6 or 9 player tables?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play at 9-max tables. 9-max is good for beginners, who love the neat pace of the game. The game at the 6-max table goes faster, more intensively and in a more aggressive style.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play in tables of 6 players when I play cash games

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play both but will sit a 9max table over a 6max table if I had to choose. 9max will always have more fun/recreational/whale players than 6max in my experience. You give up a few hands per hour playing 9max vs 6max, but my bb/100 is substantially higher on 9max tables.

If you are more a tighter/passive type player who is only comfortable playing tighter ranges= 9max is for you.

If you like to play lots of hands and a wider range while be loose and aggressive then 6max is likely better suited for you.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Actually I do not like online cash games
I would say 9 players in Tournaments is better
You dilute bluffers...haha
rgds

D

dungnc284

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l like 6 tables but sometimes playing 9 tables will give you a lot more professional feeling, just like wsop

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer 6 player tables it just seems less busy and alot less to take into consideration, to me i hate tournaments that have 9 players crammed on a table its just not for me its pure concentration head ache material for 9+ hours lol mabe my age :p

robert

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When 9 players at the table need to be careful. Lots of people, lots of maps, lots of combinations

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go with 9 players

I do better with 9 players. The more players, the more possible outs, table-wise; makes me concentrate more.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 9. more time to make a decision than 6.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello how are you? I prefer to play tables of 6 because at high levels there are no tables of 9 players

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer 6 max. you can have more fun with it and play more hands while in 9 max its basically just wait for really good hands

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
6 online and 9 live. More time to study players live. online, i'm looking for more hands to limit variance.

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you all prefer for cash games? 6 player tables or 9?

Hi witfighter, that is a very good question, I always prefer the tables of 6 because there are fewer players, it is easier to read the rivals and also, in Texas Holdem there are 12 cards in total to all players instead of 18, in Omaha / Omaha Hi-Lo there are 24 cards in total to all players instead of 36.
Therefore in the tables of 6 there is a greater quantity of possible Outs, but more than anything this is more favorable in the tables of Omaha Hi-Lo, and this is my favorite game, where if a total of 36 cards are dealt to 9 players, and if we discount the 3 cards of the flop, then there are 39 cards and therefore in the deck only 13 cards remain, but in a table after the Flop there would be 25 cards in the deck and that is a big difference.

And not to mention other modalities where more than 4 cards are dealt to each player.

I hope you liked my answer:):):)

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like of course 6-max,as in 9-max is a very long game in my opinion so I like quickly game

D

dimetrio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the 6 max table. There is more action and you can open more hands, play the dynamics of the game, which does not make you bored. At 9 max tables you need to play more tightly and I prefer a more aggressive style.

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO... I think 9-handed is better suited for patient, disciplined, pragmatic players; as opposed to 6-handed which is generally a bit more of an 'action' game. It's best for players that can wait for long(er) periods for premium cards and ideal situations. Those who can identify when to slow play the nuts because the opponent is likely to have made a strong 2nd best hand and is likely to bet more than they would call and things like that. 9-handed is a slower and (usually) tighter game. Because there are one-third more players being dealt each hand, its somewhat more likely that a premium starting hand has been dealt to someone. The dealer is typically going to deal fewer hands per hour as well, which tends to get boring for those with even a sprinkle of ADD. And finally, with more players, heartbreakers and coolers like set-over-sets are also a little more common, so if you're destined to showdown the hand, make sure it's the 'right' set. But, the blinds come around less frequently, so being ultra-selective pre-flop and mucking marginal starters isn't punished as harshly.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer tournaments and I usually choose tables for 9 players.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you all prefer for cash games? 6 player tables or 9?

6 Player tables if it's a soft lineup (more opportunity to play hands with weak players)

9 Player tables if it's a tough lineup (a lot of strong players play too loose on full tables)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer variety, so I play at different tables, for me it does not make much difference how many people at the table, though I do not like to play one-on-one, it's too boring for me.

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play 6 tables cause I can concentrate more on my opponents

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since Full Ring is more of less dead I would rather give new players the advice to better learn to play 6 max from the beginning.It took me quite a while to adjust

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how strong players you play at the table. There is a greater chance of loss at a table for 9 people because there may be card collisions according to the probability calculation. That's why 6 players are enough.