$10 NLHE 6-max: When to fold a FH

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No it does not. On a A72r flop there are no draws.

No. It turned ugly because bet sizing sucked both on the flop donk bet and the turn raise.

Lmao - there are no draws at all on this board?

So 34 and 45 cant hit?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A72r is used as the archetype dry board for a reason

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What difference does it make???

money

This hand was posted not for analysis, but to show that the dude rivered a better FH. That's all.

it's posted in Cash Game Hand Analysis. It's full of mistakes. That deserves analysis.

In general, I think it's best to play my hands with AGGRESSION.

Calling the reraise is just to passive for MY game.

If you don't like money, i guess that's fine.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
money

it's posted in Cash Game Hand Analysis. It's full of mistakes. That deserves analysis.

If you don't like money, i guess that's fine.

Ok, this is a great example of how this strategy your talking about backfires.

I do like money, I just don't like allowing players to see cards without paying for them.

IMO - as soon as OP decided to call the flop raise, his hand was doomed.

Can A4o fold the turn? How about the flop???

Exactly.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not thinking my FH is vulnerable. I'm thinking my bottom set on the FLOP is vulnerable.

Please read what I write before you try to respond.

I agree that this should be a fold preflop, but I'm still thinking reraising the flop is the best play here.

Throwing potential bets away???

See - the problem here is:

I'm here to learn and get better by giving my opinion and seeing what other players think.

You're obv here to call people stupid because they don't see things your way. I really don't care if you think I'm stupid because by just calling the raise on the flop - you are not only giving your opponent a chance to bluff again, you are also giving him a chance to out draw you.

LMAO @ 2 outs at most.

Sorry confused the flopped set with a turned FH but either way your set on an A72 rainbow flop is about as lock as it gets. He has basically zero draws and he'll likely fold all but his best Aces to a 3bet on the flop because it SCREAMS set.

And I did read all of your posts. That's how I knew they were wrong. :)

The chances of your opponent bluffing if we just call the flop raise is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>him out drawing you on the turn in this hand.

Also I never said you were stupid, only that your particular line on this hand was stupid.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry confused the flopped set with a turned FH but either way your set on an A72 rainbow flop is about as lock as it gets. He has basically zero draws and he'll likely fold all but his best Aces to a 3bet on the flop because it SCREAMS set.

And I did read all of your posts. That's how I knew they were wrong. :)

The chances of your opponent bluffing if we just call the flop raise is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>him out drawing you on the turn in this hand.

Also I never said you were stupid, only that your particular line on this hand was stupid.

But that's your opinion.

It's really not stupid at all, just different from yours.

For me, I'm not wondering if the guy has an ace ok?

That's why I'm raising, because I don't think he's bluffing. I think he will call our reraise and then we shove the turn and get paid off by ace queen.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, this is a great example of how this strategy your talking about backfires.

The way OP played his hand does not in any way represents the strategy i advocate. So no, it's not a great example, because my stack would get in on the turn as a 85% favorite in a $12 pot while you would have collected a $1.5 pot on the flop against most of villain's range. I like my odds better.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because obviously villain has a specific hand, not a range... :marchmell :elefant:

Don't you know that a flop min raise of a donk bet means TP2K and absolutely nothing else???

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way OP played his hand does not in any way represents the strategy i advocate. So no, it's not a great example, because my stack would get in on the turn as a 85% favorite in a $12 pot while you would have collected a $1.5 pot on the flop against most of villain's range. I like my odds better.

So I can't predict the villian's hand but you can predict that he will fold for sure to my rerasie?

You would call the minraise and shove the turn?

You would end up with the same amount of $$ as me if he folds to your shove on the turn.

Nobody even asked me how much I'd rerasie. What if it was a minreraise?

LOL

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the chance of hitting a gutshot on the next street is like 8%, and the chance of hitting a set on the next card is like 4% (I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's right). Those are the only "draws" in villain's range, so we don't need to charge them to play.

Also, I believe Belgo is suggesting that he check-raises the turn, not donk it, because if we wanted to donk it we might as well 3-bet the flop, since donking also prevents us to collect more bets from bluffs.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I can't predict the villian's hand but you can predict that he will fold for sure to my rerasie?

You would call the minraise and shove the turn?

You would end up with the same amount of $$ as me if he folds to your shove on the turn.

Nobody even asked me how much I'd rerasie. What if it was a minreraise?

LOL

Maybe if you weren't so full of yourself, you would have a chance of learning something?

That being said, I'm done with this thread.

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK wow.
I posted the hand to open discussion ABOUT the hand.
Hence the reason its posted in this forum and NOT the BAD BEAT thread. You know what is said about assuming.

Now...
I know I played it bad. I WANT to play it better next time.
THAT is the reason I posted it.

Thanks guys. Actually one of the better threads in CGHA.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe if you weren't so full of yourself, you would have a chance of learning something?

That being said, I'm done with this thread.

I'm not full of myself - I'm full of sh*t.
I am learning stuff, but everyone needs to have the ability to learn.

Folding in Poker