winning pots then players would most likely think I am bluffing on at least some of those. So there's no need to show my cards and give away information for that.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I never show my cards to opponent. Pay (Call) and than you can see my cards.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very Rarely, I do not like giving out information without charging for it, unless its a friendly game like a ribbys ruckus or cc freeroll

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in unnecessarily showing your hand. The bad player won't pay any attention and the good player will get additional information for analysis. A trick like this is good against a player on tilt to finally finish him off.

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
Somethimes, it depend on how good my oponent is.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't show my cards, ever. This is redundant information for my opponents. I think the less information my opponents get the better for me :)

A

AndreyBudnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally not, but when I want to get into my opponent's head I do

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never show my cards. why would i give someone the advantage of knowing what i had?

O

optikdave

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stink anyway in cash games so they don't need more ammo against me. I will show if everyone folds to me preflop.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I don´t show No matter what
What do you gain with that? Nothing at all
So;..............

RGda

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, too much hassle, one more thing to do, am often multi tables so don’t have the time either.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I never give free info,... and if I ever do there's a reason I'm doing it, generally you have to pay

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if you want to play with the mind of the opponent who does not pay when you lead show him a winning hand

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I mostly show my cards when I win a bluff, I want my opponents to think that I always bluff when I bet big

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually show my cards but I may on occasion depending on the circumstances or the people Im playing with. I figure if you want to see what I have then your gonna have to pay :).

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
At least I think it's not a good strategy to give information to your rivals about your game.
If you show a lantern, you'll hardly be able to bluff again, and making a good bluff isn't easy.
If you show a monstrous hand or a trio, when you have another hand as a villain it will be hard for him to pay if he wants to see a light hand for him but thinks he wins.
I don't criticize those who teach cards, everyone plays and interprets the game however they want.
The manuals don't say anything about it, but if they say it's good to show cards, at least it would go against the manual and it wouldn't.
a hug from argentina:):):) Carlos

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. If you show you cards you give information to your opponents 😉