Lets just nit life.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with marg on this, the shorter our stack gets the less RIO matters so our direct equity matters more and more,

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a big misconception that a lot of players make. You are just going to flop a marginal hand post too often and compound your mistake of calling a raise preflop with 72o. I see live players do this all the time in the SB and they call with 92s pre because of pot odds and they chalk it up as a bad beat when someone makes a better flush or 2 pair.
Fine. I'll concede that this is mostly my limit experience talking here, and that reverse implied odds are going to be WAY bigger in NL.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couple of things

1) limping here live is incredibly standard, yes we should be deeper but why wouldnt we play a multi way pot with a hand that when we hit we nearly always double up, if not triple up

2) if the rake is retarded thats even more reason to limp because if rake is that high we need to be playing more multi way pots and fewer HU

Also that rake cannot be correct fwiw

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Aaron you asked for it. whenever I am in that situation I never let them see the missing flush card unless they pay a Big rise or All in, otherwise they will beat you over and over again. :banghead:

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just looking for some opinions and plays others might make in this spot.

I believe I made the mistake of not going all in on the turn. At least this is my assumption.

Last hand on a 1-2 table with 88 dollars behind....

New player sits down gets dealt in and calls preflop with no raises. 4 players to the flop.

Me button 8c, 9s
New player Small Blind (40$ behind)
Utg1
Utg2

All see the flop 10$ pot

Flop: Ks, 8d, Jh

Sb checks
Utg1 checks
Utg2 checks
Me Button checks

Turn: 8h

Sb bets 8
Utg1 folds
Utg2 folds
Me Button raises to 20 (20 into an 18$ pot, I instantly sensed this guy small blind had a flush draw and was semi-bluffing. Body language, demeanor gave it away. I felt there's no way a heart comes out, hopefully. An 8 was a possibility as well, but I felt he was bluffing with my 8)
Sb calls 12 more

River 5h

Sb bets 18 rest of stack.....

I knew instantly this guy made a flush and I was pissed off I let him draw for it. I felt I made the mistake of not shoving on the turn.

I call knowing I'll see a flush. He turns over 9-7 suited hearts for a flush.

What's your move on the way it plays out?

Hey Aaron,
I haven't looked at the rest of the posts but here's my take.

If he's sitting down with only $40, and he bets $8 on that turn, with only $30 left I think you needed to realize that he's pot committed with any raise and you may have pushed him off by going all in on the turn. However given he had both straight and flush draws, I think you found that one hand where you're losing your stack one way or another. He has too many cards to hit not to call and you find bad luck.

Why did you call the river? If your read was draw and it hit, and he instantly pushes, why pay him off more??

Organize a Home Poker Game