Do you usually show your cards?

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my hand. Unless it is going to really tilt another player.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't show my cards because they will have more information about me if i do this!

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would show my in private HG but never at cash table.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually show them, but I usually do it only when I have an excellent hand and the enemy has thrown his hand and he shows me what he had, I only do it when I don't know the players because honestly in freeroll games I know most of them and I understand how they play and the times I show them are exceptional, very rarely but it's because I like to have a balance of mystery and reality.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
On a bluff, on low buy-ins ALWAYS :laugh::laugh:
If on a suspicious hand, me vs opponent only, if feel I'm forced to fold (but wanted to call instead) I'll show one card to tell them you're unlikely to win here but you win (I don't wanna risk it).

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think that showing your game could be counterproductive since in future occasions they could read you the game easier

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Not usually. Sometimes I will show a good hand to show balance. For example min arise unopposed with Aces. In this case I might show to illustrate braoad range of good hands in my minraise.

K

Kasapa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
não mostro.

não mostro, chama atenção para seu jogo.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seldom do I show when not required. There is no way to know how a person will interpret the information I give them and if they had a read on me I would be giving the answer as to whether it was a good or bad read at no cost to them. The object of the game is to win money and giving free info seldom furthers that objective.

Jim

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Never unless they pay to see them why give away if your bluff:rolleyes:

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i show them only when it is an exeptionnal hand like quads

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I almost never show. Like everyone else, why give information when you don't have to... unless it's misinformation.

Recently in a tourney I got an incredible run of strong opening hands that kept connecting with the flop when we got one. So my opponents kept seeing huge and pretty constant aggression from me. My VPIP was probably 45% or so. At one point I had opened with 10/10, the flop came A/10/4 and the other guy donk bet into me. I reraised him which would have put him all in, which pushed him off the hand, and decided to show a 10. I wasn't being a wild man or bully... I was actually playing a pretty tight range, but I wanted people to think I was a wild man, and start pushing back at me with a wider range so I could exploit my inaccurate table image.

I guess my point is that there is an exception to every rule.

miguel198433

miguel198433

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not

Showing the cards makes you give a lot of information about your game, so it is better to keep them hidden so that the opponents do not study you.:deal::deal:

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually never show my hands, these are the experiences I was allowed to make, if :Dyou show a bluff as an example, the risk of being paid at another spot is relatively high.

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't show my cards really in any game, unless it's a in house game with friends I don't really see the benefits, unless someone is specifically tilted at you and you believe it would give a psychological advantage to do so

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just show my cards so you don't see how I play, showing the cards is sometimes a sign of arrogance, there are players who show their cards as a strategy to show other players that they have absolutely nothing in hand then When we have a very good hand they go all out and can win the pot or win the hand :D

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
IMO it's not a good idea to give free information to your opponents, so no- my 'default' is don't show my cards... Still, if it's a fun community game or a homegame, I might show a good bluff or a really strong hand to just add to the fun :)

GLGL all at the tables BlessRNG

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do it in very specific situations, but it is not every time, because that way you give a lot of information to your opponent, it is required to use this option with certain caution, but it is not advisable to show every time because you will be marked.

M

Mmaxiii

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i dont, why will i show my games? 😉

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally never show my hand. Usually when I do it's late game, finale table with 4 or less players. I'm not sure why I do other than making the game more fun short handed I guess.

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. I think this is pointless unless you want to annoy someone or play lightly.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my mood. If we have a great conversation and noone seems to suck any kind of information out of me i sometimes show great cards:)

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. But sometimes doing it for a little fun

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show them 1 card to make confuse all time )

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Its helpless to win, only just for fun