Bean's New Cash Game Thread!

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some interesting responses to your apparent mid life crisis!?
I think I know enough about you to say you are having a mild attack of uncertainty over your career so far and future prospects. Questioning yourself as to whether you are on the right path is natural when the future isnt mapped out.
I think you are definitely doing the right thing taking a break to think about things. You need to come to terms with whether you are going to be a full time poker professional or mix it up like you are doing now.
Whatever you do poker is clearly a big part of your life and you need to keep working on the game.
I suggest you get yourself properly coached, especially in Tournament play so you can vary it from the grind of nlhe cash.
I do also suggest you learn the mixed games starting with PLO and PLO8. They are more fun to play and a pro player needs to be versatile enough to spot a soft game and slot in no matter what the variation.
Best of luck bud, whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I know enough about you to say you are having a mild attack of uncertainty over your career so far and future prospects. Questioning yourself as to whether you are on the right path is natural when the future isnt mapped out.
I think you are definitely doing the right thing taking a break to think about things. You need to come to terms with whether you are going to be a full time poker professional or mix it up like you are doing now.
Whatever you do poker is clearly a big part of your life and you need to keep working on the game.
I suggest you get yourself properly coached, especially in Tournament play so you can vary it from the grind of nlhe cash.
I do also suggest you learn the mixed games starting with PLO and PLO8. They are more fun to play and a pro player needs to be versatile enough to spot a soft game and slot in no matter what the variation.

I really like the points you made about learning mixed games. Not a bad piece of advice Bruce ..

I've been meaning to dabble in PLO too. Incredibly soft.

I am due to go back to the grind soon.... I can't wait either. Perhaps some coaching is in order as well. I would def like to play tournaments

Thanks for the good advice Bruce!

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I really like the points you made about learning mixed games. Not a bad piece of advice Bruce ..

I've been meaning to dabble in PLO too. Incredibly soft.

I am due to go back to the grind soon.... I can't wait either. Perhaps some coaching is in order as well. I would def like to play tournaments

Thanks for the good advice Bruce!

Thats something I was asking you guys a few months back in the hangout, especially Bruce (but I understand Bruce doesnt want to go pro) and that was, once you beat your current stake, dont you feel the urge to go higher, or if not possible, try something "harder" or challenging? I dont know about you but I constantly have to do this. As soon as I feel I am getting "too good" at something I feel the urge to "adjust the difficulty" (by moving up for example) or switching to a new stuff to beat. But this might be just my nature, I am not trying to persuade you to move up, but I really wondered how do you feel about that?

Not just regarding poker, but life in general. OFC there are some things I like to be the same all the time. Food for example, or music... I listen to a very limited amount of artists/songs and I dont mind playing them over again for years, basically. But some things become stupidly boring to me once I dont find it "tough" or something. :tomato:

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats something I was asking you guys a few months back in the hangout, especially Bruce (but I understand Bruce doesnt want to go pro) and that was, once you beat your current stake, dont you feel the urge to go higher, or if not possible, try something "harder" or challenging? I dont know about you but I constantly have to do this. As soon as I feel I am getting "too good" at something I feel the urge to "adjust the difficulty" (by moving up for example) or switching to a new stuff to beat. But this might be just my nature, I am not trying to persuade you to move up, but I really wondered how do you feel about that?

Not just regarding poker, but life in general. OFC there are some things I like to be the same all the time. Food for example, or music... I listen to a very limited amount of artists/songs and I dont mind playing them over again for years, basically. But some things become stupidly boring to me once I dont find it "tough" or something. :tomato:

To answer your question - there's nothing to move up to, not where I live anyways. The highest regular live games are 2/5 NLHE and PLO.

I think that may be a bit of an ego thing with you, wanting to move up and up and up. Live poker only goes so high, at least in my neck of the woods.

I am considering PLO and spending more time on tournaments though. I guess that could be moving up, in a sense.

But I really have no desire to play higher than 5/10 live TBH. That's enough for me. I am not trying to battle a bunch of grinders to make a living at 25/50+

I think I may just not be wired that way. You will probably go much further in poker than I ever will because you have this drive.... I just don't have the desire to beat nose bleed stakes (higher than 5/10 is nose bleed to me).

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To answer your question - there's nothing to move up to, not where I live anyways. The highest regular live games are 2/5 NLHE and PLO.

I think that may be a bit of an ego thing with you, wanting to move up and up and up. Live poker only goes so high, at least in my neck of the woods.

I am considering PLO and spending more time on tournaments though. I guess that could be moving up, in a sense.

But I really have no desire to play higher than 5/10 live TBH. That's enough for me. I am not trying to battle a bunch of grinders to make a living at 25/50+

I think I may just not be wired that way. You will probably go much further in poker than I ever will because you have this drive.... I just don't have the desire to beat nose bleed stakes (higher than 5/10 is nose bleed to me).

I think we already talked this topic and I know your thoughts - I just wonder all the time what makes the difference.

When I think about this myself (I try to reflect/think about myself a lot, think about what I think, what my actions are, if I am good to other people, if Im a good person, if I met myself - would I think Im an idiot or not?) I assume its one of the following reasons:
- different personality
- age difference
- place where we come from
- different life experience with what we have already tried

We are most likely very different personalities of course, as people tend to differ :D
Age difference - I think this might be the biggest reason - dude Im 22, Im a kid compared to you all. I didnt live through anything yet. I didnt experience what you have - just because I couldnt do it yet. I might be just dreaming like a little kid and thats probably the main case.

If I have to be honest, no matter how stupid or arrogant this might sound, I have never faced anything in my life so far that I couldnt overcome one or another way. Of course, "overcome" is a word that can posses a lot of meanings and this applies here, but I still feel this way. One day this will for sure stop, and I will reach some kind of ceiling, but it is what it is. So far this didnt come, and I will try till it comes, eventually.

On being more successful - I would be careful there - I just started compared to you guys and its a loooong way. I havent achieved anything yet. Nothing. Im at the very beginning. On top of that, my will to go high in stakes, etc, can lead to destruction as well. But I am not worried. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be. Lets see, lets try and see how it goes. If life is not at stake, then the stakes are not high :) (thats a saying in Slovak, poorly translated by me, lol)

However, mixing it up with tournaments, PLO, etc, might be super good for your mindset, and for your life. The more variation in your life the better (I think) because its less monotone and the days pass by much slower. You have something to do all the time, but when you look back, you will see the shit ton of work you made in the past year/5years/whatever.

Im just glad I can communicate with you guys, and gain experience, or learn from your mistakes before I copy them in the future. I hope we all gain something from talking to each other :)

EDIT: I dont think its "ego" in its pure form. I was called an egoist by my classteacher in highschool but she hated me. I think egoists act bad towards other people for their own gain - I am by NO means like that. So ego might play a role there, but I dont think Im an egoist or something, well at least I hope Im not :D

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we already talked this topic and I know your thoughts - I just wonder all the time what makes the difference.

When I think about this myself (I try to reflect/think about myself a lot, think about what I think, what my actions are, if I am good to other people, if Im a good person, if I met myself - would I think Im an idiot or not?) I assume its one of the following reasons:
- different personality
- age difference
- place where we come from
- different life experience with what we have already tried

We are most likely very different personalities of course, as people tend to differ :D
Age difference - I think this might be the biggest reason - dude Im 22, Im a kid compared to you all. I didnt live through anything yet. I didnt experience what you have - just because I couldnt do it yet. I might be just dreaming like a little kid and thats probably the main case.

If I have to be honest, no matter how stupid or arrogant this might sound, I have never faced anything in my life so far that I couldnt overcome one or another way. Of course, "overcome" is a word that can posses a lot of meanings and this applies here, but I still feel this way. One day this will for sure stop, and I will reach some kind of ceiling, but it is what it is. So far this didnt come, and I will try till it comes, eventually.

On being more successful - I would be careful there - I just started compared to you guys and its a loooong way. I havent achieved anything yet. Nothing. Im at the very beginning. On top of that, my will to go high in stakes, etc, can lead to destruction as well. But I am not worried. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be. Lets see, lets try and see how it goes. If life is not at stake, then the stakes are not high :) (thats a saying in Slovak, poorly translated by me, lol)

However, mixing it up with tournaments, PLO, etc, might be super good for your mindset, and for your life. The more variation in your life the better (I think) because its less monotone and the days pass by much slower. You have something to do all the time, but when you look back, you will see the shit ton of work you made in the past year/5years/whatever.

Im just glad I can communicate with you guys, and gain experience, or learn from your mistakes before I copy them in the future. I hope we all gain something from talking to each other :)

EDIT: I dont think its "ego" in its pure form. I was called an egoist by my classteacher in highschool but she hated me. I think egoists act bad towards other people for their own gain - I am by NO means like that. So ego might play a role there, but I dont think Im an egoist or something, well at least I hope Im not :D

You def aren't an ego maniac. 😀

It's just that competitive mindset. That drive to achieve more. To prove something, if only to yourself.....

Your mindset is very good man. Very very good. Keep that and you'll go far with that drive. I wish I had the drive like that too.

I don't think I could beat a bunch of grinders at higher stakes TBH. I am content living where I live and playing what I play, but that may change one day.... we shall see.

And yeah, I know what you mean. If you aren't staking your life the stakes aren't that high. I like that

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You def aren't an ego maniac. ��

It's just that competitive mindset. That drive to achieve more. To prove something, if only to yourself.....

Your mindset is very good man. Very very good. Keep that and you'll go far with that drive. I wish I had the drive like that too.

I don't think I could beat a bunch of grinders at higher stakes TBH. I am content living where I live and playing what I play, but that may change one day.... we shall see.

And yeah, I know what you mean. If you aren't staking your life the stakes aren't that high. I like that

Man dont U want to hit me up somewhere else than forum? I mean, if you just wanted to have a chat or something, about anything, just day to day stuff, you can hit me up. I like talking to poker ppl + its a great way to practise my English ;)

Edit - I even considered restarting my thread here but dude all the guys that reply there are either you or in the hangout group and I dont really post day to day and I am not into random handreviews unless they are hillarious or something... So I guess I will just pass it

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And BTW I think you definitely WOULD be able to beat the higher stakes - just break it down. What it comes down to? Just deeper understanding of game mechanics/theory and then knowing who is deviating in what way and how to exploit that, right? + Some huge amount of tilt control.

To be honest biggest boost to my winrate was simply accepting the fact that people underbluff and overcall, so I had to adapt to that, and that I cant tilt if I ever want to be a crusher. So I just dont tilt. If I do, or start feeling affected, I just take a break. And If I feel that I need to commit time to poker - I review, study, talk... but not play. However in terms of tilt I think such a seasoned grinder like you can handle these things. Just need to join the table with the proper shark mindset.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man dont U want to hit me up somewhere else than forum? I mean, if you just wanted to have a chat or something, about anything, just day to day stuff, you can hit me up. I like talking to poker ppl + its a great way to practise my English ;)

Edit - I even considered restarting my thread here but dude all the guys that reply there are either you or in the hangout group and I dont really post day to day and I am not into random handreviews unless they are hillarious or something... So I guess I will just pass it

Yeah maybe..... you can always email me! Livepokerplayer8@gmail.com

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And BTW I think you definitely WOULD be able to beat the higher stakes - just break it down. What it comes down to? Just deeper understanding of game mechanics/theory and then knowing who is deviating in what way and how to exploit that, right? + Some huge amount of tilt control.

To be honest biggest boost to my winrate was simply accepting the fact that people underbluff and overcall, so I had to adapt to that, and that I cant tilt if I ever want to be a crusher. So I just dont tilt. If I do, or start feeling affected, I just take a break. And If I feel that I need to commit time to poker - I review, study, talk... but not play. However in terms of tilt I think such a seasoned grinder like you can handle these things. Just need to join the table with the proper shark mindset.

Yes live players fit right in to that description, and you def can not tilt. They will check call you to death when you tilt and try to run them over:)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regarding moving up: I really don't believe this is an ego based thing. I mean, for sure it can be.

but I think of it as growth. do we grow inside our comfort zone? not usually. The reason I want to do more things, take on more challenges etc for me is generally a desire for personal growth. and yeah, if I'm honest there is probably some ego stuff there as well...but I don't believe that is a primary factor.

just last night at $1/2 there was this lady who was talking nonstop trying to impress everyone with her poker chops. talking about playing the wsop, talking about big name pros she has been at the table with. I felt a small urge to chime in since I KNEW my resume would dwarf hers....but I quickly suppressed it. I quickly saw her for what she was....an ego player. she is not at the table to make the most money she can, she wants to impress us and earn our respect. this is generally a player who wants to make a hero call....doesn't want to be pushed off a pot, and wants to show a big bluff. tucked my mental note away and continued to grind.

But I pursue other methods of personal growth that I'm positive are not related to ego. For example, the time I spend improving my skills at piano and yoga are not going to impress anyone...they will never see or hear it. but I like seeing my own benchmarks change over time in these aspects of my life.

anyways I don't know what my point is. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to move up or stay the same, but I do think there is value in pursuing GROWTH somewhere in your life...it doesn't have to be poker.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
regarding moving up: I really don't believe this is an ego based thing. I mean, for sure it can be.

but I think of it as growth. do we grow inside our comfort zone? not usually. The reason I want to do more things, take on more challenges etc for me is generally a desire for personal growth. and yeah, if I'm honest there is probably some ego stuff there as well...but I don't believe that is a primary factor.

just last night at $1/2 there was this lady who was talking nonstop trying to impress everyone with her poker chops. talking about playing the WSOP, talking about big name pros she has been at the table with. I felt a small urge to chime in since I KNEW my resume would dwarf hers....but I quickly suppressed it. I quickly saw her for what she was....an ego player. she is not at the table to make the most money she can, she wants to impress us and earn our respect. this is generally a player who wants to make a hero call....doesn't want to be pushed off a pot, and wants to show a big bluff. tucked my mental note away and continued to grind.

But I pursue other methods of personal growth that I'm positive are not related to ego. For example, the time I spend improving my skills at piano and yoga are not going to impress anyone...they will never see or hear it. but I like seeing my own benchmarks change over time in these aspects of my life.

anyways I don't know what my point is. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to move up or stay the same, but I do think there is value in pursuing GROWTH somewhere in your life...it doesn't have to be poker.

This is an excellent point(s) Jacki!

I agree with you 100%

I believe I've grown a lot as a person in the last few years, and poker has been a big part of the growth.

But one of the main things I took from your post is we are all different and I view things a certain way based on upbringing and life experiences, and sometimes I (or anyone) have a hard time understanding why people feel or think the way they do.

Good post. I like it.:)

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last day of my painting gig is Halloween, October 31.

I'm way behind on this forum. Way behind on YouTube. I'll finally be able to get back on track.

Feeling a lot better mentally lately as well.

I've been playing most weekends, but I really want to get back to my normal life and I can't wait until November.

I actually have quite a few ideas written down for YouTube. Many different things.

I think people hustle harder than me. Working a regular gig since beginning of August takes a lot out of me though. Running up/down ladders, roofs, walking, painting, wood repair, takes a toll. I'm too old apparently.

Knees hurt. Back hurts. Tired. Lazy.

I didnt even get in better shape. I've been eating worse lately and I also need to get back on track with fitness and diet.

All that being said, I sure am happy I am fortunate enough to chase my dreams of being a superstar poker player and shit. Twice now I got so tilted I got a job. Gotta quit doing that.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday.....

We are playing 2/5 NLHE live in Detroit, MI.

We have approx $1k.

We get dealt 10s-10h.

We RFI to 20, in EP.

Competent dude on our left, regular, approx 750 to start hand, 3b us cold to 65.

Folds around.

We call the extra 45. Off to the flop HU.

Flop 10c-9s-4s. ($135)

We hesitate a little, lead for 75. We are trying to confuse this guy obv. He knows us and at this time due to table dynamics he prob thinks we are out of line.

His 3b range is likely to be extremely tight, like AK or AQs min, but most likely QQ+

Dude calls 75.

10c-9s-4s.......turn Jc. ($285)

Sitting there thinking..... I think we are gonna be check jamming here. Would expect him to bet AA and KK and QQ if we check, and he is a lookup artist so he will likely call a c/r jam.

We check.

Dude bets 140.

We sit a few seconds, announce "All in", dude snaps with one chip, beats us into the pot with the money. Jam is around 900 and covers dude. He is all in for approx 600-650 range.

10c-9s-4s-Jc..........river 3s (1.5k approx)

We table our 10s-10h.

dude says "nice hand" quickly, but holds and looks at his cards for 5 seconds or so. He mucks what he told us later was AA.

After this, go to dinner with a fellow poker player. Older gentlemen. 1/2 nit, hit and runner. He is nice.

We eat, I place a tip on table (we paid with comps). Waiting to see if dude tips.

Service was good.

He does not tip. We make sure to tip enough for both of us.

Never going to dinner with him again. He was fidgeting with 3 or 4 $100 bills, and other smaller denominations, and I know he just cashed out for 200 profit, but no tip.

I still like the guy, but much less now. He is obv cheapskate. Thoughts?

America is one of the only countries I think that tipping is pretty much expected.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At Motor City last night...... we left MGM cause it was a nit fest and we got walked on a straddle twice. No action.

This game is better.

We are BTN. Approx 1.3k. We straddle for $10, get 5-5, BB limps (bad reg, bad attitude), MP raise to 45 from approx 500, we call, BB calls (650 back).

Flop 10c-5c-10d. Checks to dude in MP, he bet 50.

We just flop FH on dry board. Sweet. We flat 50.

Bad attitude in the BB C/R to 200.

MP tanks, folds.

We know this dude in the BB. He is toxic. Always complaining. Always starting arguments, getting thrown out of places. He also is atrocious at poker and stacks off often.

We jam for approx 650 eff.

He snaps. Pot is right.

10c-10d-5c....... turn 10, river K.

BB tables 10h-6h, we table our hand.

BB then says "that's just the start. This is my house. I'm getting more from you."

We just reply "if you're going to put money in that had, I'm happy man. Nice hand."

We have argued previously and he hates me. He was moaning at a table about playing horribly and losing his money, and he was berating some guy who correctly called him and I just told him off.

Ever since then he hates me. He never wins anyways, and he tilts so he is good for the game, and I like playing with him. He is kind of like a bomb waiting to explode every session. You never know when he is gonna lose it, and what's gonna set him off.

He will do strange things like just jam 200 BB over a standard open, with AK, get called by KK, then moan about his luck if he loses, and celebrate and act like an ass if he wins. A swell person IMO.

Anyways, we brushed that one off. Back to the grind. We were up about 300, then we were stuck some. We ended up +164 on the day. Not great but I'll happily take it.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheap tippers annoy me but at times I’ll tolerate them based on dynamics. Non tippers aren’t even people I will Associate with. They get none of my time or company.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheap tippers annoy me but at times I’ll tolerate them based on dynamics. Non tippers aren’t even people I will Associate with. They get none of my time or company.

I pretty much feel this way. I will never go with dude again.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played this hand vs probably the toughest player in the room.... I think he is probably better than I am at poker.

We haven't really tangled together too much yet, but on this particular night, he is 3b our EP opens, I did see him show down KQo on one of these....

So I make a decision to adjust to him, and just play my best.

We're gonna need to tighten up a little in EP.

So, we are the BB. 2/5 NLHE Handful of limpers. Approx 900 in chips.

We look down at As-Qh.

We raise it up to $40.

Folds to the dude, he flats. I'm sure he know we are squeezing. Trying to punish limpers. He has position, and we are about even stacked.

Flop 10s-7c-3s. ($100)

I immediately think of the ace of spades in my hand..... this could work out.

We start out with a bet, $55.

Casually, dude calls. Off to the turn we go. I think it's possible, based on history and what we've seen dude do, he is just floating us with larceny in mind.

10s-7c-3s........turn Js. (210)

Here we go..... if this dude bets we are gonna check raise him and unload the clip if he calls.

I think to myself this obvious thought "he can't have the nut flush."

We check.

Dude assembles a bet, $125.

We hesitate for a little while, and we grab $350 and move it over the betting line.

I'm pretty nervous by this point. I usually don't get nervous. I'm almost dead inside when it comes to these things.

My heart is pounding.

I'm just doing the blank stare at the pot and cards. I hope he can't see my neck veins pulsing or whatever. It feels like my heart is beating so hard my opponents can hear it.

The reason I'm so nervous is probably because I've never really gave this dude the business. I try to avoid players that are tough. If it happens, it happens. But I'm not going out of my way to battle grinders in pots.

But he is def out of line and that's what he's trying to do to me.

So......

He is tanking. I am thinking he is contemplating jamming. Hope he doesn't do that.

I'm also thinking he is probably gonna have to give me credit based on history.

After what seems like forever,

He folds. We keep our composure, don't say or do anything on 6th street. Muck the cards. Collect the pot.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a great play well done, do this more often, push your boundaries get out of your comfort zone. Your confidence will improve and you will be a better player.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it. Villain shouldn't even HAVE a ton of value hands here anyway - even less so when we hold the As specifically. Nice hand!

And def agree with Fig - we need to take more of these spots to eventually get comfortable with them. It def won't happen overnight, but this spot is a great start!

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like it. Villain shouldn't even HAVE a ton of value hands here anyway - even less so when we hold the As specifically. Nice hand!

And def agree with Fig - we need to take more of these spots to eventually get comfortable with them. It def won't happen overnight, but this spot is a great start!

Bruce and Matt:

There are some players that just make me nervous.... I don't know how to explain it but I try to stay away from them. I generally just play them straightforward and try to co-exist.

It makes me uncomfortable because of the thought process that I have developed over the years - we dont get money really from battling other grinders, I feel we get money from the people in the game that make tons of mistakes.

I don't know why I get nervous but some people I just don't like playing hands against. Does that make any sense?

I know I probably have a poker ego. But I don't try to battle others as a way to prove I'm superior or because I want to beat the best player in the room. If we go to war, it's whatever but I'm def not looking to battle a good player.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that's a bit of an outdated mentality in the sense that, you're not "battling" with a better player per se. You're trying to play your hands as optimally as possible.

It happens to be against a better player. That doesn't make the play unprofitable inherently though.

It's perfectly natural to have some fear of certain players. As long as we still play well vs them, that's fine, and again there's value to expanding your comfort zone.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed reading this thread, even though Im not a cash game player. You should write a book. :)

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a great play well done, do this more often, push your boundaries get out of your comfort zone. Your confidence will improve and you will be a better player.

I enjoyed reading this thread, even though Im not a cash game player. You should write a book. :)

That's so nice of you to say! I have considered writing a book, but I honestly wouldn't know what to write about. I have unorganized thoughts and all I can muster is occasional posts to forums.
😀

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that's a bit of an outdated mentality in the sense that, you're not "battling" with a better player per se. You're trying to play your hands as optimally as possible.

It happens to be against a better player. That doesn't make the play unprofitable inherently though.

It's perfectly natural to have some fear of certain players. As long as we still play well vs them, that's fine, and again there's value to expanding your comfort zone.

Excellent point Matt!

Good players and also players that have zero fear and deep pockets make me nervous. I dunno why. I need to set my purse down perhaps

Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos Top 10 Games