6-max or full ring?

bitowl

bitowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full ring is easier to play and would be a smoother transition for a tournament player imo. You can just play really tight and learn when to make tough folds. 6max is much more aggressive so you need to know when to be a nit and when to get aggressive. It's a significantly harder game in my experience.

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play most 6thand i find it better then the 9. Time, l.c.a. in play, etc

V

Vertifight

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max better, as for me , the game is more lose

Lespaul_Lover

Lespaul_Lover

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally like FR tables because I play TAG most of the time and it works quite well.

Omar Kassas

Omar Kassas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer 6 ppl or heads up 9 10 is rigged too many callers and folds your outs lol..

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play 6max. It is much easier though slightly less profitable.

B

BPEPFPDP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i started poker i played 6-max table but then i try full-ring and that tables looks more profitable for me, players can put more chips, i'm have alot patience, playing tight, now i got 1,9M chips, full-ring tables - is my choise.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how many tables you play at the same time . less than the smaller tables players. the more players the bigger tables

axilleas1992

axilleas1992

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6 max because I can do bluff. full ring is little difficult to bluff.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-max easily control whether the situation at the table and you can play loose

W

Watchurblinds

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the full-rig =) much more time to get a good hand, otherwise u have to play crap :D

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience 6 max and full ring have very different styles, at least on pokerstars. 9 max is very nitty and basically abc poker. If someone is playing a pot they very likely have a premium hand.

Meanwhile 6max you'll get people 3betting very lightly and bluffing a lot more instead of shutting it down.

I do significantly better on 6max, about 20bb/100 difference. I'm probably an anomaly but I find it difficult to build a big pot on full ring unless we both have a monster.

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6max-more hans/hour but too dispersion as full ring

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What tablesize do you prefer?

I play micro stakes NLHE at 6 max but what is your preferred table size?
And is there any difference in the chances or amounts to win?
I think for me 6 max gives more action but in some strategies they recommend 9 max to build up experience and bankroll.
Maybe you have experience with the different sizes and is there an advantage in one of them?

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full ring until you have the basics down.
Then 6-max to learn how you should have been playing from MP+2 on in full ring. :cool:

6-max is looser, more aggressive and overall harder. But you get more hands and more actions, and can get better reads faster, giving you a larger possible edge if you know what you're doing (at the cost of more variance).

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
used to prefer 9max ring and mtt and now i can't stand to sit at a ring table with more than 6 players and i enjoy MTT 9-handed but also really enjoy the faster paced action in 6max so id say about 80% 9max 20% 6max for mtts ;)

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am used to 6 max but now I've played some 9 max and it seems easier. Less action but more fish. It seems more profitable so far.
At some rooms there is only 6 max so I will keep it up where possible to see if it really matters. Thanks for the responses

E

EnSabah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing 6 max now, because is hard to find 9-10 (limit hold'em) max after Black Friday. And like everybody says, is not the same king of game. 6 max is more agressive and loose game. Is a new world to me, a tight player. But with time you can adapt and learn how to deal with that.

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
said it in another thread, 6-max for ring, 9max for mtt's, or 10max. more seats = better, it's nice if youre a bully and short table though in mtt.

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Love 6 Max. Fits My Aggressive Style Of Play.

G

GrafMaverick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play on 6-max tables, because it eazy to win vs 6 players