Alucard's Cash Journal - 2NL to 5NL

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks rational & thanks darth as always!
We have our differences rational but I get what you mean in a sense. :D
Wish you both nothing but success. From my experience, as darth said, for success you must try to be more humble & willing to open your mind to others opinions & learn. And that's what I'm gonna continue doing ;)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decent enough session at party.
But my HUD has gone insane I can't trust the saved data anymore.
Even the graphs look weird.

Party roll - $107

Had two coolers against the same nit consecutively in the same table to end the session. 200BBs lost there. I knew he must have a premium on the first hand. Hence the call to see a flop & fold probably.
Second one, again the same thoughts but thought what are the odds of him having aces twice within a very short period of time. Too bad

partypoker - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 210 BB (VPIP: 25.88, PFR: 17.44, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 732)
Hero (MP): 194.5 BB
CO: 195 BB (VPIP: 38.98, PFR: 21.90, 3Bet Preflop: 11.89, Hands: 614)
BTN: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 25.32, PFR: 15.58, 3Bet Preflop: 5.42, Hands: 571)
SB: 175.5 BB (VPIP: 29.64, PFR: 16.26, 3Bet Preflop: 5.58, Hands: 675)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 34.20, PFR: 17.44, 3Bet Preflop: 5.53, Hands: 592)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Qh Qc
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop : (19.5 BB, 2 players) Th 5d Qs
Hero checks, BTN bets 14 BB, Hero raises to 35 BB, BTN raises to 92.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 57.5 BB

Turn : (204.5 BB, 2 players) Ac

River : (204.5 BB, 2 players) Kc

Hero shows Qh Qc (Three of a Kind, Queens)
(Pre 18%, Flop 90%, Turn 2%)

BTN shows Ah Ad (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 82%, Flop 10%, Turn 98%)

BTN wins 194.5 BB

UTG: 213 BB (VPIP: 25.86, PFR: 17.43, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 744)
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 200.5 BB (VPIP: 38.32, PFR: 21.25, 3Bet Preflop: 11.44, Hands: 634)
BTN: 194.5 BB (VPIP: 25.22, PFR: 15.58, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 587)
SB: 174 BB (VPIP: 29.38, PFR: 16.02, 3Bet Preflop: 5.51, Hands: 691)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 34.23, PFR: 17.71, 3Bet Preflop: 5.44, Hands: 606)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kd Kc
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 25 BB, BTN raises to 194.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 75 BB and is all-in

Flop : (201.5 BB, 2 players) 6s Qh 4c

Turn : (201.5 BB, 2 players) 8c

River : (201.5 BB, 2 players) Ac

Hero shows Kd Kc (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 18%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)

BTN shows Ad Ah (Three of a Kind, Aces)
(Pre 82%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)

BTN wins 94.5 BB
BTN wins 191.5 BB

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ough that first hand is even more painful than the second one!

Btw i thought nit means vpip/pfr around 10/8 or something like that. Only plays really nice hands. But yours has vpip of 25.
So whats a nit?

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ough that first hand is even more painful than the second one!

Btw i thought nit means vpip/pfr around 10/8 or something like that. Only plays really nice hands. But yours has vpip of 25.
So whats a nit?

yeah. He was something like 15/8 with 0 3 bet.
As I said my PT4 stats have gone crazy. Almost all the player stats are very similar to each other as you can see. Must do something about it but I'm not sure what. Created a new database but didn't work out

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah. He was something like 15/8 with 0 3 bet.
As I said my PT4 stats have gone crazy. Almost all the player stats are very similar to each other as you can see. Must do something about it but I'm not sure what. Created a new database but didn't work out

If you're playing cash at PP then the problem is the anonymizing of cash game hands. The hand history files that are stored in your local drives store player names as player 1, player 2, etc. They simply don't contain player names anymore. Ref screenshot.

If this is your problem then neither you nor PT support can resolve this. This makes the use of a HUD absolutely useless @ PP. Atleast this was the case when I last checked about 4 months back.

Attachments

• PP cash.jpg
    PP cash.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I guess this is the case and I kind of guessed it.
Happens at party poker as you said. At the tables, the stats are shown correctly by when you review the hands later at PT4, stats are mostly counting the average of the seats.
I will look into see if there's any way to solve the issue.
Thanks!

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fired up a 5NL zoom session at stars to get my roll prepared for tourneys.
I'm happy to say it was very successful. There's money to be made at zoom but you have to be really patient.
And almost never bluff. Specially pure bluffs with A high risking more that 50% of your stack. It almost never works out & people are calling stations.
After 2 bluff adventures that made the session at a loss, I tried super tight discipline not bluffing too much & it ran really good.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna ditch the normal table at stars and start playing zoom super careful super focused. Plenty of fish at zoom + people overestimating hands. It'll be a great experience for the rake race at party as well.

It's almost 1 am here so the session was split in to two days.

1st -
BB/100 = 7.75
Hands - 570

2nd-
BB/100 = 70.03 :cool:
Hands - 347

net won - $14.36

stars roll - $217.26

Here are the graphs. 1st one is super weird. My red lines are on the plus side which I'm super happy about.

SvLhCkL.png

7ZJAhCA.png

On the life side I got called for an interview today for an internship on social media marketing which I applied. Salary isn't going to be good but it's only 3 months & I guess the skill set is why I applied for this.
Gonna apply for more jobs this weekend & think about this as well.
Gonna go to the gym tmrw. (I mean today lol) I went on monday as well.
Did some bench,dumbell presses & pulldowns. Physically I've become weak as hell it's so shameful. Gonna do a light session tmrw as well.
It's been raining heavily here so if it continues tmrw, might change the plans to a home workout.
Gonna read & study trading. Will grind cash at party as well.

I'm not sleepy right now so perhaps will open up a few tables at party.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might be too late posting. But I do hope you realise the impact of not having a college degree does for immigration. A 4 year stretch might be a drag and completely demotivating but it's only 4 years in the bigger scheme of things.

For e.g. The United Arab Emirates had introduced a tiered system based on educational qualifications in 2015 or so. Min educational requirements for job categories and min salaries.

While you can't immigrate to Arab countries there may be possibilities of similar merits based systems in other parts of the world. At the end of the day folks just want to know if we'll end up being a burden on their economies, especially given we originate from a 3rd world country.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I said, I understand the consequences.
And I have no intention of being a burden to others. It not like I gave up the degree & looking for a job to earn my living.
I see myself running a business of my own & have my own vision for my self. If I can take care of myself, my family plus many others, I don't see how I can become a burden to an economy.
I'm not immigrating looking for a job & to earn a living (if I'm immigrating.)
I have other intentions for doing so. There are plenty of countries who are willing to accept people if they can be of some service to their economy in a sense. I think you know this as well of course.

People are too scared to make these kind of decisions because of those things. They see themselves as failures not being able to adjust to the system. Too scared to make risky choices out of the path they've given because in their mind they think what if? Specially in our country you see this very often. I'm fully aware & I got fed up in the end. I'm quite happy.

Last edited:
darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I said, I understand the consequences.
And I have no intention of being a burden to others. It not like I gave up the degree & looking for a job to earn my living.
I see myself running a business of my own & have my own vision for my self. If I can take care of myself, my family plus many others, I don't see how I can become a burden to an economy.
I'm not immigrating looking for a job & to earn a living (if I'm immigrating.)
I have other intentions for doing so. There are plenty of countries who are willing to accept people if they can be of some service to their economy in a sense. I think you know this as well of course.

People are too scared to make these kind of decisions because of those things. They see themselves as failures not being able to adjust to the system. Too scared to make risky choices out of the path they've given because in their mind they think what if? Specially in our country you see this very often. I'm fully aware & I got fed up in the end. I'm quite happy.

You misunderstood. I didn't say you'd be a burden. If you think about it logically you have higher chances of being employed with a degree wherever you choose to immigrate. You have both white collar and blue collar jobs as choices. That's why you score points on your immigration applications for higher education. You not only have higher chances of contributing to that Economy but are less chances of being a burden on state welfare. That does not mean you per say will be a burden. Every country wants folks who'll contribute. Just that you'll have a harder time convincing them that you can, as opposed to someone with a degree.

Higher education requirements can be offset if you have large capital though.

You're polarized on the herd mentality of the conformists. But the advantages are pretty awesome too. Uni/College is pretty much the first platform where you're treated more adult like. This is also your first opportunity to network. People aim for top/ivy league unis mainly for the networking opportunities. You refine your soft skills by engaging in debate clubs, working groups, etc. Without even realising it you start to pick up fundamentals of key skills like project management. Skills that work well in both SMBs and corporates.

Question is: What's the harm in doing taking on your business ventures 4 years down the line after doing your college degree? That's a win/win situation.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is I've tried that. For some time now. And pretty much failed in both trying to do so. And I don't want it to continue for another couple of years like this.
For one I'm missing out on a lot. And I regret it.
And second I don't want my plans to be delayed or postponed anymore by the things I don't want to have. There's more of course.
I have gotten the same advice countless of times. Since I began university. From my parents, relatives, friends to even people I've never met in real life. Even though I didn't like it, I followed those advice until now. It didn't work out very well & I regret doing so & now I'm done.
To others it may seem like a win but to me I don't see it as a valuable thing.
The same stuff you've said about the advantages and such, I've read about it numerous times through forums, blogs & even heard as well.
But I don't see them that advantageous from my POV. At least I've experienced those things in other means so I don't value them as much.

As I've said, I've thought this through a lot. All the stuff you've said I've heard or read of or have realised my own. I'm quite happy with my decision & I feel this is what I need to push myself through to being a better version of myself.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K. dude. What ultimately matters is that you know all this, are prepared for any consequences and are happy pursuing your dreams. :)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playin the 1.10 pro-ko if ya wanna rail:) (1st break,1 bounty,but big stack)

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ran the house today 5NL at 888!
In the end people were too scared to play against me & quietly left :D

Pretty decent run. 3 tabled. When you compare 888 to stars, the levels are so different.

BB/100 = 75.15
Net won = $16.15

888 roll = $94.89

Pretty disappointing couple of 5NL zoom sessions at stars though. I start running really good but somehow loose my patience and loose it all.
I wrote about it in John's thread looking for some advice.

My main target right now is to get prepared for the rake race at party. Will fire up a good 2NL when the freerolls start up.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ran the house today 5NL at 888!
In the end people were too scared to play against me & quietly left :D

Pretty decent run. 3 tabled. When you compare 888 to stars, the levels are so different.

BB/100 = 75.15
Net won = $16.15

888 roll = $94.89

Pretty disappointing couple of 5NL zoom sessions at stars though. I start running really good but somehow loose my patience and loose it all.
I wrote about it in John's thread looking for some advice.

My main target right now is to get prepared for the rake race at party. Will fire up a good 2NL when the freerolls start up.

Yeah that's a pretty good session, right? Ha ha.

Imma have a look at John's thread as well.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update

Big swings at zoom. No matter how you put it, the variance seems out of order. If I'm to success at zoom I feel I need to play good GTO-wise play with very good discipline. All the plays I make should be mathematically-sane & balanced with adjustments according to player statistics.
One one I don't have a good sample of hands of the player pool & I don't know how to get the maximum out of HUD stats. Plus my plays aren't always based on theory or stats. Sometimes it's just exploitative or just practice where you've seen the same scenario before.
so need to study more about GTO & how to get the best out of stats.

Stars roll down to - $198.14

Went down 2 buyins yesterday night session. Not that much concerned about it since I'm not playing tourneys atm.

Note - Study & research how to succeed at zoom

Have been grinding 5NL at 888 today & 2NL at party. I was tired yesterday for the freeroll cash session. But that time is the time I should focus on party because it has been the most profitable time for me.

party roll - $108.83

888 5NL have been pretty smooth. Not much pressure at all. plenty of short stacks around to hunt. Had a tough all in one time. Other than that not much to tell.

Today's session

Hands - 886
BB/100 = 36.23
Net won - $16.05

888 roll upto - $109.94

Some hands

I actually don't know the reason I flatted kings here. Probably afraid of getting coolered? Plus I watched a streamer talking about flatting kings against some players but missed where he said where & when. He's a German 200NLer with a very good success rate. And surprise surprise, he plays 200NL zoom at stars.
Here's his twitter
https://twitter.com/aaaRt777

888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
Hero (CO): 156.8 BB
BTN: 75 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 17.86, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 30)
SB: 107.2 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
BB: 123.8 BB (VPIP: 12.61, PFR: 7.21, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 114)
UTG: 24 BB (VPIP: 26.13, PFR: 16.22, 3Bet Preflop: 2.33, Hands: 116)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh Kd
UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 30 BB, fold, Hero calls 20 BB

Flop : (64.4 BB, 2 players) 5h 2c 3h
BB bets 32.2 BB, Hero calls 32.2 BB

Turn : (128.8 BB, 2 players) Kc
BB bets 61.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 61.6 BB

River : (252 BB, 2 players) Jc

Hero shows Kh Kd (Three of a Kind, Kings)
(Pre 70%, Flop 70%, Turn 91%)

BB shows Ks Ah (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 30%, Flop 30%, Turn 9%)

Hero wins 239.4 BB

---------------------------------------

Free chips flying everywhere. Why would you wanna stop it..lol

SB: 39.8 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 16)
UTG: 125.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
MP: 101 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
CO: 40 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6s 6h
fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (9.4 BB, 3 players) 6c Kh 3d
BB bets 7 BB, CO calls 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Turn : (30.4 BB, 3 players) 5h
BB checks, CO bets 15.2 BB, Hero calls 15.2 BB, BB calls 15.2 BB

River : (76 BB, 3 players) Th
BB checks, CO bets 14.8 BB and is all-in, Hero raises to 74.8 BB and is all-in, fold

CO shows Ks Td (Two Pair, Kings and Tens)
(Pre 47%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)

Hero shows 6s 6h (Three of a Kind, Sixes)
(Pre 53%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)

Hero wins 100.4 BB

---------------------------

Hmm.. Not sure about this. The only hand I'm specifically targeting is Kings. Any ace I felt would bet here.
What are the hands that would 4bet here which doesn't have an ace.

SB: 102.2 BB (VPIP: 8.82, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 35)
Hero (BB): 267 BB
UTG: 89.2 BB (VPIP: 27.66, PFR: 19.15, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 49)
MP: 106.4 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 4.17, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 26)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
BTN: 26 BB (VPIP: 26.98, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 135)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Qc Qs
fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, CO raises to 24 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Flop : (48.4 BB, 2 players) 3d 2s 4c
Hero checks, CO bets 24.2 BB, Hero calls 24.2 BB

Turn : (96.8 BB, 2 players) 5d
Hero checks, CO checks

River : (96.8 BB, 2 players) 2d
Hero bets 96.8 BB, fold

Hero wins 92 BB

----------------------------------
Thoughts? shoving too much?

888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (SB): 101.2 BB
BB: 47.6 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 29)
UTG: 101.4 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
CO: 110.6 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 30.77, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
BTN: 59.8 BB (VPIP: 18.62, PFR: 12.41, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 149)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 2d 2c
fold, CO raises to 2.4 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB, fold

Flop : (5.8 BB, 2 players) Qc 2s Js
Hero checks, CO bets 2.8 BB, Hero calls 2.8 BB

Turn : (11.4 BB, 2 players) Jd
Hero bets 11.4 BB, CO calls 11.4 BB

River : (34.2 BB, 2 players) 6h
Hero checks, CO bets 25.6 BB, Hero raises to 84.6 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 81.2 BB

Here's the tough all in. I wrote this on Figaroo's thread to get his opinion.

Hero (CO): 101.4 BB
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 9)
SB: 228.4 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 21.88, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 33)
BB: 89.2 BB (VPIP: 51.52, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 34)
UTG: 50 BB (VPIP: 14.04, PFR: 12.28, 3Bet Preflop: 11.76, Hands: 57)
MP: 111 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 30.77, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 13)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 4c 4h
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (7.4 BB, 2 players) 8c Qs 6c
Hero checks, BTN bets 5.4 BB, Hero calls 5.4 BB

Turn : (18.2 BB, 2 players) 4s
Hero checks, BTN bets 10.2 BB, Hero raises to 26.4 BB, BTN raises to 91.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 65.2 BB

River : (201.4 BB, 2 players) 7s

Hero shows 4c 4h (Three of a Kind, Fours)
(Pre 19%, Flop 5%, Turn 2%)

BTN shows 8d 8h (Three of a Kind, Eights)
(Pre 81%, Flop 95%, Turn 98%)

BTN wins 191.4 BB

----------------------------

Thoughts on this? I thought about value betting turn, but then thought against it wanting to pot control. V's a nitty fish.

BB: 62.2 BB (VPIP: 27.12, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 62)
UTG: 131.2 BB (VPIP: 27.78, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 37)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 10.39, PFR: 2.60, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 80)
CO: 107.2 BB (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 44)
BTN: 186.2 BB (VPIP: 27.08, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 49)
Hero (SB): 149.8 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has As Kd
fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, MP calls 7 BB

Flop : (21 BB, 2 players) 7d Ks 6s
Hero bets 11.4 BB, MP calls 11.4 BB

Turn : (43.8 BB, 2 players) 8c
Hero checks, MP checks

River : (43.8 BB, 2 players) Ts
Hero checks, MP bets 21.8 BB, fold

MP wins 41.8 BB

-----------------------

Flatting for a 5bet with AK. Thoughts? Felt odds were too good to fold the 5bet.

BTN: 155.5 BB (VPIP: 28.42, PFR: 16.19, 3Bet Preflop: 5.23, Hands: 15,028)
SB: 84 BB (VPIP: 27.57, PFR: 16.70, 3Bet Preflop: 6.19, Hands: 14,728)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.12, PFR: 15.73, 3Bet Preflop: 5.54, Hands: 15,118)
Hero (UTG): 181 BB
MP: 156.5 BB (VPIP: 29.70, PFR: 16.98, 3Bet Preflop: 5.23, Hands: 13,349)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.38, PFR: 16.01, 3Bet Preflop: 5.85, Hands: 15,676)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kd Ad
Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.5 BB, Hero raises to 29 BB, BB raises to 48.5 BB, Hero calls 19.5 BB

Flop : (97.5 BB, 2 players) 4h 7d 9s
BB bets 51.5 BB and is all-in, fold

BB wins 144.5 BB

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Update

Big swings at zoom. No matter how you put it, the variance seems out of order. If I'm to success at zoom I feel I need to play good GTO-wise play with very good discipline. All the plays I make should be mathematically-sane & balanced with adjustments according to player statistics.
One one I don't have a good sample of hands of the player pool & I don't know how to get the maximum out of HUD stats. Plus my plays aren't always based on theory or stats. Sometimes it's just exploitative or just practice where you've seen the same scenario before.
so need to study more about GTO & how to get the best out of stats.

Stars roll down to - $198.14

Went down 2 buyins yesterday night session. Not that much concerned about it since I'm not playing tourneys atm.

Note - Study & research how to succeed at zoom

Have been grinding 5NL at 888 today & 2NL at party. I was tired yesterday for the freeroll cash session. But that time is the time I should focus on party because it has been the most profitable time for me.

party roll - $108.83

888 5NL have been pretty smooth. Not much pressure at all. plenty of short stacks around to hunt. Had a tough all in one time. Other than that not much to tell.

Today's session

Hands - 886
BB/100 = 36.23
Net won - $16.05

888 roll upto - $109.94

Some hands

I actually don't know the reason I flatted kings here. Probably afraid of getting coolered? Plus I watched a streamer talking about flatting kings against some players but missed where he said where & when. He's a German 200NLer with a very good success rate. And surprise surprise, he plays 200NL zoom at stars.
Here's his twitter
https://twitter.com/aaaRt777

MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
Hero (CO): 156.8 BB
BTN: 75 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 17.86, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, Hands: 30)
SB: 107.2 BB (VPIP: 16.67, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
BB: 123.8 BB (VPIP: 12.61, PFR: 7.21, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 114)
UTG: 24 BB (VPIP: 26.13, PFR: 16.22, 3Bet Preflop: 2.33, Hands: 116)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh Kd
UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 30 BB, fold, Hero calls 20 BB

Hero wins 239.4 BB

---------------------------------------

Free chips flying everywhere. Why would you wanna stop it..lol

SB: 39.8 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 16)
UTG: 125.4 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
MP: 101 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
CO: 40 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

BB checks, CO bets 14.8 BB and is all-in, Hero raises to 74.8 BB and is all-in, fold

CO shows Ks Td (Two Pair, Kings and Tens)
(Pre 47%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)

Hero shows 6s 6h (Three of a Kind, Sixes)
(Pre 53%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)

Hero wins 100.4 BB

Hmm.. Not sure about this. The only hand I'm specifically targeting is Kings. Any ace I felt would bet here.

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, CO raises to 24 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Hero checks, CO checks

Hero bets 96.8 BB, fold

Hero wins 92 BB

----------------------------------
Thoughts? shoving too much?

888 Poker - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

Hero (SB): 101.2 BB
BB: 47.6 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 29)
UTG: 101.4 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
CO: 110.6 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 30.77, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
BTN: 59.8 BB (VPIP: 18.62, PFR: 12.41, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 149)

Hero wins 81.2 BB

Hero checks, BTN bets 10.2 BB, Hero raises to 26.4 BB, BTN raises to 91.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 65.2 BB

BTN wins 191.4 BB

Thoughts on this? I thought about value betting turn, but then thought against it wanting to pot control. V's a nitty fish.

Hero checks, MP checks

MP wins 41.8 BB

-----------------------

Flatting for a 5bet with AK. Thoughts? Felt odds were too good to fold the 5bet.

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 9.5 BB, Hero raises to 29 BB, BB raises to 48.5 BB, Hero calls 19.5 BB

BB wins 144.5 BB
HUD coward can't abuse his software in zoom tables and now complaining ??? Go to cash table and play five at once there HUD is much more necessary and useful to cope

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
”Flatting for a 5bet with AK. Thoughts?”
In general with AK you get it in or flat the 3bet (you can also fold, especially out of position), so you just get it in this case imo.

Against range {KK+(6 combos),AKs (3 combos)} on the flop you have 24.3% and he is asking 25.8%. Just to show how funny it is not to get in pre. In his range AKs also represents some shit he 'misclicks'

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
”Flatting for a 5bet with AK. Thoughts?”
In general with AK you get it in or flat the 3bet (you can also fold, especially out of position), so you just get it in this case imo.

Against range {KK+(6 combos),AKs (3 combos)} on the flop you have 24.3% and he is asking 25.8%. Just to show how funny it is not to get in pre. In his range AKs also represents some shit he 'misclicks'

I'd usually fold AK specially at 2NL, 5NL has done some flips and has gone both ways.
I only flatted here because of the price I'm getting. I feel it's not worth it to GII at these stakes where 3bets+ mean really good hands. I don't have the player stats to show you what kind of player he is & I don't remember.
Can you tell me how you did that calculation?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then you just call his 3bet pre, at least I’m quite sure this is the general theory. So you 4betted as a bluff? I’m quite sure in position suited AK is strong enough to flat, if nothing else than for flush value.

The free tool to use for % is: https://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-software-tools/equilab-holdem/

It’s quite easy to use (10min), but has some cool features that take time to master.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do have the equilab. It's not what I asked.
How can you say he''s asking this amount? I don't understand that part.
You mean the odds I get when he bets on the flop or ??

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm getting right odds to call. But still it doesn't mean anything if I'm drawing dead. Almost every hand he shoved on the flop have me beat.
And no it wasn't as bluff.
Too strong to flat specially in position & too strong to fold. So raising is the only option IMO

But I've started developing some strategies of under-repping my hands against UTG open. Specially AK by flatting. It has worked really well & sometimes you get away cheaply.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hero checks, CO checks

Hero bets 96.8 BB, fold

Hero wins 92 BB

BTN wins 191.4 BB

Hero checks, MP checks

MP wins 41.8 BB

-----------------------

BB wins 144.5 BB

First hand: QQ.
That was honestly pretty well played. I wouldn't dare to bet that much on the river, probably forgetting on what range he's putting me. A pot sized bet on the river could possibly seem a little bit bluffy, and I think you would achieve the same goal with 3/4 pot sized bet. Why risk more if you can achieve the same (possibly more because it might seem less like a bluff) with less chips.

2nd hand: 44.
I think I would get out of the way after that flop. But that might be a leak for me. When you think about it a call seems reasonable. I just don't like it because you've got 4.5% chance to hit a 4 on the next street, and if I don't hit a 4 with that hand I don't like participating (that changes with higher pp of course). But there's definitely a case to be made to call.
Once you're past the flop, well... I would lose my money too.

3rd hand: AK vs nitty fish.
His pfr is 2.6 (80 hands so not that many). Still, his range is quite small when he raises. You're OOP. You probably don't win unless you hit an A. Betting the K you made on the flop kinda makes sense to see if he has QQ or JJ, but then again, would he fold that? And if he doesnt, why bet? Why not wait to see what he does? Especially if you're planning to fold if he bets again on later streets.

4th hand: AK 5bet.
The odds were indeed too good to fold the 5bet.
I'm personally not a fan of 4betting AK, but I don't necesserily think it's bad to do so.
Not much else to say about this hand.

I had a question about something but I'm playing the CC freeroll and now I forgot the question. Maybe it'll come up later.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand review

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Kh Kd...

Hero wins 239.4 BB
Nice hand, this is a bad overplay by the AK in the blinds. Versus an UTG raise from a solid player and a 3bet from a solid player then I'd fold AK in the blinds here nearly always.
Not sure why you are 3betting so small. If he's going to call a 10bb 3bet then he is going call a 12bb 3bet. The extra 4bb on the flop add up as the hand progresses. With premium hands you want to extract as much as you can, you are losing value betting this small imo.

BB is a loose goose and these players call with suited cards, he's calling with something on the turn so shoving on the end when the flush hits is not a good play. You will usually only get called by a flush here.
The only Kx that the BB might call off to a shove here is the hand that the cut off actually had. As you move up you will find good players don't put a lot of chips in with one pair.
You need to think about what hands you are trying to extract from and scale your bets appropriately.
I think I would have min raised the turn here to try and get the BB to make a bigger calling mistake. He is getting to call 15bb to win 60bb the correct price to call any oesd or flush draw here. Whiffed draws don't call on the river, if you think they are drawing then extract your value on the turn. As he folded he probably had KQ or KJ or a low cards draw of some sort. If you had scaled your river bet down to something like 20-25bb you might have got a crying call from KQ KJ. 20-25bb is not an amount to be sniffed at. There's little point him bluff raising here when the BB still has to beat the CO.

Hero checks, CO checks
Hero bets 96.8 BB, fold
There is that small 3bet again, and this time its OOP which makes it worse. I would 3bet to 14bb here.
Sorry you are either a genious to put him on exactly KK or you are shove spewing again.
imo its another dubious shove, by your own reasoning you are essentially turning your hand into a bluff to fold out KK....but you have so much showdown value! Bluffs are for where you have very little chance of winning the pot without betting. You need a very exact read that he has KK to make the play and I don't see how you can.
Here I think you you correctly concluded he doesn't have an ace.
That leaves KK JJ TT 99 (who know how low they might go here) and his 4bets bluffs, there will be some players a 5nl 6 max with 4bet bluffs and we don't know anything about this player yet.
I have seen advice from several coaches to 4bet wide the first time you get 3bet from a player in the blinds, kind of sets the tone and puts them off 3betting you light immediately.
There are loads more combo's that you beat here than the KK and nothing worse will call anything with the threat of you having an ace so betting is largely pointless, I just check it down.

This is a much better shove because there are many more hands here that can call especially when he bets quite large on the river. The flushes and straights all whiff which means trips and 2 pair are much more likely to call.

Here though I would check raise this particular flop nearly always, with 2 spades and QJ you can represent a ton of draws and 2pair and I'd expect all decent made hands to call a check raise on that board.
You have a good but vulnerable hand on that board and you are oop so you want to build the pot on the flop here.
So as played leading the turn full pot is fine, you want to build the pot, but then you check on the end? You have a value hand, just bet it, it's too easy for him to check behind and you lose value, especially after you potted the turn.
As played I think he has Qx, probably AQ, I think Jx calls it off so the shove is fine.

Hero checks, MP checks
A 2.6 pfr relates to QQ-AA AQs and AK, you can probs add in JJ.
Not much point 3betting against this range, I just flat.
Again I note the too small sizing of the 3bet. Is someone advising you to 3bet smaller? I can see some merit in doing it in position to keep in weaker ranges but not OOP. When OOP you want to build the pot as quickly as possible to reduce positional advantage.
So 8 combo's of AK v 3 of AA 1 of KK and 1 of AsQs, So its a chop roughly 2 times out of 3 so in the long run probably a fold.

Yeah don't 4bet hands at 2nl unless you are happy to gii. As you move up there should be a clear distiction here. When we 4bet its either with bluff hands that are easy to fold or they are value and the money goes in. If you aren't happy to gii with a hand then flat the 3bet and don't 4bet.

Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos