9-max or 6-max?

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Folks:

OMG!!!! What is this? Ranges? Are we playing golf? Exploitative? Sounds like a bully. Polar? Are we in a Zoo playing with bear? 128G of Ram to run Pio?

So_What_MD

I know the feeling. I try to avoid CG online, generally the online poker drives me nuts, but at least in tourneys, I am profitable. The CGs - does not matter 6 or 9 max - just takes my bankroll.
I also followed more the mainstream poker in the golden age back by 15-20 years. That was totally different, like nowadays. Bots, RNG, whatever else, I read books, watched videos etc. (Never took any "course" or whatever else, even it is free or cost money, the purpose of their existence is obvious, they want to pull more fish to the sites, it was like that 20 years ago, if something did not change in online poker, this kind of fooling definitely. Anyway everybody would be a winning player....)

Generally, in my opinion, the key to find where, what type of poker you are a winning player, enough good for the stake level. The noisy people, and online ads, courses etc just better to avoid, does not help.

I was a profitable player on the main sites decade ago, but nowadays i even avoid ps, something is not okay there.

I followed a high stakes player (more, but his case opened my eyes, proved what i thought). He was a winner everywhere, tourneys, CG, live, online, even won wsop back in 15-18 years ago. Few years later he wrote in his blog that he had a bad beat for almost a year, and he had to rethink the variance of online poker, stopped playing for half year, when he started online again, he won straight away a sunday storm, or whatever they called the biggest sunday tourney on ps. After for half year again nothing, not even an FT, in any tourney. So he quit online poker, play only live, and he still stable, profitable, the online "variance" never applies in live poker... how "strange"....

Some clever guy said, forget the variance in online poker - so forget the "educational" somethings too...

If you check the newbies stats, results, - i play only tourneys, so talk about that - really strange, most of them have a winning or at least top 3, within the first 100 played tourney, - talk about 5-600 often 1K+ reg tourneys -, and after a huge down side, what from they never could recover, is it just coincidence, too???

I could write plenty more things about the run catchers, whose not playing poker based on variance, but the RNG method, and looks silly, but i even do sometimes, and it works, and plenty more things what are visible if you take a bit attention, but not in the mainstream flow about poker...

So be careful with online poker, especially CG!!!!

S

So_What_MD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know the feeling. I try to avoid CG online, generally the online poker drives me nuts, but at least in tourneys, I am profitable. The CGs - does not matter 6 or 9 max - just takes my bankroll.
I also followed more the mainstream poker in the golden age back by 15-20 years. That was totally different, like nowadays. Bots, RNG, whatever else, I read books, watched videos etc. (Never took any "course" or whatever else, even it is free or cost money, the purpose of their existence is obvious, they want to pull more fish to the sites, it was like that 20 years ago, if something did not change in online poker, this kind of fooling definitely. Anyway everybody would be a winning player....)

Generally, in my opinion, the key to find where, what type of poker you are a winning player, enough good for the stake level. The noisy people, and online ads, courses etc just better to avoid, does not help.

I was a profitable player on the main sites decade ago, but nowadays i even avoid ps, something is not okay there.

I followed a high stakes player (more, but his case opened my eyes, proved what i thought). He was a winner everywhere, tourneys, CG, live, online, even won WSOP back in 15-18 years ago. Few years later he wrote in his blog that he had a bad beat for almost a year, and he had to rethink the variance of online poker, stopped playing for half year, when he started online again, he won straight away a sunday storm, or whatever they called the biggest sunday tourney on ps. After for half year again nothing, not even an FT, in any tourney. So he quit online poker, play only live, and he still stable, profitable, the online "variance" never applies in live poker... how "strange"....

Some clever guy said, forget the variance in online poker - so forget the "educational" somethings too...

If you check the newbies stats, results, - i play only tourneys, so talk about that - really strange, most of them have a winning or at least top 3, within the first 100 played tourney, - talk about 5-600 often 1K+ reg tourneys -, and after a huge down side, what from they never could recover, is it just coincidence, too???

I could write plenty more things about the run catchers, whose not playing poker based on variance, but the RNG method, and looks silly, but i even do sometimes, and it works, and plenty more things what are visible if you take a bit attention, but not in the mainstream flow about poker...

So be careful with online poker, especially CG!!!!

THANK YOU for the informative input. I didn't want to accuse anything/anybody to avoid being called SUPERSTITIOUS lol.

I mentioned I watched Barry Greenstein, as a site promoter, play in a PS Sunday Freeroll. He was showing us how to make certain moves. In several occasions his moves BACKFIRED from long shot runner runner. One occasion, after he lost with a dominating equity, he said, "OH I FORGOT THIS IS PS".

"WOW". Alarm bell sounded all over. Greenstein was a mature scholar and a gentleman. He words speak volume. That one statement stopped me from online poker.

I am an experienced jack player. I know all about variance. When I see something unusual, I know it is UNUSUAL LOL. I have no emotions winning or losing. It is just a lot of back and forth, over time I win. Numbers don't lie. But with ps CG, I was actually screaming. MY wife asked how much I lost. I said $16. She asked "why the scream?" RUNNER RUNNER repeatedly is why.

I review my play to learn my mistakes. After getting stroke in the most peculiar circumstances, repeatedly, always to maniac newbie, I decided to really break down my game. I found that I won in most situations. I have one leak and one BIG LEAK only ... early ALL IN. MY AA vs KK would give villain a K. My KK vs 27o would flop him 227; my two pair would find him a set; my set would find him a boat. OK, lets tighten up my play. Nut flush AI and villain found runner runner to make STRAIGHT FLUSH. My 80% equity only scores me about 50-60% of the time. The PS cash out option really helps. At least getting my EV.

50,000 hands may just be a bad run. But why only in one area of the game? Why only against NEWBIES. It makes business sense thou. Newbies tell people how easy it is to win. Next thing you know 10 of his buddies are playing. Mind you, if these maniacs don't leave, 2 hours later EV would get the money back. But the point is made loud and clear.

THANK YOU for the heads up. I just want to learn my chops on here. And transfer my skills to the LIVE tables. It is more of an ego issue. I am a well known AP around here. I would hate to be the fish for 2 years in the poker room. I will approach cautiously online here thou lol.

I spend a lot of time watching people play. I categorize them for future picking of tables. Lately I found Spin and Gos don't have that kind of runner runner phenomenon. It helps me with my short handed, short stack, game too.

Ciao for now.
:joyman:

BigDice75

BigDice75

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play cash 6 max and to play tournaments I prefer the 9 max mode

B

Bubi2934

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6Max it‘s easier to handle the Table and put pressure on your opponents. Just my opinion :)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer 9

because in 6 max you get too little action especially if opponents are nits and you will often only collide with an opponent when he has a strong hand

M

M4L0KoN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer 9, cause the chance is higher to play your hand.