$25 NLHE 6-max: 4-bet pot oop, hows my line

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@acky; I was stacking off.

like I kinda get why youre stacking off pre becos of odds but at best when we get called arent we like a flip?

When I first looked at the hand I was thinking like QQ/JJ/AhKx as well but you said itd be super bad of the villain to play the hand like that. Can you explain to me dude?

I think I kinda maybe get it lol

A

AlwaysPlanAhe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like I kinda get why youre stacking off pre becos of odds but at best when we get called arent we like a flip?

When I first looked at the hand I was thinking like QQ/JJ/AhKx as well but you said itd be super bad of the villain to play the hand like that. Can you explain to me dude?

There's nothing to get. Don't call 5bets or 6bet shove 33 preflop with no FE at micro-stakes ever. It's not a sicko or lag move, it's not some deeper level thinking concept...it's just plain silly...no matter what anyone says. Like I can't even stress that enough, it cannot be rationalised in any way to be a +EV decision either immediately in showdown or potentially in future hands.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're stacking off I much prefer 4b shoving yourself over 4betting your size and calling a shove.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's nothing to get. Don't call 5bets or 6bet shove 33 preflop with no FE at micro-stakes ever. It's not a sicko or lag move, it's not some deeper level thinking concept...it's just plain silly...no matter what anyone says. Like I can't even stress that enough, it cannot be rationalised in any way to be a +EV decision either immediately in showdown or potentially in future hands.

+1.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Il explain tomo.

[ ] Off drink until I reach wellington.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Not stacking off because of odds,
game flow,
stats,
villain,
ME!

More often then not it will be a flip, assuming I get folds from 9s, im prob crushed around 25%.

Sure, so basically when im checking this flop im very polarized, so assuming villain is decent in which case hes semi decent I can play semi optimally.

My thought process;
So any overpair to the board should be bet calling off as my range is more so weighted towards air rather than crushing the flop.easy right, because any Ax/Kx with the heart etc im betting this flop, so when i check to villain and he doesnt bet, imo he can never have an overpair except AA/KK with a heart, as any other combo, he risks losing all his equity on the turn when a heart comes, so once done i just disregard overpairs as their are far more combos that arent containing the heart, so +ev right, because a lot less chance he has an over pair with a heart.

Now when i check flop, imo I kinda have to check turn, i hear what people are saying about betting 1/3 pot, but mehh, think my line is slightly better.

When he bets turn and not flop his range is now polarized also, again only a small amount of combos that are in his range crush me so, im pretty sure i have decent FE, as I think he checks back all his 9s< with a heart as hes got decent SD value and can re-evalutate river in pos.

So against a nutted range were im crushed in comparison to when im slightly ahead, along with FE, imo its +ev to shove rather than fold.
Again i check flop with the intention to snap fold, hand didnt play out that way so i adjusted..Which is key, no good it did though as he spiked a heart on the river, but mehh, irrelevant.

If this doesnt explain it, then just ask again and il try go into more detail or make it simpler.

This is one example of what i say as a joke to be taken as gospel, chill-lax..

If you're stacking off I much prefer 4b shoving yourself over 4betting your size and calling a shove.

4-bet size is standard imo being oop. I think ive more FE with a 4 bet, but yeah seems fine also...

Great contribution, i hate shit like this were people just +1 a post with loads to be discussed about the post, makes no since...
Its obv fine for a simple aggreement like yes/no.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW there are only so many ways to say you're play and your "plan" was horrible and it's all been said ITT. So you just keep trying to justify it and everyone else can just +1 someone else's reason as to why it's so bad.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Its come to a stage were i just wana say, HU4ROLLS.?!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fancy some hu4rolls, shall we do doubles? i choose hackmeplz (who's comment you should really consider cause i think 4bet shoving is far better than 4bet calling) to be my partner, choose yours and we're good to go

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i fancy some hu4rolls, shall we do doubles? i choose hackmeplz (who's comment you should really consider cause i think 4bet shoving is far better than 4bet calling) to be my partner, choose yours and we're good to go

Does it have to be someone from CC, cant think of anyone atm.. ?
I was really just calling wvh out.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-bet size is standard imo being oop. I think ive more FE with a 4 bet, but yeah seems fine also...

I don't see how smaller gets more folds. He gets a better price to call and you can have much more bluffs in your range. When you shove you can't really have random air anymore. And also it's just a ****ing disaster when he bluff shoves A7s or 56s.

Its come to a stage were i just wana say, HU4ROLLS.?!

Yes please?

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see how smaller gets more folds. He gets a better price to call and you can have much more bluffs in your range. When you shove you can't really have random air anymore. And also it's just a ****ing disaster when he bluff shoves A7s or 56s.

Yes please?

I didnt say smaller does?

I understand why your saying 4 bet jamming is an option, never disregarded it as an option, or said it was bad..

No reg bluff shoves that range at 25nl imo.

Do ppl actualy read my posts?! :confused:

Edit: Not sure were this HU thing is going, ive called out WVH, not pros like ye

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd normally suggest play money HU to avoid the rake but not sure I'd trust everyone to pay up at the end. Think I'll just give it a pass.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd normally suggest play money HU to avoid the rake but not sure I'd trust everyone to pay up at the end. Think I'll just give it a pass.

Cool, would be good though if we got some kinda HU tournament thing going..

I might look into it later on and see if ppl are interested.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think his 5betting range is here?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're calling $22 to win $34.88
We need 39% equity to call.

Lets give villain a tight 5betting range:
Hand 0: 81.569% { KK+ }
Hand 1: 18.431%{ 33 }

Lets give villain an average 5betting range:
Hand 0: 65.399%{ QQ+, AKs, AKo }
Hand 1: 34.601% { 33 }

Lets give villain a loose 5betting range with 12 combos of bluffs thrown in for good measure.
Hand 0: 63.823% { 99+, ATs+, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 36.177% { 33 }

None of these meet 39%. You've given us no reason to even believe villains range will be anywhere near as loose as the last range either, people at 25NL don't adjust this wildly, your OP didn't give any details on 4bet history from this spot. Heck other than results we've no reason to believe villain even 3bets light from this spot and even knowing he had AQ it's likely he turned it in to a bluff seeing as he weren't prepared to stack it. (take AQ out of the loose stacking range and we're in very bad shape).