6-max or full ring?

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah prepare to try and steal the blinds more in 6 max with weaker hands.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 6max because hands are faster and there are fewer fish haha

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6max because hands are faster and there are fewer fish haha

I agreed all the way up to the "hands are faster" part.

Yes leveling yourself against fish is frustrating. BUT YOU DO NOT want to play against good solid players. It's a beginner mentality to not want to play against fish because they're not playing "ABC" poker and you don't want to adjust to their awkward playing style.

If I'm playing loose passive fish, I'm raising a ton of value hands and valuing them to death. If they raise, I better have a nuttish hand if I'm continuing.

If I'm playing an loose aggressive that will try to steal all the pots, I'm controlling the pot and letting them hang themselves.

Yes the suckouts and coolers will be annoying when "fish" do random betting lines both pre and postflop, but you can't let that mess up your game. Fishy players are fishy because they have big leaks.

alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6-max, but i think there is no big diffrences between.I think that for short stack players better the full ring

S

sunshine0410

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like agressiv games in which you're included in more hands, I would play the 6-Max game. Otherwise the full ring is a good choice.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go with 6 man tables imo. The action is much faster and for some reason you get less badbeats. You do have to adjust your game a little.

H

Hajniiii

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience!
try each one that comes in and 2 as more people dependent.
9 more time people have to wait until the round goes down.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like full ring much more. Maybe because I don't play well with too much action..

Y

YtM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 1000 hands in 6 max then 1000 hands in 9 max, keep your notes,see where you fill more confidence,good luck!!!!!

I personally like this advice. As I think another person stated is the blinds. You will end up paying more in blinds in 6max but if you can make the 6max tables into a more profitable table then stick with it. Personally I like full ring one day and the next I prefer 6max.

n8leagr8

n8leagr8

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the whole, I am too impatient to play more than one FR table at a time, but I will typically mix it up and play a few 6max and at least one FR.

You could try them both out, maybe just start with one apiece if you're new to multitabling, and see how it goes.

Deep Bhavsar

Deep Bhavsar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 6 max is the best option for cash games than any other.. either you have it or not, you easily find it and act accordingly...

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 6max more but im better at full ring. It didnt take me long to figure that out haha.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to like 6 max more. Folding all day long in full ring gets old quick for me :(

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Like to play 6max cash games but in tournaments always like to play FR

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6max all day, every day! I can't stand waiting so long for people to play a hand in 9max Cash games. Nor I like having to tighten up my range that much. It's just so much more difficult to do stuff in a 9max game as opposed to 6max. I also found that my win-rate suffers a lot in 9max games as opposed to 6max where I crush it.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like to play 6max cash games but in tournaments always like to play FR

Why do you prefer it this way? I would rather the opposite. Sitting around being patient in a ring game isn't a problem but in a tournament patience isn't always an option.. I've never played a 6 max tourney but it would seem advantageous to someone who prefers a more lag style..

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
For me online poker I like 6-max cash sessions so I can get more action while multi-tabling but I live playing 9 player live.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max .Pois is easier to pay attention

crazyforchips

crazyforchips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 6max games as there are few bad beats (which is great for new players). 9 max games come with higher variance in my experience.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 6 max cuz is more action, full ring can be more profitable but people plays very tight and sometimes it becomes boring

D

DIOGO LOPES

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your relatively new to cash games, eh?

Full ring and then as you become more comfortable/profitable/efficient you can move to 6max.

how long do you think we will be adapted to switch to 6-max?

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll start off with full ring if you're starting off than 6 handed due to the blinds. 6 handed is a lot more aggressive because everyone is trying to have a balanced stack. The full ring is usually a lot friendlier and you also have a lot more opportunity to trap...causing major profit xD if you know how to trap, you'll be fine.