thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cash game 6 / 9

I prefer to play in 6-player tables and zoom, when I started playing poker, the first time I played the money, I figured that with 9 players it was better because the blinds take longer to get past you and wait for a hand to play. problem is that when it comes AA or KK you hardly get called from someone, because the vast majority are waiting for the hands premiuns.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
6 tables is optimal. But 9 is also good. I don't feel much different.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always stick to 6 player tables I feel more confident that premium hands will survive.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some say that the game for 9 max is easier, but I think that playing 6 max is easier to focus on opponents and is generally more convenient. I used to play a full ring, but now I have moved only to 6 max.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max. I play at short tables because I need to play more hands. Frequently passing blinds make it impossible to wait and play only monster hands. The game is more dynamic and exciting.

M

maximmaxim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Nine is very good. Game goes very slow. I like slow game. what your think about it ?

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 players online, and 9 players when live

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for aggressive players 6-max is the better version cause you can apply more pressure and triple barrels work out more frequently

For tight players I think their advantage are the big fields and 9 maxs cause they know which hands they play and will be patient to not get punted off and bust

Last edited by a moderator:
Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play both of them. Its good to switch . Personaly for learner i recommend to learn on table of 9 players. Its important to learn how to play the position.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play 6 because is more dinamic, and is more easy to recognize the style of players

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
6-max (especially zoom/snap for high dynamics) is better as for me and your range should be around 20%. Or about 15% for full ring tables.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd also suggest starting with 9max. You simply post blinds less frequently than playing 6max.
You get to play more hands for the same price, which means gaining more experience. Don't underestimate it. Good luck!

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Six i prefer so faster and more productive.

M

Marowin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you a beginner you should start at 9-max. 6-max is next step.

Most players play at 6-max in wide range of stakes.
I prefer 6-max because i can bet/raise more often.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Long ago, I liked to play more at 6 max tables, and now I feel more comfortable at 9 max tables. For 6 max tables I liked the fact that I felt the game and opponents better. But at 9 max tables I can often meet fish, and if I have a good card and I raise before the flop, then I have a better chance that someone will call my raise. Well, these are my own observations) maybe these observations do not look professional.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 vs. 9

i would say depends on how many tables i play - if i play more than 3 tables i prefer 9 table if i only play 2-3 i usually play 6 table

just my take on it

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 players table will give you more time to get some hands.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 6 players the knob spins faster but you have fewer opponents to take game readings and the variance decreases.
With nine players the knob rotates slower, their blinds are consumed with less speed, but they are more players to read and a little more variance.
Still overall I prefer the tables with 9 players.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 max. the more people the better.

W

Wangles1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Six

I prefer 6 players, mostly as possibilities as winning the hand or bluffing.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
What all prefer cash games? 6 gaming tables or 9?
It all depends on your preferences but once you get into the lobby I notice that 6 max are always full so 6 max are preferable

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in both formats of the game, but I feel more comfortable playing on tables with 6 opponents.

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9-max teaches you discipline and preflop hand selection, 6-max gives you more opportunity to play with speculative hands, but comes with more variance. Really, it depends on your style. I'd recommend 9-max for beginners / those players, who also play rather serious tournaments, whereas 6-max is more action-packed. Having the ability to adjust between the two is always good, of course.