D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For some time I was sure I preferred 6 player table over 9 - I thought my results were better.

As I keep track of my MTT results I then noticed (finally doh!) my results were appreciably better on 9 handed tables. So, even though I prefer playing 6 max its more advantageous to play 9.

As a result, I am now going back through another set of records I've kept to try to see if the results there also skew better to 9 over 6 player tables.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all prefer for cash games? 6 player tables or 9?

I prefer 9 handed tables for tournaments because you can play a more tight solid game. 6 handed tournaments have a lot more gamble to them and sometimes I can keep up with the amount of gamble that is going on, so for tourneys it 9 handed for me. I like to play tourneys tight aggressive not having to play more hands because its a short table good when playing a MTT.

I find myself playing 6 handed in cash games more regularly though, In cash I like to play more hands for a better win rate, but in 9 handed games it is hard to play more hands +Ev and is probably a mistake to play to many hands. This being said, in 6 handed cash games its a little more profitable to play more hands as with 3 less players your hands instantly become stronger. I also play a bunch of Omaha and the games are all 6 handed cash games which I love.

I will sometimes play 9 handed cash games if i feel like playing very nitty and waiting long periods of time for good spots. You generally play way less hands in 9 handed cash games. When getting action you better have a strong holding or one that can possibly make the nuts or a strong hand by the river. 6 handed I find mediocre hands tend to win by the river more often, not so much in 9 handed, but this all matters more so on the group of players your playing with.

So for me its always full table for tournaments and usually 6 max for cash depending on how I feel like playing that day if i want to nit it up i'll multi table 9 handed cash. I will play 6 max tourneys only if i feel like gambling at said time or if its Omaha. Cheers:beerglass:beerglass

T

takeastabatthepot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
6 vs 9

It's strange. I'm more comfortable at a 9 handed table. But I seem to do better a 6 max. Not sure why that is though.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd have to say full ring, I find it more profitable.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On tables with 9 players, the game is less aggressive, so I like to play there more

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer tables of 9 players, is more likely to be an aquarium. ;)

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The greater the risk the more money, and then you know what I mean)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Well i've played recently cash games in 3 different sites and if i remember correctly then none of them had 9 man tables so yeah i guess i prefer tables with 6 people ...

J

Jeister

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at a full table, the game is less dispersive. 9max of course

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9 players to save on the blinds. You don't always get good hands. Good luck.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I prefer 6max tables if I play cash or turbo SNG's and 9 max tables for deep or regular mtt's. ;):p

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer 9 seat tables because they are cheaper in terms of blinds.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will take 9 handed only because more info from other players to gather.