A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No brainer call imo, I'd have called it in a blink. Even though it didn't work out the conditions were right to make the play a correct one. Philthy's first post and Zachs post pretty well covered the reasons why, no need for me to go over them again.

As for table talk, let 'em think they are messing your game up by their usual bs but in reality ignore them and play your game. They'll pay for it latter when they try to make a move on you at the wrong time. btw, I'll sometimes chat back saying something that helps them think their bs is working. Guys like that are suckers to a trap when they think they've phsyc'd you out and can push you around. Just one more trick for your arsenal;)

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess I didn't think about checking this flop to this guy. I had full intentions of betting the flop and then if this guy put money in i'd most likely be done with the hand because i have a note on this guy that if he's putting a lot of money in the pot he's got a big hand.

I felt as though checking and then calling a bet from him on the flop would leave me completely clueless as to where I was, versus if I bet and he called or raised I would know my hand probably wasn't any good, especially if he raised because of how tight he plays. is this just completely flawed thinking or does it make some sense? this guy isn't a tricky guy, he's not in there trying to outplay guys postflop.

danny021

danny021

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have no idea what they're talking about... don't listen to those people at your table... you definetly made the right call.. now AQ suited is a good hand but is easily beat with AA KK QQ AK... etc and you'd be racing against any under pair... but since you've invested so much into the pot and it costs you half to call in a race situation.. you're getting great odds to not only increase your chip stack but to also knock out someone else.. id say thats definetly the right call... i would be questioning the guy in the big blind going all in with 7s not your play.. he would be dominated by any overpair and racing at best...

ugotkicked

ugotkicked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, My thoughts are this..AQ suited...trash can.
seems to me I really can't remember ever winning
with AQ suited or not. me and all my friends the ones
that I consider to be (good) card players. we call it.
ACE HAG.