10NL easier than 2&5 NL

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staking thread so, everyone can be rolled for 10nl and crush.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was supposed to be a joke,right? cause of the comment i made about staking a fish? (i must be slow)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, ive come to the conclusion that when i made this thread, i must have been on some kind of tilt or bad beats in a row. Ive been playing alot of 5 NL the past few days and came to the conclusion that it is super easy after all.

I dont wanna brag(but i cant help myself), but i sat down for some 5NL zoom tonight and was playing as ABC as it gets and i was on some kind of crazy heater and i made my initial 5$ into 38 during one session. thats almost 8 buy ins in 2 hours of double tabling zoom.

After that im never gonna say that 5NL is hard again. Long live 5NL!!

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is easy when on a heater :D I can't play Zoom profitably though, so if you can go for it!

I have followed some recent advice from the forum and just stopped thinking while playing. Started crushing 15 bb/100 while running 5bb/100 under EV (of course) over 4k hands.... we will see if it lasts.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, ive come to the conclusion that when i made this thread, i must have been on some kind of tilt or bad beats in a row. Ive been playing alot of 5 NL the past few days and came to the conclusion that it is super easy after all.

I dont wanna brag(but i cant help myself), but i sat down for some 5NL zoom tonight and was playing as ABC as it gets and i was on some kind of crazy heater and i made my initial 5$ into 38 during one session. thats almost 8 buy ins in 2 hours of double tabling zoom.

After that im never gonna say that 5NL is hard again. Long live 5NL!!

Surprise. You mean all those experienced players who told you that in this topic may actually know what they're talking about after all eh. Imagine that. :p

Hopefully the rungood continues.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Soul crushing continues, 88k hands and counting. I am at -89$ in 5NL, EV diff. is +40$ and it doesn't show beauties like this one:

Hand 1:

CO ($4.90)
Button ($7.35)
SB ($4.92)
Hero (BB) ($4.17) - This is a ticket.
UTG ($8)
MP1 ($2.86)
MP2 ($7.26)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
club.gif
, A
club.gif

UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, Button bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Button raises to $7.35 (All-In), Hero calls $3.67 (All-In)

Flop: ($8.41) 8
spade.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
, 4
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($8.41) 6
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($8.41) 7
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $8.41 | Rake: $0.42

Results below:
Button had 2
club.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(three of a kind, twos).
Hero had K
club.gif
, A
club.gif
(high card, Ace).
Outcome: Button won $7.99

Obviously shoving a hand that is between 18% and 55% in equity is teh nuts.

Hand 2, same guy, I bought in with cash this time and won some $$$:
MP2 ($5.54)
CO ($8.63)
Button ($2.11)
Hero (SB) ($9.28)
BB ($4.88)
UTG ($13.03)
UTG+1 ($1.47)
MP1 ($9.76)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
heart.gif
, K
spade.gif

4 folds, CO bets $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.45, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.95) 10
spade.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.95, CO calls $0.95

Turn: ($2.85) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $2.13, CO calls $2.13 - Sizing doesn't matter really (I could have potted and he calls anyway), we are getting it in on the river 100% of the time.

River: ($7.11) 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $5.75 (All-In), CO calls $5.10 (All-In)

Total pot: $17.31 | Rake: $0.86

Results below:
Hero had K
heart.gif
, K
spade.gif
(one pair, Kings).
CO had 7
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(two pair, sevens and sixes).
Outcome: CO won $16.45

... 89k hands and counting. It just never stops, ever.

He is now sitting with 4BI and is in God mode, shoving pretty much every hand with any kind of equity (22, hey, lets shove!).

I am seriously mentally exhausted from all this endless shit, no matter how much I try I am ALWAYS running into this garbage.

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 > AK

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW,JUST WOW. very unlucky man. not much you can do when stuff like that happens.unexplainable plays too. guy sucked!!!!

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but still,we dont shove two's pre ,do we?:hmmmm:
Well obv not but Im glad when they do. My post strategy of only making sincere comments in edits is probably not profitable in the long run :(

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't get it. If you shove 22 best you can hope for is 55% (unless I am completely retarded and am somehow calling with A2 or something) and any other PP has you utterly crushed. It is just not done.

So it is not that I lost a flip but he had to know he is making on average a massively -EV play.

BTW AKs is actually 50:50.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 3, same guy. He calmed down a bit after coolering me last time, now he is raising normal hands. Even cretins get some self-preservation instincts after narrow escapes. Stopped shoving every 3rd hand too.

MP1 ($4.78)
MP2 ($20.43)
MP3 ($3.25)
Hero (CO) ($5.88) - Gotta build up that stack so I can take on the champ ;)
Button ($3.21)
SB ($5.39)
BB ($1.15)
UTG ($1.99)
UTG+1 ($2.64)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J
spade.gif
, J
heart.gif

UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, MP2 bets $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.20, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.67) 5
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
, 10
heart.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, MP2 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.67) 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero bets $2, MP2 calls $2

River: ($6.67) 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.68 (All-In), MP2 calls $2.68

Total pot: $12.03 | Rake: $0.60

Results below:
MP2 had K
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(two pair, Kings and tens).
Hero had J
spade.gif
, J
heart.gif
(full house, Jacks over tens).
Outcome: Hero won $11.43

I wouldn't even blink if he showed TT. Now I just gotta avoid getting coolered next time.

Last edited:
LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy has completely shut down, VPIP went from like 70 to 0 :D I am guessing he is waiting for AA or something and then he is gonna show me who is the boss :) I bet he slowplays it too.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In this instance yes, because villain holds the 2c. AKs is a slight favourite otherwise.

You don't get it. If you shove 22 best you can hope for is 55%

You probably hope for a fold heh as opposed to 55%. 55 is a little generous actually. 83o would get him over 54, but I'm not sure what you're calling a jam with that he'd get 55% against.

So it is not that I lost a flip but he had to know he is making on average a massively -EV play.

Yeah I hate when my opponents make massively -EV plays too. Given what I think I know about your 3bet/f4bet/general play etc, jamming over your reraise with that hand was suicidal. 5NL gonna 5NL.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of my opponents just told me he runs bad but not as bad as I do :D

"vicki_g95: I've seen you get some bad luck damacon
damacon77: yeah, it is getting tiresome
vicki_g95: lol dw you can't be as bad as me
damacon77: :D you think so?
vicki_g95: ok lol maybe you can
vicki_g95: my PT4 shows you running $29 below EV
vicki_g95: I'm $26 below
damacon77: I am 35 :p"

I make people feel better about themselves :D "well at least I am not that guy"

Last edited:
D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing some 5NL myself atm. Looks like min 3 betting random junk oop is still a thing. It's not tetris guys. You don't lose when your stack gets too high.

rocket316

rocket316

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main reason the micro limits are so hard to beat is the astronomical rake. From my experience at 6-max 100NL the rake equates to about 5 or 6 bb/100. At 2NL or 5NL I can imagine this number is much closer to 10bb/100 or even more. This means you must be beating the game at a least 10bb/100 just to break even!

Luckily, as you move up limits you end up paying less and less rake because on all sites the rake cap is in $ and not big blinds. I would avoid 2NL and 5NL and stick to 10NL and above as long as you have enough bankroll.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to HEM (which isn't entirely correct) rake in 5NL comes to 5.7 bb/100 and I am aware it is eating into everybody's win rate. It is not accidental that even the best winners I see are barely above break even when EV adjusted (most winners are running above EV).

I am now at around 440$ and could take some shots at 10NL but the rake is calculated in the same % there (only at 25NL it drops down a bit). Also I feel that I am simply not good enough yet to go up since there are situations that I handle badly (mostly blinds play and OOP play in general). If my losses can be somewhat attributed to putrid runbad, OK, but who says it won't be even worse higher up where players are better.

I want to at least break even in 5NL (now at -86$, of which 33$ are pure EV minus and the rest is runbad + mistakes) before I move up if BR allows and ideally I would like to have at least 50k hands sample where I am winning comfortably after EV adjustment.

Considering the number of mistakes I am making it should be doable, after all I am now at only -0,75 bb/100 (EV adjusted) and I am running horribly.

Thank you for the correct and helpful suggestion though.

Last edited:
S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to HEM (which isn't entirely correct) rake in 5NL comes to 5.7 bb/100, and I am aware it is eating into everybody's win rate. It is not accidental that even the best winners I see are barely above break even when EV adjusted (most winners are running above EV).

I am now at around 440$ and could take some shots at 10NL but the rake is calculated in the same % there (only at 25NL it drops down a bit). Also I feel that I am simply not good enough yet to go up since there are situations that I handle badly (mostly blinds play and OOP play in general). If my losses can be somewhat attributed to putrid runbad, OK, but what says it won't be even worse higher up where players are better.

I want to at least break even in 5NL (now at -86$, of which 33$ are pure EV minus and the rest is runbad + mistakes) before I move up if BR allows and ideally I would like to have at least 50k hands sample where I am winning comfortably after EV adjustment. Considering the number of mistakes I am making it should be doable.

FullTilt doesn't even have the lowest rake rates either. Fairly sure stars sits at the lowest on the scale. All the other sites tend to have more rake no matter the limit, however micro rake on the less popular sites can be extremely high in comparison. Thankfully they make up for it with worse competition.